Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

problem with new gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
i know it would be awesome to get new gear but there are problems to it(im sure Ki has already solved them somehow if they are gonna raise the level cap but i just wanted to discuss it)

#1. if we get new gear specially crown gear that could even pass the overlord and valkyrie sets soon they would be able to beat ven the most powerfull arena gear so that gear would be pointless to some poeple

#2. if we keep getting more stats installed to our gear soon most wizards will have like 65% resist to their school which just doesnt seem right
(but it would be awesome)
#3. some people like balance and death have like 80% power pip chance with more gear they son would have 100% ( i think they should make a green super pip counting as 3 pips to get around this)

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
wizardq32 wrote:
i know it would be awesome to get new gear but there are problems to it(im sure Ki has already solved them somehow if they are gonna raise the level cap but i just wanted to discuss it)

#1. if we get new gear specially crown gear that could even pass the overlord and valkyrie sets soon they would be able to beat ven the most powerfull arena gear so that gear would be pointless to some poeple

#2. if we keep getting more stats installed to our gear soon most wizards will have like 65% resist to their school which just doesnt seem right
(but it would be awesome)
#3. some people like balance and death have like 80% power pip chance with more gear they son would have 100% ( i think they should make a green super pip counting as 3 pips to get around this)

I am assuming most of your concern is around arena. If so, I think that most of your concerns could be addressed by Kings Isle making the matching system a little more restrictive on who it allows to be matched up.

Matching on Arena Rank alone is silly because you have Grandmaster Privates completely STOMPING all over Apprentice Privates.

I think tweaking the ristrictions that determine who is matched up with who, will address most of those concerns. Perhaps a "hypothetical power" level that is calculated based on the wizard's strength, resistance, spells, and other stats? Something that the system can use in the background only, to do a better job of matching you up with someone that isn't going to mop the floor with your face. LOL!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 17 (Journeyman Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 7 (Apprentice Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 5 (Apprentice Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 2 (Novice Sorcerer)