Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Once again myth dies

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Myth could not stand up to the tomb of the Beguilder in well of spirits in Kroctopia. At lavel 35 i changed his crown clothes to Myth hoping it would improve his preformance. At first there seemed to be a slight improvement, but when it came down to really getting down and dirty in the fight, he could not stand up.
So far from Wizard city to Marleybone Myth has continued to show weakness and inability to fight, His spells will not kill and leaves the opponents open to kill him. Pips do not come fast enough for healing and fighting so he has to choose which to do and most all the time when he heals he only gets knocked back down, so the pips were a waste to heal. If he doesnt heal then the Graveyard waits him and he is well aquainted with that place.
This is my second Myth and i have tried many things with Myth, from Crown clothes to the Myth clothes, Nothing helps him because the root problem is weak spells. I have posted several times on the board about my experience with Myth. I fear as Grandmaster he will be the weakest Grandmaster of all wizards. Thus I will not keep him. I only went to Myth to see if i had perhaps misjudged him the first time around, but I am finding that I didnt. He is just plain weak and useless in the game.
Now for those out there that may tell me different, I have played Wizard 101 for over a year now, I have all Grandmasters in my account. I have Many playing hours and know this game and the way the traps and converts and Blades work, so yes I am playing Myth correctly.
When I go into a player Verses Player if I ever do, I will want to fight Myth, as i know how easy they are to kill. Game managers, You need to Improve myth or remove it because it will give new players a bad taste in their mouth and they may leave the game. I know if I had played Myth as my first wizard I would probably not stayed thinking all of them were bad.
I am not griping, I am giving you playing experinces from a player that has been here for a time.Believe me I am looking at Myth from all points of view and I can see no way to improve it.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I had a compelety different experience with myth, but I had to struggle with my storm wiz. My guess is that it comes down to playing style and character school. I loved the zero pip minion who would go out and attract the attention until I readied myself for the one kill...tossing out another 0-pipper until I could destroy. That is my style...storm just didn't interest me for the same reason.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
Myth could not stand up to the tomb of the Beguilder in well of spirits in Kroctopia. At lavel 35 i changed his crown clothes to Myth hoping it would improve his preformance. At first there seemed to be a slight improvement, but when it came down to really getting down and dirty in the fight, he could not stand up.
So far from Wizard city to Marleybone Myth has continued to show weakness and inability to fight, His spells will not kill and leaves the opponents open to kill him. Pips do not come fast enough for healing and fighting so he has to choose which to do and most all the time when he heals he only gets knocked back down, so the pips were a waste to heal. If he doesnt heal then the Graveyard waits him and he is well aquainted with that place.
This is my second Myth and i have tried many things with Myth, from Crown clothes to the Myth clothes, Nothing helps him because the root problem is weak spells. I have posted several times on the board about my experience with Myth. I fear as Grandmaster he will be the weakest Grandmaster of all wizards. Thus I will not keep him. I only went to Myth to see if i had perhaps misjudged him the first time around, but I am finding that I didnt. He is just plain weak and useless in the game.
Now for those out there that may tell me different, I have played Wizard 101 for over a year now, I have all Grandmasters in my account. I have Many playing hours and know this game and the way the traps and converts and Blades work, so yes I am playing Myth correctly.
When I go into a player Verses Player if I ever do, I will want to fight Myth, as i know how easy they are to kill. Game managers, You need to Improve myth or remove it because it will give new players a bad taste in their mouth and they may leave the game. I know if I had played Myth as my first wizard I would probably not stayed thinking all of them were bad.
I am not griping, I am giving you playing experinces from a player that has been here for a time.Believe me I am looking at Myth from all points of view and I can see no way to improve it.
Man... are you just gonna complain and bash myth every time you are not good enough to fight someone?

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
My myth character was awesome...I don't see how your myth character is bad. Maybe your myth character has bad armor or you have too much of one card in a deck.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
SON OF A HAMSTER, you're crazy! Myth is one of the MOST powerful schools. I personally love myth - everything about it! Although my myth character is only lvl 8 , myth is da bomb!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:

Try to use your minions!

Those lil' fellas are great....

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Let me tell you something myth is probaley not your best school considering i read your other message about myth but just leave myth alone if you dont like it then dont use it and stop bashing on myth, in my opinion myth is a great school you just have to know how to use your cards right and myth is more about strategy than power or defense so if you dont like it dont use a myth wizard simple as that and myth is great at pvps by the way my myth friend is a warlord in pvp and from wizard city to the end of mooshu i was able to solo most of the quests without any help at all.

