Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training your Pets

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Your pet gains experience from playing pet training games in the Pet Pavilion.

You need Energy to play pet training games. The Energy globe is next to your Health and Mana globes. You can also see your Energy by pressing C to look at your character in the Spellbook.

Your Energy governs how often you may train your pet. It returns over time, but if you need more Energy and cannot abide, you may purchase an Energy Elixir from the Crown Shop. If you don't train your pet, it won't grow up, so it's very important to pay attention to your pet and train it as much as you can.

For more information, please see the Update Notes:
<a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/patchnotes" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/patchnotes</a>

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
i think pets should get xp from when we battle it is hard to level them up when they get little xp from the games and require a lot to level up

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
scheletro wrote:
i think pets should get xp from when we battle it is hard to level them up when they get little xp from the games and require a lot to level up

I thought the same thing, but then realized that as you progress in game the food for them gives huge boost, it's not really about playing the games, but feeding them after.

For example, I was doing canon, getting +4 exp, then feeding and getting +6 more.

Pets should not level real fast.

Community Leader
Right pets if they leveled to fast the pet races would be over whelmed with epic pets.
I love the fact that we need to find their favorite foods for example , my pale maiden loves goat cheese which gives her 6 extra points after each game :) food she likes gives 4 extra

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
yes but still it takes to long to level up mabey give more xp in games or like have the xp we get form some quest

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
It doesn't take as long as you might think. In the time the test realm has been opened, I have train 1 pet from teen to adult, 1 from baby to adult, and 2 more from baby to teen. It is just a matter of finding the right food for them and then it goes faster.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
Well i really do agree training pets is hard. I believe that they should level up when we battle because sometimes we don't have time to level up our pets because we want to do missions to level up or to help our friends in time of need. I tried to level up my pet i just stop trying because it took to long. I'm sad because i really wanted the strong cards the pets gave