Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Harrassment issue...at the end of my rope...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I've been playing 101 a little over a month and started playing because I wanted to know what my kids were going to be exposed to online. I have found 101 to be a fun relatively safe game but there are some that take this overboard. I friended someone and in the course of RPG's we became what you could loosely call a 'couple'. This however faded as does happen and now I'm being followed via porting which this person is now removed from my list to prevent and by 'friends' that this person follows to get to me. I have asked several of them not to help get this person to me and they have even removed them to prevent being constantly asked to port to me. I have now had this person threaten me with the fact he owns this game and will have mine and my kid's accounts banned. I, of course, do not believe any of this but it bothers me that some kids may fall for it. Isn't impersonating a KI employee or in this case lolowner against TOS? I've been playing mmorpg's for years and have heard everything to come down the pike. I thought 101 would be relatively free of this behaviour but sadly yes it does exist.

I apologize for the wall of text but I'm wondering what, if anything, is left for me to cease this harrassment?

I've removed said person from my friend list and other so called friends they use and every other identity they have created to follow me about game or try to chat with me through. What else is there?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
itrenorie wrote:
I have now had this person threaten me with the fact he owns this game and will have mine and my kid's accounts banned. I, of course, do not believe any of this but it bothers me that some kids may fall for it. Isn't impersonating a KI employee or in this case lolowner against TOS? I've been playing mmorpg's for years and have heard everything to come down the pike. I thought 101 would be relatively free of this behaviour but sadly yes it does exist.

Sadly, any time you have a couple of million people meeting somewhere, you're going to have a contingency of trolls griefing it up for everybody else. I think KI does what it can, but for good or ill it can't change the fact that everybody who signs up for the game is a human being.

I apologize for the wall of text but I'm wondering what, if anything, is left for me to cease this harrassment?
Have you reported them? In-game harassment is a banable offence; it says so right in the Help FAQ. Following you around and making your game life miserable is pure harassment; claiming to be the owner of KI and threatening to use that position to boot you from the game is fraud, extortion, AND harassment.

And if it IS you bothering this lady, Elie Akilian or J Todd Coleman, please stop it. I mean, what would yer wife and kids think?! :P

I've removed said person from my friend list and other so called friends they use and every other identity they have created to follow me about game or try to chat with me through. What else is there?
Use the REPORT button, Luke.

The report button wants you to use it. It is your friend.

Historian
May 15, 2009
itrenorie wrote:
I've been playing 101 a little over a month and started playing because I wanted to know what my kids were going to be exposed to online. I have found 101 to be a fun relatively safe game but there are some that take this overboard. I friended someone and in the course of RPG's we became what you could loosely call a 'couple'. This however faded as does happen and now I'm being followed via porting which this person is now removed from my list to prevent and by 'friends' that this person follows to get to me. I have asked several of them not to help get this person to me and they have even removed them to prevent being constantly asked to port to me. I have now had this person threaten me with the fact he owns this game and will have mine and my kid's accounts banned. I, of course, do not believe any of this but it bothers me that some kids may fall for it. Isn't impersonating a KI employee or in this case lolowner against TOS? I've been playing mmorpg's for years and have heard everything to come down the pike. I thought 101 would be relatively free of this behaviour but sadly yes it does exist.

the answer is YES if they say they are a member of the company or own the company and have no badge as proof or refuses to show it you have a right to report them for employee impersonation

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Also if they show up, click on their person and click the ignore button.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Thank you and I realize drama exists no matter how far you try to run from it lol. I didn't report readily because "rude behaviour" is just that and easily remedied by removing friend but this has gone one step beyond merely rude.

Again I thank you for your thoughts and yes I shall use the report and ignore functions. The force is strong with this one :P

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
itrenorie wrote:

yes i think he is right

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
I highly doubt you are an adult as the subtlety of this message is very irrelevant. I dont understand how someone can stalk you if they are not on your friend list. Hacking would need to be a factor. Calm yourself and realize it is a game and there are over 1 million players. Not everyone is "nice".

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Rokk wrote:
Also if they show up, click on their person and click the ignore button.

I don't like the ignore bottom because people will still say bad things, so reporting someone is better.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
nlhf1995 wrote:
I highly doubt you are an adult as the subtlety of this message is very irrelevant. I dont understand how someone can stalk you if they are not on your friend list. Hacking would need to be a factor. Calm yourself and realize it is a game and there are over 1 million players. Not everyone is "nice".

Not sure where you base your assumptions but I did not post the question to get into an argument. I am quite an adult hence the not mentioning names an starting a huge todo. That said had you read the text I did say I had removed them and they used other means.

I realize not everyone is "nice". I merely posted asking a question and to find a solution.

Again I thank those of you that offered your opinions.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
itrenorie wrote:

I know howyou feel my wife had the same thing happen to her buy a group of ppl the would go realm hoping looking for her or see her in PvP and port in to watch the match and start calling her every name they could think of and we keeped reporting them an nothing,then we sent E-mails to KI and to todd,todd stepped in and put a stop to it right away,at least 2 of them got banned the rest got muted for some time,so try what we did it may help you with problem.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Well, they only way to tell if they work for Kings Isle is if they have a badge. I'm not sure what it says, but it has one. So therefore if you see him again, report him for impersonating an employee.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The "I own KingsIsle bit makes it sound this is a kid, probably a very immature teenager.

Without going into great detail, the best way to handle trolls is to report them if they're breaking the rules, then put them on ignore. As each clone shows up, report the name with an explanantion such as "clone of person stalking me", and then put the name on ignore. Don't play games with them, don't make a smart remark before using ignore. If they figure out they're talking to a wall, they'll either move on to a more responsive target, or become so obsessed that KingsIsle will get involved.

The KingsIsle techs have ways of telling if a person is using multiple accounts, even if that person switches IP addresses and has multiple computers. If a person is being troublesome enough, they will do something about it.

Finally, if this piece of trash finds out who you are in real life and communicates with you that way, contact the police immediately. Don't fool around with it.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
nlhf1995 wrote:

ahem your wrong if you delete a friend who has openchat they can still text you yes i have open chat whitch is a.k.a for adult chat