Hunter Nightblade grandmaster diviner
Angel Dragongem master of myth

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
I have to agree with every one else here. You are probably not able to use Myth to it's full potential, and therefore may not be for you. Not all schools are meant for every one. I, myself, have had one of everything, except ice and balance. I have gotten a life, storm, myth, fire and death all to grandmaster. I have never tried ice. Balance I have tried many many times but can't get them out of Wizard City before I get bored with them. Everyone has different styles of play. Some are able to adapt to the different styles of play required by different schools, others may need to find one or two schools they are best suited for and stick with that.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
SON OF A HAMSTER, you're crazy! Myth is one of the MOST powerful schools. I personally love myth - everything about it! Although my myth character is only lvl 8 , myth is da bomb!

My friend hates myth just because she and I are storm and it is the opposite... But personally I think myth is my second favorite school life may be 2nd not sure but it is awesome anyway. Just because one little thing goes wrong doesn't mean you get to complain!!!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

My friend hates myth just because she and I are storm and it is the opposite... But personally I think myth is my second favorite school life may be 2nd not sure but it is awesome anyway. Just because one little thing goes wrong doesn't mean you get to complain!!!

Your friend is crazy. (no offence to you or your friend)

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
Aww you gotta be kidding me! Myth has minions and lemme guess you don't use them? The minions are a BIG part of the school of myth. That is why myth was created do you UNDERSTAND? That is the speciality of myth. x sigh x You gotta try the minions for once....
Lucas Drakebloom
Level 36
ice wizard
Mastermind

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
Captainrex828 wrote:
Aww you gotta be kidding me! Myth has minions and lemme guess you don't use them? The minions are a BIG part of the school of myth. That is why myth was created do you UNDERSTAND? That is the speciality of myth. x sigh x You gotta try the minions for once....
Lucas Drakebloom
Level 36
ice wizard
Mastermind

Very well said! And seirosly, give myth a break or else Professer Drake's gonna git ya!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Heh. When Cyrus Drake tries to expel you at one point, it will be because of this Myth hatred. I love myth. Even though I am Fire and storm.

Defender
May 24, 2009
this is the last time i want to post this.Myth is the third strongest attack school

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
Yes Myth isn't the best and has a crabby teacher but here are some strategies - hey, Myth isn't all bad. Use your 0 pip golem minion and get ( when you are lvl 25 ) the spell that kills your minion and gives you pips from the frog in the pub in digmoore station, you will have to use one Training point but hey, its worth it. I forget the name but it's a storm spell and kills minion for four pips, anyway this can come in handy for healing when you need pips like you said and you can use minotaur minion ( LVL 38 ) to attract your opponent to the minotaur and go for the kill. You may think you have Myth all down and thats its really bad but you just don't play it right - use your minions! And orthrus can be a really big help sometimes ( and humongofrog :) I swept Krok with that spell easily ) Oh, and buy tough cards from the WC library if you haven't. I buy them and use them on most of my attacks to increase Myth power. Plus, I have beaten 6 Deaths in the arena with shields and killed them while they were getting traps to kill ME. :) just remember to keep your traps in handy in pvp, death is actually easy to beat since they spend all there time using traps for the kill :D. Use these strategies and you WILL have a better time on Myth - Arlen Dawneyes Grandmaster Myth.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
comicfan97 wrote:
Yes Myth isn't the best and has a crabby teacher but here are some strategies - hey, Myth isn't all bad. Use your 0 pip golem minion and get ( when you are lvl 25 ) the spell that kills your minion and gives you pips from the frog in the pub in digmoore station, you will have to use one Training point but hey, its worth it. I forget the name but it's a storm spell and kills minion for four pips, anyway this can come in handy for healing when you need pips like you said and you can use minotaur minion ( LVL 38 ) to attract your opponent to the minotaur and go for the kill. You may think you have Myth all down and thats its really bad but you just don't play it right - use your minions! And orthrus can be a really big help sometimes ( and humongofrog :) I swept Krok with that spell easily ) Oh, and buy tough cards from the WC library if you haven't. I buy them and use them on most of my attacks to increase Myth power. Plus, I have beaten 6 Deaths in the arena with shields and killed them while they were getting traps to kill ME. :) just remember to keep your traps in handy in pvp, death is actually easy to beat since they spend all there time using traps for the kill :D. Use these strategies and you WILL have a better time on Myth - Arlen Dawneyes Grandmaster Myth.
Probably Sap Power. Does that sound right?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
now i'm a grandmaster myth wizard and let me tell you that i love being myth and its is a really good idea to use those minions. they well help you a lot though the game. now i have beaten many big time bosses by myself. if you no how to play your cards right then you have no problem playing with your myth wizard. if you are at level 35 i think you can use the frog card so let give you some hints to help you win with your myth player. you should first get your minion out. then if you have time of legend use it because it can help you. put a lot of traps on the guys. also its good idea to have a side cards when you are using myth i like to use the storm cards but thats up to you and its also good to always some healing. and make sure you are useing a different wand then the myth wand because the blades and the traps that you use with the same wand well really mess up the game. also maybe you are not having very much luck with the pip thing but i always get a lot of power pips. and if you really dont like myth that much you should try a different school.

