Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Statistics, Talents and Powers

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Your pet has Statistics.
They are called Strength, Intellect, Agility, Will, and Power. Each statistic will boost its Talents and help it in the Pet Derby.

Here is how your pet’s statistics help you in magic duels:
Strength affects Damage Talents, Power Pip chance Talents, and Resistance Talents.
Intellect affects Mana Talents, accuracy Talents, and Power Pip Talents. Derby.
Agility affects Health Talents, Accuracy Talents, and Resistance Talents.
Will affects Health Talents and Mana Talents.
Power as its name indicates, is very powerful and affects Health Talents, Mana Talents, Accuracy Talents, Damage Talents, Power Pip chance Talents, and Resistance Talents.

Some Talents give your pet a chance to cast a spell to help you in magic duels!

Your Pet has Talents and Powers.
Talents help you in magic duels against monsters and in Player vs Player duels.
Derby Powers help you in the Pet Derby.

Your pet starts off as a Baby with no Talents or Derby Powers. When it becomes a Teen it will get one Talent and one Derby Power. Each level your pet gains will give it one new Talent and one new Derby Power so that every Epic pet will have four Talents and four Derby Powers.

There are ten possible Talents and ten possible Derby Powers for each pet type. Examples of pet types are Imp, Helephant, or Satyr. Each Helephant, for example, has the same ten possible Talents and Derby Powers. What makes each pet unique is that it will only get four Talents or Derby Powers. Two Helephants might have completely different Talents and Derby Powers than each other.

Some Talents and Derby Powers are better than others. They are called Uncommon, Rare, Ultra-Rare, or Epic. An Epic Talent will have four yellow dots to the side of the icon, whereas an Uncommon Talent will only have one.

For more information see the Update Notes:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/patchnotes

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Even with this information, I have absolutly no idea what my pet is doing in battles. For instance, my talents say +20 str + 30 power for an example,. While in battle I get some sparkly thing around me, but what is the real down to earth explanation on what is happening? and by howmuch?

It seems to complicated for a kid to understand, I don't see either of my children figuring it out. Can't it be changed to say what it does, I would rather it give real stats, then these new ones.

Another issue I am seeing on test is my spiders that original gave +mana, +HP? on my pet stats it is showing 3/4 2 mana, and one hp modifier, but the mana is only being applied once.

Gamma wrote:
Your pet has Statistics.
They are called Strength, Intellect, Agility, Will, and Power. Each statistic will boost its Talents and help it in the Pet Derby.

Here is how your pet’s statistics help you in magic duels:
Strength affects Damage Talents, Power Pip chance Talents, and Resistance Talents.
Intellect affects Mana Talents, accuracy Talents, and Power Pip Talents. Derby.
Agility affects Health Talents, Accuracy Talents, and Resistance Talents.
Will affects Health Talents and Mana Talents.
Power as its name indicates, is very powerful and affects Health Talents, Mana Talents, Accuracy Talents, Damage Talents, Power Pip chance Talents, and Resistance Talents.

Some Talents give your pet a chance to cast a spell to help you in magic duels!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
The only difference I can see, is that you've take a power pip % chance from my stormzilla. I'm really unhappy with this.

If my pet has maxed out on everything except agility, I need to know what this actually means for us in duels. We need to be able to see exactly what the pet is contributing in the way of strength, accuracy, power pips, and resistance and to which schools these boosts apply.

Otherwise, just let me keep my 5% power pips and I'll happily play the game without the rest of the very confusing pet stats.

Administrator
Please note the update on the Test Realm launcher:

There is a current issue with certain pets that previously gave players a bonus to health, mana or power pips. While your existing pet may no longer give you these bonuses, know that we are working to fix this issue and your pets will be back to normal next week.

Josh1128Sh wrote:
The only difference I can see, is that you've take a power pip % chance from my stormzilla. I'm really unhappy with this.

If my pet has maxed out on everything except agility, I need to know what this actually means for us in duels. We need to be able to see exactly what the pet is contributing in the way of strength, accuracy, power pips, and resistance and to which schools these boosts apply.

Otherwise, just let me keep my 5% power pips and I'll happily play the game without the rest of the very confusing pet stats.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Sep 18, 2008
I have not been able to figure out how to use your pets in battle. I can't get anything to happen with any pets I have, I even tried an adult! Please help.

