Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chain Stunners are not very fair :(

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Okay I was playing pvp minding my own business and than BOOM I get into a battle with a chain stunner, next thing I know I am dead. Then I tried to report him because it really wasn't that fair and it would NOT let ME!!! Why can't people realize they are not making the pvp fun for others and that they should try to make pvp fair. All I wish is for people to settle this on there own instead of making KI fix it wasting time and money. Sorry if those of you who think that I am complaining and being stupid but it is just an opinion. I am just trying my hardest to make the game fair by letting us wizards deal with it ourselves and here is an example; I used to be an exssesive Wild Bolter but learned that it was not fair and that I should stop to make the game fair. Now I do not use Wild Bolt unless I am about to die.

Scarlet Shadow

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
Okay I was playing pvp minding my own business and than BOOM I get into a battle with a chain stunner, next thing I know I am dead. Then I tried to report him because it really wasn't that fair and it would NOT let ME!!! Why can't people realize they are not making the pvp fun for others and that they should try to make pvp fair. All I wish is for people to settle this on there own instead of making KI fix it wasting time and money. Sorry if those of you who think that I am complaining and being stupid but it is just an opinion. I am just trying my hardest to make the game fair by letting us wizards deal with it ourselves and here is an example; I used to be an exssesive Wild Bolter but learned that it was not fair and that I should stop to make the game fair. Now I do not use Wild Bolt unless I am about to die.

Scarlet Shadow

Reporting for stun is FALSE REPORTING.
You could get in big trouble for making false reports.

And it is JUST A GAME! Why are you so upset over a GAME?

Idea: Learn Stun and Stun Block.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh... but false reporting is BAD BAD BAD!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

Scarlet Shadow

Ok just so you know it is not like I am going to quit the game or something. Also, I now realize that reporting could have ended badly. Another thing is that I can't use my stun block because the usually go first. I am really not upset I just believe that we need to fix this as soon as possible. I know it is just a game and so like I said it is not like I am going to stop playing the game forever for a stupid reason.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
at least you get a stun shield now so they have to waste more pips to chain you, besides if you dont like it dont pvp, it isnt a requirement to advance in the game. Also chains tun is usually 3v3 or 4v4 so try 1v1 or 2v2

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
Ok just so you know it is not like I am going to quit the game or something. Also, I now realize that reporting could have ended badly. Another thing is that I can't use my stun block because the usually go first. I am really not upset I just believe that we need to fix this as soon as possible. I know it is just a game and so like I said it is not like I am going to stop playing the game forever for a stupid reason.

So your worried over them going first eh?
Does stun only hit one person?

If so, you can try.....
(drum roll)
Chain Shielding!

Get three other friends who have stun block.
Then ether learn stun block or get a treasure card....
Have everyone put block on the strongest player as many times as they can.

Hope this helps!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice
Sierra Mist
Aaron Dragoncoin
Antonio Lionheart
Baily Deathwalker

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:

Scarlet Shadow

Sigh that happen to me last night
one of our teammates fled :( then they kept hitting us with Storm lord and I was about to use Frost Giant so the match was over in 2 rounds :(

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

Scarlet Shadow

Lol, Indeed it is!

But, could someone tell me in a 4v4 when the person goes first and two people do the stun while the rest of us wait to die? We don't have a chance to block the stun, so what am I suppose to do?

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Penguin4ever wrote:
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

Scarlet Shadow

Lol, Indeed it is!

But, could someone tell me in a 4v4 when the person goes first and two people do the stun while the rest of us wait to die? We don't have a chance to block the stun, so what am I suppose to do?

Exactly Penguin dude!!! That is my point we just have to wait around and die...

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Agreed, there really is no reason Stun All should be in this game, just stunning one person at a time. That would make the Chain Gang think a little more.

That's one idea, how about adding a Stun Shield to all friends spell?

Another idea is to make the fighting sequence alternate back and forth.

Or, how about lowering the accuracy of the Stun spells from 100% to say 75%?

How often do we get "stunned" in real life :?

These ideas have been mentioned before by me (and others probably)...something is bound to change eventually. I prefer to be smacked by a Lord, or Helephant, or whatever while I am conscience.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
Penguin4ever wrote:

Lol, Indeed it is!

But if stun is taken away.... how will THEY win? It's like a chain.... take away one part and the rest is ruined. Sure you will have a better chance of winning... but then THEY will feel like they are just "waiting around to die".

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
chain stunners (e.x. alia) are proud of what they do, and they will not be stopped unless KI makes it illegal again. i do not think chain stunning should be legal, but it will not be stopped. it's just like bolting, KI is aware it's a problem, but nothing they can do

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
people people we are not talking the use of on stun then the other team get a turn to either shield agaist stun or attack we ARE talking about chain stunners I lost count now how many matches this has happend to teams I was on We ARE talking about being stunned many times in a row with NO chance to shield or attack at ALL your team just stands there till they are killed end of story. One team I don't think I'm allowed to use real players names here but I think many know who I'm talking about she has two players with the same name being played by one person at the same time.
this team I reffer to stuns 8 times in a row yes thats EIGHT times the other teams cannot block shield or attack its become ridiculous in ranked pvp for those who wish to play a fair match your out of luck with teams such as this. Sad thing is this has somehow become the NORM now? Give players the option we demand and stop this NOW! I urge my fellow players to contact KI and tell them how you feel about this practice lets put and end to chain stunning for good. Thank you for this thread
Fallon grandmaster storm

Historian
May 15, 2009
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
Penguin4ever wrote:

Lol, Indeed it is!

