Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone goes on for too long!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Okay, before I start complaining, I just wanna say that I love Wizard101. It's always been (and always will be!) my favorite game. But I think Marleybone goes on for too long. I've heard that it has the most quests in the Spiral, but it stretches on forever! Right now, I'm on the quest saying I have to defeat eight Scratchers in Knight's Court. This quest is leading up to fighting the boss, Jacque Scratcher. This Jacque Scratcher thing has been going on for a while, and I'm starting to get annoyed. I'd just really like to know what the final quest in Marleybone is, and when to expect.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
I think Marleybone goes on for to long to. I don't know what the last quest is (I'm still doing it to) But I know it has something to do with Big Ben.

But maybe it is long because there are so many side quest. Good luck with Marleybone!

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
marleybone has the least areas that you can go to than any other world to make up for that they have more quests. if you think marleybopne is hard wait till you get to dragonspyre

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
No, not nearly as long as Dragonspire. If you ignore the side quests in MB, you can do it in under a week of play...the same amount of time in DS will get you half way through the main quest line.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
usually people say that ds is the worst world but it not marlybone is this place is so long i just got a new subscription and when i just finished the ironworks of my first world of my subscription marlybone my month was over ugh

Defender
May 29, 2009
Not really that long. I think of it as BOOMS

BOOm Hyde Park
BOOM Chelsea Court
BOOM Ironworks
BOOM Kensington Park
BOOM Newgate prison
BOOM Knight's Court
BOOM Katz lab
BOOM Ct. east & west
BOOM Big Ben
BOOM Mooshu

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
neopot39 wrote:
Not really that long. I think of it as BOOMS

BOOm Hyde Park
BOOM Chelsea Court
BOOM Ironworks
BOOM Kensington Park
BOOM Newgate prison
BOOM Knight's Court
BOOM Katz lab
BOOM Ct. east & west
BOOM Big Ben
BOOM Mooshu
I agree what makes it seem long is the lag and the "go talk to ___ all the way over there" quests.

Also K. Park is optional and to me is not a BOOM more of a Oh gosh to me

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
superstar110 wrote:
marleybone has the least areas that you can go to than any other world to make up for that they have more quests. if you think marleybopne is hard wait till you get to dragonspyre

A friend asked me to port to Dragonspyre last week to help him with a boss. Yikes. It was fun, and I'm excited to get there, but now that I've seen a little of what I'll be up against... I'm happy to take a little time in Krokotopia!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
I thought Krok was long until I got to Marleybone.

Well, actually, the only part of Krok that I felt was REALLY long was the Krokosphinx, because I am an Ice wizard. Ice wizard vs. a whole area full of Ice mobs = lots of long battles, ya know?

Seriously, Marleybone IS long, long enough that I am going to pass on Kensington Park for now just to get on to Mooshu ASAP.

Thank you KI for giving us Grizzleheim, so we can get a change of scenery during these long hauls down the main quest line.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I'll admit Marlybone is lone, it's got a lot to do with all the side quests Like everyone has already said. And the section in Kingston Park where I believer the boss is a friend of mine who is a Grandmaster Necromancer told me that her and 3 other Grandmasters went in and coulden't even beat it easily or at all I can't remember which. So it's hard in that area. I think I'm gonna try to skip over K. Park until I feel I am strong enough. But I can't wait till Mooshu and Dragon Spyer.

Alexandria Dragonhaven
Magus Therigust (level 34)

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Marleybone? LONG? Hah! Marleybone is easy compared to what you're GOING to face in later worlds. Like Dragonspyre. That one took me forever.

Actually, it is proven that Marleybone has the least areas necessary to complete than all the other worlds! It's true!

...I will admit that I had some trouble with Katzenstein's Lab. As long as you can get a good group of friends, though, it shouldn't be a problem. People just kept leaving on me. O.o

I wish you luck. Use your marking a lot. I did Marleybone before the marking option was added, and it was VERY hard. But if you can teleport right back to the person that gave you the quest, it gets easier.

Survivor
May 22, 2008
I've recently completed Marleybone in it's entirety, and honestly it wasn't that bad. I liked the atmosphere, the entire Dog VS Cat thing was great. There were a few grindy quests, but otherwise it was pretty well designed.

Now, if you want to talk about really long and boring worlds..

Moo Shu.

I'm one of those types of people who has to complete every single thing, or I feel like I haven't beaten anything. This place has me stressing out so bad, every other quest is a complete grind.

.. and sometimes they send you back to kill the same monster two or three quests in a row.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
What is the last place to go to in M.B. because ive been in it for a month and grrr its annoying.

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
Hte last quest in Marleybone is to defeat Meowiarty in Big Ben. I got through on my first try. Now i'm on Mushu, which seems to be rather short....... tell me if you need help.

Matthew FireRider
Level 36
Magus Pyromancer