Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Attacks hitting wrong damage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Recently, in mooshu, I was fighting a myth pig. I used feint (70%), curse (30%), and balanceblade (25%). This totals to 125%. The pig then used storm shield (80%). So subtract 80% from 125% = 45% bonus.

He had 675 health when I used spectral blast. Normally, because of my balance fighting, it hits 621. With 45% that should be easy kill.

But my attack only hit 495? Also, I got boost from myth on storm.

Me: Don't be critical inform! Thanks guys :)

Historian
May 15, 2009
limesrwk wrote:
Recently, in mooshu, I was fighting a myth pig. I used feint (70%), curse (30%), and balanceblade (25%). This totals to 125%. The pig then used storm shield (80%). So subtract 80% from 125% = 45% bonus.

He had 675 health when I used spectral blast. Normally, because of my balance fighting, it hits 621. With 45% that should be easy kill.

But my attack only hit 495? Also, I got boost from myth on storm.

Me: Don't be critical inform! Thanks guys :)

no the damage is correct
when you use bonus damage like say u used triton with feint and sotrm charm
it would have done 2152 on a myth monster
they used storm shield (80%)
this would cut out 80% of the damage done INCLUDING the extra from the weakness to that card
so 80% of 2152 would be around 500-600

Hero
May 27, 2009
The problem is you are adding the boosts instead of using them in sequence. First, the blade would increase the attack, then, the curse would increase the bladed amount, and the feint would increase the cursed bladed amount, THEN, the shield would reduce all of that by it's 80% protection. If you run your numbers with that in mind, you will see where you went wrong.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
The problem is you are adding the boosts instead of using them in sequence. First, the blade would increase the attack, then, the curse would increase the bladed amount, and the feint would increase the cursed bladed amount, THEN, the shield would reduce all of that by it's 80% protection. If you run your numbers with that in mind, you will see where you went wrong.

ohhh, thanks fellas!