But if stun is taken away.... how will THEY win? It's like a chain.... take away one part and the rest is ruined. Sure you will have a better chance of winning... but then THEY will feel like they are just "waiting around to die".

i am guessing you are a chain stunner
we dont want stun removed entirely but we want it limited like for example you can only cast ??? amount of stuns per turn
or you can only use this ??? stun once per dual etc etc etc

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
Penguin4ever wrote:

Lol, Indeed it is!

i am guessing you are a chain stunner
we dont want stun removed entirely but we want it limited like for example you can only cast ??? amount of stuns per turn
or you can only use this ??? stun once per dual etc etc etc

Wrong guess.

I actually can't use stun at all.

In fact I have NEVER even had one once!

LOL!

Here's a tip... remember that people don't have to use something to want it to be allowed.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
legolsk wrote:
chain stunners (e.x. alia) are proud of what they do, and they will not be stopped unless KI makes it illegal again. i do not think chain stunning should be legal, but it will not be stopped. it's just like bolting, KI is aware it's a problem, but nothing they can do

Illegal again??? They have done this before??? Also I don't want chain stunning banned... I just want it lowered in accuracy or something like 70% accuracy in pvp so they can't chain stun...

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
how about a stun block for all,hey if you can stun all why not stun block all this may make chain stunning a little harder to do.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Zzatdragon wrote:
how about a stun block for all,hey if you can stun all why not stun block all this may make chain stunning a little harder to do.

Problem with that is that they stun so you don't get a chance to get the stun block!!!

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

Scarlet Shadow

Yes I agree it is just a game. BUT like I said in one of my other messages, it is a game we PAY to play. I mean look at the situation as if it was reversed. What if you gathered a chain team and you got a pvp match (4v4 or 3v3) and you end up getting chained. How would you feel? Think about it.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
AlecVolterra wrote:
at least you get a stun shield now so they have to waste more pips to chain you, besides if you dont like it dont pvp, it isnt a requirement to advance in the game. Also chains tun is usually 3v3 or 4v4 so try 1v1 or 2v2

All the chain stunning is in 4v4 and 3v3 so you suggest we 1v1 or 2v2?
What kind of strategy (I probably spelled that wrong, but oh well :-P) is that? I mean come on, we pay to play so we should be able to enjoy what we PAY for and be able to have fun and have a fair match, no matter if its 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

So your worried over them going first eh?
Does stun only hit one person?

If so, you can try.....
(drum roll)
Chain Shielding!

Get three other friends who have stun block.
Then ether learn stun block or get a treasure card....
Have everyone put block on the strongest player as many times as they can.

Hope this helps!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice
Sierra Mist
Aaron Dragoncoin
Antonio Lionheart
Baily Deathwalker

This does NOT work. Even if everyone on your team has stun block and use as many as you can on one person. What if you are against a chain team and you go second? Then they either use choke or blinding light over and over and over so you dont get to cast one spell at all through out the whole match. So, in my opinion and i'm sure some people will agree with me, this strategy does NOT work.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
Penguin4ever wrote:

Lol, Indeed it is!

If choke and blinding light are taken away from pvp all together then both teams have an even chance of winning no matter if you go first or second.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
legolsk wrote:

Chain stunners are proud? HAHA!! They should be ashamed of what they do. They chain because they CANT win any other way. Chain stunners are pathetic. x caugh caugh alia caugh x :)

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
hotshotjoe wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:

All the chain stunning is in 4v4 and 3v3 so you suggest we 1v1 or 2v2?
What kind of strategy (I probably spelled that wrong, but oh well :P) is that? I mean come on, we pay to play so we should be able to enjoy what we PAY for and be able to have fun and have a fair match, no matter if its 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4.

I epically FAIL at 1v1 and 2v2

Survivor
Dec 02, 2009
Just to let you all know I am three other played that wonderful team with the alia one lol and when i spoke my mind out loud and told her and her team that they could not win any other way she REPORTED me for my speaking my mind not once but twice. I just thought i would let you know that she has stepped up her game amd only wants to stun to win at all costs. I don't mind losing but would like to lose in a fair fight. not stunned and stand there, I have better things to do then stand and watch. if that was what i wanted to do then i would have watched not played.
:?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Maybe a Stun Absorb possibly would be a solution? The problem with stun shields when dealing with chaining is either:

One: A myth wizard or someone else uses Earthquake before and after the stun.

Two: Choke & Blinding Light are used back to back to break all the stun shields.

However, if the shields lasted say, 3 Stuns, it wouldn't be so easy for them, now would it? You can even make them Earthquake proof like the absorbs you get from Rebirth!

Don't know if it helps, but I actually miss doing 4v4... :(