Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Obsidian chest quest. Most annoying quest?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
The obsidian chest quest is really annoying. It is easy in the beginning, when you have to get the ones in wizard city, but when you have to go into marleybone to get them, it gets really annoying. When you get to mooshu and dragonspyre, it just gets hard :(. The dragonspyre one sends you back into the labyrinth ! Tell me if you agree or not.

Devin Dragonflame, Master Fire Wizard.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
wizardmaster369 wrote:
The obsidian chest quest is really annoying. It is easy in the beginning, when you have to get the ones in wizard city, but when you have to go into marleybone to get them, it gets really annoying. When you get to mooshu and dragonspyre, it just gets hard :(. The dragonspyre one sends you back into the labyrinth ! Tell me if you agree or not.

Oh yeah I agree though the Labyrinth is annoying I have had to do it like ten times!!! Anyway the Obsidian Chest quest took me about a week with the help of a Mooshu friend...

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
wizardmaster369 wrote:

I actually enjoy the quest...up through Moo Shu you are overpowering in your battles and you get the chance to redo the labyrinth for the drops (and experience).

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
The very first time I did the obsidian chest quest with my first grandmaster, I found it annoying because I couldn't get in to the building in Mooshu's Ancient Burial Ground to get it, and had to backtrack through a whole series of side quests to get it. After that experience, however, I know enough to make sure I am able to get into all of the buildings to be able to get all of the chests.

The two chests in MB and the one located in the Cave of Solitude in MS you don't even have to fight for, you can just sneak around the monsters to the chest. The ones in KT and WC are a piece of cake. The only one that really is at all challenging is the one in the Labyrinth.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
i so agree with you! i hate those quests too! another one i really hate is the books. ugh those quests drive me nuts!

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Guys, even though this may seem hard and annoying to you, it's actually helping you more than harming you! By going through the extra quests in mooshu you get a lot of exp. By going through the labyrinth, you can have a chance to get one of the drops from the boss on accident. (meaning you didn't know they dropped an item like that) Plus, you don't have to repeat the entire labyrint, just the first few bosses!

I sort of like the labyrinth, don't know about you.

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhaven
Master of Storm and Ice

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
It can be easier. if you look on your map it will show you what boss has it. but the LABYRINTH? ugh! thats so annoying! i had to do it 4 times and the chest is on the last boss! :P

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
K, for the people it took a week to do witha friend, no offece, but in my opinion that is kind of sad. I did the whole quest in about twenty muinets, (i know) exept for ancient burial grounds one.