Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People Automaticaly Reporting You Back

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I've seemed to notice that in W101 when you report someone for something they just report you back! I think that KingsIlse should make it that the person who was reported not be able to report back for a certain time limit, maybe five minutes... or more if some players are persistent. Reply if you agree or if you dont.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I disagree, because then it gives the person who reported them license to say anything they want (in private chat) to the reported player and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it!

If someone does a lot of false reporting, they should definitely have their text chat taken away for a while, or even be banned for a few days.

Historian
May 15, 2009
Josh1128Sh wrote:
I disagree, because then it gives the person who reported them license to say anything they want (in private chat) to the reported player and they wouldn't be able to do anything about it!

If someone does a lot of false reporting, they should definitely have their text chat taken away for a while, or even be banned for a few days.

not true there is a little bit of magic called:
" i put this harasser on ignore"

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Although at first your idea seems good, there is always the case where an obnoxious person not only does something offensive in chat, but then has the audacity to report you also. Now I know this wouldn't happen often, but by restricting the "report also" option you might be limiting legitimate reports of inappropriate behavior.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
MordanTheGreat wrote:
Although at first your idea seems good, there is always the case where an obnoxious person not only does something offensive in chat, but then has the audacity to report you also. Now I know this wouldn't happen often, but by restricting the "report also" option you might be limiting legitimate reports of inappropriate behavior.

Good point I hadn't even thought of that!

Historian
May 15, 2009
jackmanguy1 wrote:
MordanTheGreat wrote:

Good point I hadn't even thought of that!

yes and that is why u put them on ignore AFTER reporting

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
the catch to putting them on ignore, is they have to be a member of your friends list. i have tried on a few verbal disagreements about a players foul language, to have them put onto my ignore list without reporting them and discovered that they have to be on your friends list. i have also tried to put them on ignore after reporting them for harrasment and foul language which i think you should be able to put them on your ignore listing without them being a friend. but thats just my two cents worth on the subject.

Historian
May 15, 2009
ldaring wrote:
the catch to putting them on ignore, is they have to be a member of your friends list. i have tried on a few verbal disagreements about a players foul language, to have them put onto my ignore list without reporting them and discovered that they have to be on your friends list. i have also tried to put them on ignore after reporting them for harrasment and foul language which i think you should be able to put them on your ignore listing without them being a friend. but thats just my two cents worth on the subject.

wait what??????????
u have to friend them i dont believe that

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
No clue what you are talking about... I just try to not report for the sake of getting in trouble for false reporting...

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
I don't think I've ever been reported (then again, I do try to not do any reportable offenses).

However, I have reported a handful for foul-like language over the past year or so. If what I'm reading is correct, when you are reported, you are told immediately that someone reported you? And who reported you?

To answer the question, I do not agree that there should be a ban or delay on reporting a person who reported you. Sometimes it could be a child who did a violation, and their "friend" replies in kind. Enter parent, who reports, however, the account that also did the wrong doing should be reported if so chosen for doing the same bad thing.

If someone reports you just as a payback, when you did nothing wrong, well I'm sure Wizard101 has something in place to deal with people that do that.

Can someone from KingsIsle answer about those being reported knowing they are reported and by whom? I didn't know that was a feature actually.