Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Once again myth dies

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I think people should stop giving him too hard of a time. I agree with him in that I don't like myth, but it really is just personal preference, and the way you play. I have tried all of the schools so far, and the only ones I have stuck with through grand master, without finding they aren't right for me, are storm and balance. Storm is my favorite school by far simply because it allows me to defeat my enemies quickly enough that I do not have to pay too much attention to my health. Balance I enjoy whenever I want to be able to do a little bit of everything.
Myth however I can't get myself to stick with because using my minions to draw the enemies attention, and then using a mixture of spells to both keep the enemies attention off me while trapping, blading, and going in for the final blow. It simply all takes too long for me and I find myself losing focus on the game and my mind wandering, where as many people I know absolutely love myth. As long as they know what they are doing, they run around soloing a good part of the game.
So although I do agree as far as not enjoying myth, simply saying it is a bad school is not allowing yourself to see Myth's potential under the right circumstances.

And a little off topic,
aviator2
You know, this topic makes me want to start a Myth character foor the "challenge". Thanks!

Funniest post I have heard in awhile. :P

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
gamer20609 wrote:
I think people should stop giving him too hard of a time. I agree with him in that I don't like myth, but it really is just personal preference, and the way you play. I have tried all of the schools so far, and the only ones I have stuck with through grand master, without finding they aren't right for me, are storm and balance. Storm is my favorite school by far simply because it allows me to defeat my enemies quickly enough that I do not have to pay too much attention to my health. Balance I enjoy whenever I want to be able to do a little bit of everything.
Myth however I can't get myself to stick with because using my minions to draw the enemies attention, and then using a mixture of spells to both keep the enemies attention off me while trapping, blading, and going in for the final blow. It simply all takes too long for me and I find myself losing focus on the game and my mind wandering, where as many people I know absolutely love myth. As long as they know what they are doing, they run around soloing a good part of the game.
So although I do agree as far as not enjoying myth, simply saying it is a bad school is not allowing yourself to see Myth's potential under the right circumstances.

And a little off topic,
aviator2
You know, this topic makes me want to start a Myth character foor the "challenge". Thanks!

Funniest post I have heard in awhile. :P

We are giving him a hard time because he has posted like 6 other posts about how bad Myth is. And Myth is fun.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
BE QUIET. Myth is the best type ever. Summoning minions is great. They are amazing. They can do so many things- my health is low- No problem! My minion will heal me. I need more pips- My minion can give pips to me. I am losing- My minion comes out and does more damage than you can imagine. We can also get rid of shields. There is no stopping myth. You can spend as many turns as you want putting shields on yourself and we can make all those turns go to waste by using Earthquake. There is nothing bad about Myth. Ice has low attack, Storm has low health AND accuracy, Etc. You really hurt my feelings by posting that mean message.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP PICKING ON MYTH AND LOOK AT YOUR OWN SCHOOL BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE! gosh i have seen about 15 bad posts about myth. myth is NOT weak myth is in fact good at pvp and for soloing IDK WHY you guys are not winning with myth but just change to a dif school and stop complaining cause you dont know how to play your own school.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Myth is not weak. If you myth as a secondary school, than you might have some trouble. when your a grandmaster, Orthrus can cause a lot more damage than other schools level 48 spells. I don't know many wizards who have soled Malistair. Also, if you come across a battle with one, and you put up allot of shields, watch out for our earthquake.

To all home myth wizards level 33+--
when using minotaur or orthrus, you need two myth traps, right? The answer is no, you don't. If you play a convert and a myth trap, you might get lucky. If the 50 converts to storm before the trap activates, it will be saved for the 445, 520, 650, 755 damage. Good way to save you traps.

P. S. This does not always work. If it fails, don't get mad

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
Seriously Darkblood1 We don't need a status update every time your wizard is defeated. So far I've seen four posts by you about this, Myth the Weak, Myth Weakness, Myth is Weak and this one If you hate myth so much, why do you still have your myth wizard? Why do you keep right on doing this? If you think that KingsIsle will delete myth because of one person's whining, then I am sure you are wrong! Sure, I don't work for KI but I've only seen about three people complaining about myth and that is a huge minority.

Alex Dragonbreaker GM Storm

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I've played Myth so much I find it hard to play any of the other schools. I feel alone and weak without that 0 pip minion to call up. With other schools, battles are just a race to see who can power up and cast without fizing first.

