Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Message from Ambrose leads to nothing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
On more than one character I have gotten a message from Merle Ambrose (always when I level up to a new rank e.g. 30 or 40) to come see him about something urgent. When I visit him he has neither a quest nor anything to say other than to keep working towards getting to Malistaire...

Is this a bug? Is he toying with me? If he just wanted to talk I would be more than happy to, seeing as how he is stuck in that little room surrounded by new wizards all the time...

Administrator
Yes it is a bug, young Wizard, and it's explained on the link at the top of the message boards.

Merle Summoning Players without Reason: Sometimes Merle likes to check in with his students, however we've noticed lately that he's been calling on our young Wizards every time they gain a new level. Don't worry, he may not always have a quest for you, however it's a good reminder to visit him, as well as your Professors, on a regular basis. (Note: you may also see similar messages from Simon in Ravenwood, who is ready to introduce you to housing.)

community@wizard101.com
Delver
May 31, 2009
it may be a bug but it may also be that you have not done the last thing you were asked to do. for example if you were sent to gh but have not done the section you were sent to do he won`t give you the next quest until you do