Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

puny items

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I've been fighting the jade oni, malistare and other strong bosses and they are supposed to be dropping cool items like swords, mounts and other cool stuff but when i beat them, i got puny items that are only good for selling and not wearing. Is this a glitch? or is it beacause i have bad luck?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
sonic12344 wrote:
I've been fighting the jade oni, malistare and other strong bosses and they are supposed to be dropping cool items like swords, mounts and other cool stuff but when i beat them, i got puny items that are only good for selling and not wearing. Is this a glitch? or is it beacause i have bad luck?

Bad luck. I have had some of my characters walk out of there with a sword first try, and others have never gotten anything interesting.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
sonic12344 wrote:

The really cool items are RARE drops. So it's not a glitch, it's just the luck of the draw in your case. Some people luck up and get the rare drops first time out, or even within a dozen tries...Others it may take hundreds of times farming the bosses to get the rare drop items.

Just keep at it. Eventually you'll luck up and get one or all of them. In the meantime, you're making coin from selling or can trade the items to your other characters. 8)

Delver
May 31, 2009
if you check wizard 101 wiki you can see the items that those bosses drop as well as the cards they use