Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions need revamped please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Minions are very unreliable and don't right not a good AI.

For instance I am Myth and my minotaur will load up on 50% and absorbs, but not place a single one on me.

Another issue is they attack things that we slowly prep for huge damage and knock off all the traps.

Is there a way to let the owners control what spells they cast, or the targets?

Or even simpler could we set them up to be defensive or offensive only?

Being the minion class (myth we have the most) I never use mine and thats a lot of spells not being used.

I would love to see them better utilized.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I'm myth too and your right! Sometimes the enemy STILL attacks me after using threat and STILL protect itself! I think we should be able to pick which cards our minions use!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Being Myth with a minotaur minion, I have to agree.

Things made to fix this could be:

Add absorbs to summoner

Make taunt more reliable

Make it attack enemy your not attacking/trapping

Or, at least make minion use cards not of same type traps on monster.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Melissa423771 wrote:
I'm myth too and your right! Sometimes the enemy STILL attacks me after using threat and STILL protect itself! I think we should be able to pick which cards our minions use!

Threat doesn't make your opponent do absolutely nothing, it makes them do less stuff. About the general topic, if you don't like the minotaur, don't use him. My friend battles a lot with his Myth wizard, and he brings out his Troll minion first thing he starts. The minion will eventually hit your opponent with Cyclops, which could make the difference between a victory and a loss.
~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard