Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idk if this counts as lag but...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Well i really don't know if this is such a huge problem that I can't play the game but Whenever I am in big cities with alot of people or crowded areas...even streets, I get tremendous lag to which I can barley move my camera angle. I have reduced the graphic settings and my resolution, I have tried to turn names off and that didn't help. I was reading around and I found out that the Quest Helper Arrow was causing some people lag so I was going to go try that but I just wanted to post this to see if anyone was experiencing the same problems as me and or help other people. Thank you so much in advance I will really appreciate any answer you can give me to the solution. Oh and also, when i'm at my House (In-Game) or near the entrance of tunnels the lag seems to disapeer. As soon as I step out onto the street or out of my house I get the lag back. Thanks once again!

Edit: I tried turning the Quest Arrow off and that really didn't help. I am assuming that this problem is due to the population and crowded areas because when I am on a non populated realm it lags less. Still, is there anything else that can help me lag less in populated areas? I know switching to a different realm while playing would help but I really enjoy teamwork and helping other players out. Thanks!

Hero
May 27, 2009
I would check to see if your graphics drivers are up to date, and if you have sufficient resources to run the game. Close any other running applications that you can to free up memory, etc.

Good luck!

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
I can't speak for the game developers, but I don't think that is a bug.

When I begin experiencing lag, I just change realms, from a crowded to one on the bottom of the list (my list tends to sort by population, so that the full and crowded are on top, and the Perfect ones are on the bottom, unsure if everyone elses does this). That usually takes away the lag for me.

Alternatively, when I'm working on a task that requires me to fight monsters that I'm having trouble with, I'll go to a Crowded realm, knowing I'll experience some lag, but also will have some help on the monsters or areas I need.