Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

whats a good strategy for a storm wiz in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
i need help wit my storm wiz. he at lvl 50 but it is so hard to become a warlord with him cann someone plz tell me a strategy to win in pvp wit my storm wiz.

Historian
May 15, 2009
the ultimate strategy is one most unknown yet is most common
most level 50's try getting to 6-7 pips cards and using them after 3-4 turns into the match and are already being cut down by lowers who use wild bolt and such
the ultimate stratergy is to use mid level spells to disorient your opponent
say your opponent is a level 20 fire warlord who bolts a lot
first turn u go first u got 23 power pips
BAM hit him with kraken your boosts should almost cancel out with his resist
he hits you with a wild bolt
2nd turn you use a storm shield while he passes
3rd turn a 2nd power pip use a stormb lade on yourself
he casts wild bolt but does minimal damage thanks to shield
4th turn u get a 3rd power pip
use triton it will hit between 700-900 depending on his def and ur att
5th turn u get a wild botl of your own and ther power pip to use it
he uses fairy and you use wild bolt ( it hits!) you win! now this is only ONE strategy but it works for me i am lvl 50 storm as well and i dont spend 4-5 turns passing for pips i attack if i am in a battle with one of those waiters i will save up power pips
when i get all 7 powers
i unleash holy lightning upon them by casting kraken triton them kraken again whic will drop kick their health badly

Delver
May 31, 2009
there are 2 main ways to move up;
1) 1v1 shield heavily, use double attacks-weak one to remove their shields followed by the real attack, traps can be counter-productive
2) team fights; find lifers or people like balance and death who shield heavily and have the ability to do large heals with their school spells. you are the big hammer and they force the other team to use other shields speading themselves thin.

if you can practice with your friends on how you fight as a team.
4v4 go fight juton if you have the levels
3v3 2v2 tomb of the beguiler
1v1 there are plenty of bosses to fight at each level storm bosses are harder so practice with them do the hard ones and do them solo
the ultimate practice area for level 40+ is kessington park your up against storm to begin with and they use bats, sharks, krakens, cyclops forcing you to shield heavily and work together.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Delver
May 31, 2009
fine if you have tried the above and still need i explained to you in more detail then do the following put up darkwind, then blades, then when you have full pips stormlord followed by tempest/ in between shield heavily alsoshort stack your deck; one of each card you intend to use so you do not have to wait forever and a reshuffle card

I meant what I said find your friends and practice working together,it is your best hope

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
doom288 wrote:
i need help wit my storm wiz. he at lvl 50 but it is so hard to become a warlord with him cann someone plz tell me a strategy to win in pvp wit my storm wiz.

Find a good Life wizard friend and do 2v2. While he heals you constantly, you save up for two Storm Lords (need very high power pip chance) followed by a Storm Shark or Lightning Bats.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
well if your lvl 50 like you said then you probobaly have the storm minion. Well a good strategy that works for me is i summon my minion(and summon again when he dies) and then i focus on protecting/healing myself.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Thx guys for the help but i found a really good strategy for me to get to warlord. I team up with my myth friend and we have'nt lost a lot of battles we only lost like two so far. This is the best strategy because the myth used earthquake and i storm lord which does a good amount of damage. I also let my friend make the match cause he need to go first in order for us to win. I think we will get to warlord in no time.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
most level 50's try getting to 6-7 pips cards and using them after 3-4 turns into the match and are already being cut down by lowers who use wild bolt and such
he uses fairy and you use wild bolt ( it hits!) you win! now this is only ONE strategy but it works for me i am lvl 50 storm as well and i dont spend 4-5 turns passing for pips i attack if i am in a battle with one of those waiters i will save up power pips
when i get all 7 powers
i unleash holy lightning upon them by casting kraken triton them kraken again whic will drop kick their health badly

Thats ridiculous your playing the whole match on nothing but luck. Oh you get a triton so hit early on. Oh you get wild bolted so you get hit. Oh you storm shield while he passes. Oh you use triton after having a CHANCE of getting a power pip not a definite power pip but it should be a chance. You hit with triton and then he bolts you. Now you get a wild bolt. I'm sorry but first of the chances of getting a wild bolt arent very high unless you stack your deck in sucha way that makes you look like a chain bolter. And on top of that the chances that the wild bolt will actually hit? This is a terrible strategy.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
77296 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
when i get all 7 powers

Thats ridiculous your playing the whole match on nothing but luck. Oh you get a triton so hit early on. Oh you get wild bolted so you get hit. Oh you storm shield while he passes. Oh you use triton after having a CHANCE of getting a power pip not a definite power pip but it should be a chance. You hit with triton and then he bolts you. Now you get a wild bolt. I'm sorry but first of the chances of getting a wild bolt arent very high unless you stack your deck in sucha way that makes you look like a chain bolter. And on top of that the chances that the wild bolt will actually hit? This is a terrible strategy.

It is also impossible to get 23 power pips, especially in the first turn! Besides, your opponent won't bolt you when you have a Storm Shield up! I agree with 77296.