~rebecca unicornblossom: grandmaster myth wizard~

Survivor
May 01, 2010
If you want to use finesse, strategic deck building and lots of time to win battles, Myth is a great school.

However, if you want to deal massive amounts of damage in a relatively short amount of time, choose Fire or Storm.

It's all a matter of playing style. I have a Myth wizard, and I can't stand playing her. After using my Elemental wizards, Myth just seems like a waste of time. It takes twice as long to kill stuff. Even my Death wizard is a more efficient killer than my Myth wizard. Generally speaking, minions do not cast very good spells, and are not worth the pips.

My apologies in advance to die-hard Myth school fans, but I find this school to be tedious, boring and (worst of all), underpowered.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I think in honesty, that people who play myth ( like myself) consider the challenge to be worth the effort. Yes, at times it was so teadious I had to step away from the computer and take a day or two to just calm down and focus on what I was doing wrong. Yeska Spiderkeeper was a and still is a tough boss even at Grandmaster as a myth, but I am slowly learning these tactics that people speak of. I think I hear the fustrations on both ends, however let us make a few things clear...

Kids who are playing this game and get bored easily... or have ADHD might not like myth as it requires careful attention as one other wizard pointed out, but for those of us like me who are an adult settled in and play the game with my spouse it is more of a relaxing class, sure I tried Life up to 49 and other schools up to 48 or so and got bored... I think despite the adittude that drake percieves the class overall is more about the legends of the past and bringing the past back to help us achieve the future.

Myths are group reliant to a point, but I am sure there are tons of myth wizards who would disagree with that but again as they said its all about stratergy, just like briskbreeze tower, its not for the feint of heart. I think what we must take from myth is a understanding that what ever the reason why you play or dont play... it is your choice... We must respect eachother and understand we cant control others... nor do we want to... Its time we allow myth its credit and just enjoy the game and not squabble over minor roles in which might cause friction between all of us... we are all players in this game and enjoy it for what it brings us whether or not you do well in PVP or Pet Derbys are trivial.... If all you look for is to be the best.. then nothing will ever be enough...

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
I am not griping, I am giving you playing experiences from a player that has been here for a time.Believe me I am looking at Myth from all points of view and I can see no way to improve it.
dude myth is awesome cooler than fire almost so leave myth alone use your minions they can help alot so leave myth alone

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
level 25 myth and ice level 27 stop bashing myth everytime you die use pixie have friends to port to you but leave them alone they are the bst

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
OH MY GOD U CANT BE SERIOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MYTH IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!
it just isnt the school 4 u.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Well dude I have one thing to say to you. Every person is made for a school, they are good at it and they like it. You are not made for myth, so make a new wizard, with a new school, and STOP DISSING MYTH!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:

Different people use their Wizards in a different way. I use mine to take it down as quickly as I can. Other Wizards might use strategy by using as much shields, blades, and traps and take down the enemies in one hit. Most Wizards do this in Dragonspyre, and in the end of Moo Shu, so think about your moves, maybe reset your deck, and try. What I do with my myth guys is attack, heal, attack, heal. This strategy I use is very helpful. I made him sometime in may, and stopped using him on that day because I was too busy with my balance guy (lvl 38 Reed Spiritbringer). My myth guys ended up on lvl 7 at the end of the day, and I had 2 hours. Know your strategy before you use it, and you will definatly win the battle! Happy fighting! I hope your happy, and I hope you change your mind about myth being very unhelpful!

Survivor
May 25, 2009
You know, this topic makes me want to start a Myth character foor the "challenge". Thanks!