Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss defeats not registering

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
I have really had it with spending an hour or more fighting through a dungeon only to have the final defeat not register. It has happened to me a few times, most recently with Othin Stormfather in Ravenscar (a battle which took over an hour and three purchased henchmen), and it just happened again when my niece and I went back to help my husband defeat Jotun in the Hall of Valor. We spent over an hour and a half on that battle (and bought one henchman), and it didn't register--he has to do that whole dungeon over again. And yes, he was present when the battle concluded (as we were with Othin Stormfather).

The worst part of all is that my husband (who has a paid account separate from the one my niece and I play on) started to HATE this game because of things like this. Much pleading had to be done to convince him to start playing again, and he hasn't even been back a few days and already he is disgusted.

I just don't understand how glitches like this can exist, and continue to exist, when people are paying dearly to play this game? It is unbelievably frustrating and, frankly, highly suspicious.

~ Elo

Administrator
Young Wizard, has it occurred to you to contact support? They can look at whether or not your player actually had the quest and why it did not register the defeat.

To contact support, you can click on the Help & Support tab on the left and select 'Contact Us', or click the 'Contact Us' link on the bottom of every page on the website, or send a direct email to support@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
elorajules wrote:
I have really had it with spending an hour or more fighting through a dungeon only to have the final defeat not register. It has happened to me a few times, most recently with Othin Stormfather in Ravenscar (a battle which took over an hour and three purchased henchmen), and it just happened again when my niece and I went back to help my husband defeat Jotun in the Hall of Valor. We spent over an hour and a half on that battle (and bought one henchman), and it didn't register--he has to do that whole dungeon over again. And yes, he was present when the battle concluded (as we were with Othin Stormfather).

The worst part of all is that my husband (who has a paid account separate from the one my niece and I play on) started to HATE this game because of things like this. Much pleading had to be done to convince him to start playing again, and he hasn't even been back a few days and already he is disgusted.

I just don't understand how glitches like this can exist, and continue to exist, when people are paying dearly to play this game? It is unbelievably frustrating and, frankly, highly suspicious.

~ Elo

If your character is defeated after the quested boss is defeated and then comes back (either by heal or flee/potion/port) for the end of the battle, you do not get credit for defeating that boss.

I first notice this with the Othin Stormfather quest and now make sure that Othin is the last Raven left standing when I have that quest.

Similarly with Jotun, is it possible that Jotun was defeated and then your husband's character was defeated and then returned before the end of the battle. Again, as with the Ravens, the strategy here would be to make sure you kill Jotun's henchmenn first and then finish off Jotun.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
Professor Greyrose: Thanks! I will have my husband and niece contact support.

Manga of Myth: Unfortunately that was not the case with either of our battles, as we systematically defeat the boss last. Our group strategy has always been to defeat the minions first and then we all put our energy into the boss last. That's definitely good to know, though, since other wizards may do things differently. :)

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
I have also had that happen to me and more than once in more than just one boss fight. IT IS very frustrating especially the nearly 10.00 a month I pay to play ( limited income) , unfortunatly when I have reported another type of problem with support I had never recieved a response So I repeat the 12 fight battle in big ben

Autumn Raven