Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you win an arena battle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
How can you win an arena battle I have been tring for months to win some. Like in a 4v4 arena the other team ends up using lvl 45 spells over and over and over again, and all my team can do hardly is heal and heal and heal, and we never really can heal fast enough, so how are you supose to win one? I need to know what do you do to win a arena battle

Lauren Skyriver
lvl 48
Savior of the Spiral

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Lol,i feel your pain,winning an arena match takes serious teamwork.
But before you enter an arena match,put on an outfit that gives you the
most health(who cares if it looks ugly or doesn't match,you need to win).
Next,go to wizard city bazaar shop,and buy a larger deck and a strong treasure card.Then,go back to the arena and make sure you team up
with wizards who are magus,or grandmaster(you can see what level someone is by moving your mouse on the side of their symbol that represents their school). If you have a friend who is life,ask them to join because the team
will need healing.Oh yeah,before i forget,maybe you are fighting wizards
who are grandmasters.if you set up your own match,make sure you choose levels that are lower or the same as your level.

Delver
May 31, 2009
fighting people is not like fighting monsters, you need to set up your strongest attacks while shielding heavily. Do you play with the same team? do you always do 4v4? and your a level 48 what? answer these and I can tell you more.

Historian
May 15, 2009
citygirl411 wrote:
Lol,i feel your pain,winning an arena match takes serious teamwork.
But before you enter an arena match,put on an outfit that gives you the
most health(who cares if it looks ugly or doesn't match,you need to win).
Next,go to wizard city bazaar shop,and buy a larger deck and a strong treasure card.Then,go back to the arena and make sure you team up
with wizards who are magus,or grandmaster(you can see what level someone is by moving your mouse on the side of their symbol that represents their school). If you have a friend who is life,ask them to join because the team
will need healing.Oh yeah,before i forget,maybe you are fighting wizards
who are grandmasters.if you set up your own match,make sure you choose levels that are lower or the same as your level.

this is one way to do it
me i can force my opponents to waste their cards
i am a major defender for 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 as well as defense mage for myself in 1v1 i take weakness cards from the library ( i stock)
and will place them on the opponent
this will force them to waste a turn while i put on shields that for them to discard to find a card to rid the shield without wasting too many pips
even with wild bolters i can use this (sometimes)
IF i go first and it helps i have a 20% resist to storm
anyways back to the topic
while i use weakness and shield myself they are constantly discarding casting discarding and casting this cuts out large portions of their deck until they left with little to no cards in hand
this is proven to work my friends have seen my take down 2 level 50 grand master ice students both of whom had 3000-3900 health

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Same thing happens to me... I can NEVER win in pvp and I have tried like ten different strategies...

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
Same thing happens to me... I can NEVER win in pvp and I have tried like ten different strategies...

There are more than ten.

Post what the strategies are and I'll try to give more.
Maybe a combination of yours and mine could be the winner... who knows?

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 45 Balance/Ice

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Well my stratigies are more shields and power spells
Even it out
Mostly healing and power spells
all boosts and spells
and much more

P.S. I am storm...