Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Identify Crafted Items

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 14, 2009

Hello fellow wizards!

I, for one, think everyone would benefit from some marker to identify crafted items. Something similar to the way that Crown items and Ticket items are identified, with a little icon to the edge of the item.

The reason I thought of this is because I went through the process of crafting an item for the Krockotopia crafting quest, but while I was waiting the 1 hour required before I could craft the second one, I was doing some housekeeping chores, and accidentally sold the first item that I had crafted. DOH!

Now I have to go back and craft a third one. UGH!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this. I also suspect that if someone went through all of the effort to collect reagents to craft something, that they probably don't want to see it end up in the garage sale with all of their other questing spoils. :D

Does anyone else see a benefit for a mark that identifies crafted items in your backpack, bank, attic?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 20 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 8 (Apprentice Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 5 (Apprentice Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 2 (Novice Sorcerer)

Hero
May 02, 2009
For me, whenever I craft an item for a crafting quest, I put it in my bank so I don't sell it by mistake.

If I do sell it by mistake, I can just buy a new one, since I only have to CRAFT 2 items, and then present them to the crafter.

my advice, when crafting items, always remember to put it in your bank, that way you won't sell it by mistake, and then put it back in your bag when it's time to turn in your crafting quest.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I think some sort of identifier would be great. It would also give an indication of what is a crafted item when buying at the bazaar.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
That'd be nice. Once I ALMOST sold a crafted item, but luckily I stopped myself before it was too late. Good times, good times.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Keena Firefountain~ lvl 48 Master Pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
Since you have already crafted the item, go to the Bazaar and see if you can buy one. It will still count as the one you've made and you won't have to collect all the reagents again. I also definitely see the benefit for this type of marking system. Great idea!

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
Wh1rledPeas wrote:

Hello fellow wizards!

I, for one, think everyone would benefit from some marker to identify crafted items. Something similar to the way that Crown items and Ticket items are identified, with a little icon to the edge of the item.

The reason I thought of this is because I went through the process of crafting an item for the Krockotopia crafting quest, but while I was waiting the 1 hour required before I could craft the second one, I was doing some housekeeping chores, and accidentally sold the first item that I had crafted. DOH!

Now I have to go back and craft a third one. UGH!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done this. I also suspect that if someone went through all of the effort to collect reagents to craft something, that they probably don't want to see it end up in the garage sale with all of their other questing spoils. :D

Does anyone else see a benefit for a mark that identifies crafted items in your backpack, bank, attic?

Steven SkullHammer - Level 20 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 8 (Apprentice Necromancer)

I can see the reason behind having it marked as a crafted item, especially at the bazaar, as there so many items that get crafted and sold by mistake, or for whatever reason. I think it would be nice to be able to identify those items when purchasing or selling at the bazaar to keep us on our toes when purchasing or selling items that we may or may not need any longer.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
flash33 wrote:
For me, whenever I craft an item for a crafting quest, I put it in my bank so I don't sell it by mistake.

If I do sell it by mistake, I can just buy a new one, since I only have to CRAFT 2 items, and then present them to the crafter.

my advice, when crafting items, always remember to put it in your bank, that way you won't sell it by mistake, and then put it bacfk in your bag when it's time to turn in your crafting quest.

Thanks for the hints! Those are helpful and I will keep them in mind for future crafting tasks.

I also realized that many people craft housing and other items. So perhapse they would benefit from some sort of identifier, showing which of their housing items were actually the product of long hours of reagent collection, and which items were simply purchased or won in battle.

Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 9 (Apprentice Necromancer)