Adam PearlGrove
Level 36
Life

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Please eplxain Talents a bit more. Like what does "attentive" mean? What does it do? Or "rugged" and "crafty"? How are these talents suposed to be used? Thanks.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
How do you get your pets to cast spells in battle? I have an adult and it won't cast a thing. IT' REALLY ANNOYING!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
how do you lvl your pet? mine started as ancient and needs 1000 xp to lvl up and i dont feel like spending all that time getting when getting the dance game perfectly is only 3 points. there must be a faster way

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
My response to this is the pet stats system is good but I think that ALL pets should at least get one talent that helps in fights. (ex: my burnzilla pet, it only gives three resist :( but thats being fixed :D so it's ok BUT I think that Spell Proof should be one of its natural talents instead of one of the four it gets, this way it could learn Blade Giver and maybe fire boost my wiz every so often that way it could have a purpose in battle except it's resist. )

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Wizards, no need to cause a riot! Some do help you in battle by casting cards, some give extra cards, some increase stats. My ancient ice colssus pet (Leo) gives around 72 mana, and may cast an ice ward(Shield) If you can stay in the hatchery long enough to look at your pet, the left coloum(bad speller sry) will tell you its in game stats, right its racing stats. Again the casting in battle is RARE and not frequent. I had my Leo examined it said it's shield casting was either RARE or SUPER RARE. Meaning its really uncommon to have your pet be able to do that. Each time it levels up it gains a new talent for each coloum. And I fought foulgaze once while equiped with Leo, and it randomly casted the shield randomly. So the casting is every so often. It may happen more often as it lvl up. Though the hatchery needs to be fixed cause it is buggy for me a lot, always kicked out due to teammate leaving (even if i go in solo)

Community Leader
I have a question : How do I get my stormzilla to epic?
He needs 958 xp but is maxed out on everything but agility which only needs 113. I noticed after your maxed feeding doesn't give you more xp. Does this mean my stormzilla can never be epic?

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
I'm still unimpressed by how my pet "helps" me in a battle .I thought maybe it would help in every round,but I guess if I want a pet like that I just go over to my other MMORPG where my pet always save my neck and where I don't have to play silly little side games to make my pet gain ex

Survivor
Sep 18, 2008
Ohhhhh. Now i get it! you need to have a talent that says cast a spell.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
OK, I maxed out the strenght, etc. on my level 48 pets and still need hundreds of XP to level up to Epic. I'm through with snack cards and mini games as I have better uses of my time and money. Are there any other ways for my pets to gain XP ? Are you planning any additional ways?

Semper Fi,

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I think I have a handle on the situation, but I still need a little clarification myself. Here are my thoughts.

You have a pet that has the potential for 4 TALENTS and 4 DERBY skills. Leveling them from baby to epic will cause these to materialize at each new level. The TALENTS and DERBY skills are random and awarded as you level up your pet playing mini games and feeding them treats.

Here is the tricky part MINI GAMES and TREATS:
You have various traits for each pet such as AGILITY, WILL, STRENGTH, etc. These traits allow your pet to level up BUT only until maximums are reached for these various traits. So let us say that your pet has maximum AGILITY. You will want to play games and feed your pet treats that work on traits other than AGILITY, such as STRENGTH, WILL, etc. A treat will give you an extra point if your pet LIKES or LOVES the treat. You can only give your pet a treat after playing a mini game.

Some of us in the test are seeing our pets reach those maximums for these traits and finding that treats and mini games are not leveling up our pets faster than 1 or 2 points per mini game. It is hard to test the whole category of Epic when we are unable to level our pets to Epic without playing a TON of mini games. I have faith that Kings Isle will address and fix this problem before it goes live.

My biggest questions revolve around pedigree and what this number means to a user. How does pedigree determine TRAITS and TALENTS. Will a lower pedigree result in lower TRAITS and TALENTS? If lower pedigree means lower TRAITS and TALENTS I have a real proglem with this random number and its potential for creating elistist groups within the game. I can hear the complaints now "I have been playing for longer than my friend and they have a better pedigree? This is not fair. " I have taught for years and know kids, they need fairness in a game, life deals them enough unfairness. BUT again, I have faith that Kings Isle will address these issues before it goes live.