There are some bosses I'm just now sure how I would have beat them solo (at the level I was in Myth back then) if I had been in some other class. Myth is the only school to go if you mostly like fighting solo.

Keys to Myth:
1. Golem Minion (zero pips!)- so many players watch me bring him out and laugh or complain, but I'm lvl 50 grandmaster now and he's STILL the best minion in the game. Think of it this way: If you could cast a spell that drained one opponent for 80 (average) life points per round for the entire battle and that spell cost zero pips to cast - wouldn't you think that was one of the best spells in the game? That's the Golem Minion! Every single round he attacks and always the same target until it dies, and if the enemy does attack him back, you're spared that blast and just bring up another one for zero pips!

I beat one of the tougher Ravenscar bosses solo (8k main boss, 1k each of his 3 henchmen) because by the time I got done with the henchmen, my Golem took off almost 1k of damage from the boss. The boss finally attacked him, saving me from a Stormzilla that would have ended the fight. Then I brought out another Golem and spend the next 8 rounds healing. I never would have survived at that level in some other school. I would have need much higher level attack spells or some other wizard to help.

Some specific tips on using the Golem:
- at lower levels get him out early and often.
- use him to work down henchmen (lower point enemies next to the main boss). He won't kill the henchman, but will weaken them so that one of your lower attacks or non-buffed attacks can take the henchman out.
- at higher levels, wait a round. He tends to attack the second slot if you call him in round two, and that will be the henchman.
- if you're casting blades and healing up or saving pips, eventually the enemies will see the minion as the threat and waste a spell taking him out (they very often waste a good spell doing this). Be ready to call one right back out.
- keep the max number of Golems in your deck as you can. you get so you almost never want to be in a battle without one.

2. Blades not traps - I don't even have traps in my deck. This is really different than other schools too. Traps are not worth it in Myth because either the minion attacks will use them up, or your best spells first smaller hit will. (two traps can work, but really not worth the slots in your deck since you'd need both to come up in battle). Blades on the other hand, cover both parts of Minotaur or Orthrus.

3. Shield busters - And of course, Minotaur and Orthus are impervious to shields. I find that when I fight Storm bosses, all I need is a bunch of storm shields in my side deck and they're powerless. Nothing better than seeing a storm boss use up 6 pips and 3 bonuses on his mighty zilla only to inflict a measly 200 points of damage or less.

4. Life makes a great second class - Life is the perfect secondary school for Myth. Healing up while minions go to work for you is the first reason. Second, the there's the balance spell Spirit Blade (Krokotopia) that gives you bonuses to Myth, Life, and Death spells (death is my third school). In many ways, a Myth wizard is the perfect class if you kind of wanted to be Life, but didn't want to spend the game healing up others.

5. Other wizards - they do sometimes join YOUR battles and then you have to adjust tactics. Yes, it's a shame they diluted your victory, but oh well, it can be fun sometimes to help out the lesser classes.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
Nothing helps him because the root problem is weak spells.

(not trying to spell right) If you can't play all offence (like all damage cards, all attack, low health ect.) try to play defence (lots of heath, weaker cards, ect.) !

Abigail Spiritrider

Historian
May 28, 2009
Ho! Wanna know how to use myth propely? Here:

1. Myth does double tap, the first weak attack remove shields and wait for the real attack.

2. Myth can remove shields and remove traps. So ice wizards don't have match against him.

3. Minions come in handy, Minotaur minion is very useful in CPU battle, But very weak in PvP cause of his personnality.

4. If you think myth is a little weak, play with friends! This is not DF, is W101! You can play with REAL friends, not CPUs!

5. Maybe is not myth's problem, is YOURS problem! You must seek if you have good card to play. If your deck's construction is bad, in any school you are bad.

6. Nothing in the world is perfect, don't expect a perfect school. Just have a school you think is perfect, is enorph.

7. Don't be afraid of the monster's look! Maybe that the stuff who make you think myth is bad: "Because myth is the perfect school for you! Cause when you arrive to a scary boss but other characters have not get yet, ......"

Well, get braver! Maybe those stuff will make you be braver:

Happy stuff, duct tape, fine music, Sunny day, nice mood, comfort office chair, a friend and a refreshing drink. Well, you know how to mix those stuffs right? 8)

Don't forget to get ready for school!