Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the worst school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2009
yiannaki200129 wrote:
I think the worst school personally is life sure it heals but not very good spells after that is ice.
Well i personally think all of the schools are pretty even. Like someone above me said, all the schools have a weakness in one area like storm's low health and accuracy and myth's tendency to set off its own boosts with the two hits thing on their attacks, but are overall greatly balanced.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
To tell the truth, here's how they'd rank with a reason:
1. Death /Reason: Can heal, can do a lot of damage with skeletal dragon, high accuracy, high health
2. Storm/ Reason: High power, accuracy can be upgraded, best 4 on 4 pvp school, low health
3. Myth/ Reason: Can destroy all of your shields in pvp, decent power, medium health
4. Ice/ Reason: Insane health, good power, medium accuracy
5. Life/ Reason: Healing, lowest power, high accuracy, medium health
6. Balance/ Reason: Very low power, medium accuracy, shields, medium health
7. Fire/ Reason: Medium Power, low accuracy, low health, bad healing

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
I have to say that every school is great, but Balance has one disadvantage that sets it apart. Its damage can only be boosted by Balance blade, bladestorm, feint, curse, hex, and the aura that increases damage. Every other school can use all of this and more. for example, Fire can use all that, AND fireblade, elemental blade, fire trap, elemental trap, fuel, and Wyldfire. Not to mention that a prism can be used to get double this but for a different school's boost. I'm not saying it's a bad school. I've fallen victim to it many times in PvP. I'm just saying that it can't be boosted as much as other schools can because of its, well, balance.

~And remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question. Unless a stupid person is asking one. LIKE YOU! (the exception here is the professors. I'm keeping that A+, right, Falmea?)

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion

its 70% and i think your right fire is much more power full and much easyer to solo with 8)

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
None,all the schools have their pros and cons
Storm,Pro: Powerful,Con: fizzle rate
Ice,Pro: can take lots of damage,Con: not that powerfull
Fire,Pro: dose damage over time,Con: bad at healing
Myth,Pro: Early minons, Con: Not that powerfull
Life,Pro: Best healing, Con: Not meany atack spells
Death,Pro dose damage and heals at the same time, Con: needs traps and blades to be powerfull
Balence,Pro: lots of shilds,blades,and traps, Con: Not very good at soloing

Hope this shows we're all the same, no schools better than the other :)

Austin Ironblood
lvl 32 death

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Penguin4ever wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.

O: GASP! HOW DARE THOUGH ACCUSE THE AWESOME SCHOOL OF BEING WORST!

*heavy panting*

Okay, I just want to say that storm is the most fun school I have played. My first wizard was Ice, I stuggled to level because of my weak attacks. Second was balance, I got bored because I kept on using the same attacks. Then came life, it was fun and all, but I found it annoying that I barely had any attack spells. Then came my STORM. It was so much fun! Sure, the fizzle rate is high, but we can get clothest that INCREASE OURACCURACY! That's what most people seem to think about storm.

Our accuracy is 70%!!
+Grand clothest accuracy boost, is that around 15-20%?
+Treasure cards
Almost 90% or so!

Storm hands down is the most fun school I've ever played through. With its high attacks I found it so much fun to overkill bosses. It was fun to solo through, but not easy! It's simply the beginning of storm, until about MB clothes level, that its fizzles finally let up. I suggest if you think storm is the worst school, make one yourself!

So, my conclusion for the worst school is: BALANCE
Although it may be good in the arena, it's not fun to have people complain about you. Sure, it seems strong, but it gets very boring. I'm not saying it's weak, but I just don't see how balance could be so good in anything else besides arena. No offense, but this is my conclusion.

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm
i'm a balance and i soloed sunken city at level fourteen! and balance is awsome in solo and team play and storm is not the worst either nor is ice or death or myth or fire or life. in truth eatch scholl is the same you just need a good stadegy and you can do anything with any scholl. no offence to you or any one who posted a scholls name as worst nothing would be they same with out any of the scholls for example if there was no fire, no ds if there was no life no ms no myth no cyclopes lane no storm no triten ave. no balance no kt no ice no closses blv. no death no malistare and guess what no best scholl eather each scholl is equel.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
By a million miles, ice. Lowest damage in the game, it's tied with life plus the fact it's accuracy is lower. Taunt almost never works, and... actually that's about it. I can't think of much more. I wasn't built to solo however, so it could just be my play style.

And myth is average. It has ultimate shield killers ( shatter, earthquake, pierce, orthrus, minotaur) but it has a slightly low ammount of health. Although with legend gear it's even more accurate than legend lifes! Average damage is fine by me though. Awesome in groups, according to me.

So? Like a lot of people say, depends on your play style. Mine's buffer, so i'm often on my death. Why not balance? Feint+Pact+Curse= Just pwned Wintertusk. Actually, that was a friend of mine that I helped quite a bit. And my balance is initiate.

Good luck to pwnzors of all sorts,

Ronan TitanStalker, Master Necromancer
Angel SwiftHand, Adept Diviner
Ronan GoldSword, Initiate Sorcerer
Kane Drake, Initiate Conjurer
Ronan SoulShard, Apprentice Thaumaturge
Brand Dragonrider, Apprentice Theurgist

Survivor
May 31, 2009
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?

I am a life student, and I attack with my secondary school. Life has its attacking and healing!

Caroline Willoweyes, Level 19 Theuregist

Survivor
May 31, 2009
darkxmelody wrote:
Hey :)

How about, there is no worst school!

Each school definitely has it's advantages and disadvantages. However, it is up to the wizard his/herself to decide which is the best/worst for them.

Percentage wise, Life, with 90% accuracy, ranks as most accurate.
Strength wise, Storm, with it's pip level two spells as damaging as most other schools pip three levels, ranks as most fight appropriate.

This is not to say Ice, Balance, Death, Myth, and Fire are not good schools at all. I have a Balance Wizard and love her, but others think Balance is dull. Storm may be strong, but I personally have anxiety attacks about fizzling!

Choose the school YOU think is best.

All my luck,
darkxmelody

darxmelody,
I agree!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
peaches2matt wrote:

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion

Storm is NOT the worst. It has the most powerful spells by FAR! And every school has something good like this

Death: you attack something you get some of their health
Myth: you can summon alot of minions
Life: TONS of healing spells but they still have attacks
Storm: good attack spells
Ice: good defense spells
Fire: good attack spells (but still not as good as storm)

But if I had to pick one I'd say ice because they don't have as much attack spells (not meaning I don't like ice students though)

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
gmf1999 wrote:
I think the worst school is storm because you have low health and low accurancy.

BUT you guys have HUGE attacks unlike my school fire. In frie you have 75% accuracy (close to storm's) but it's attacks are NOWHERE near the damage of storm.

But I might be wrong because fire is my school and I'm hating myself right now because I didn't pick life as my school of focus :(

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
myth is a really good school the 2nd strongest its just not a good secondary

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?

I have to agree. Life isn't the greatest choice of school unless your planning on getting a second school thats really powerful like storm or something. For me, i wouldn't do too well if i had to go into a fight with maybe three damaging spells and five healing. But what do you know i'm a necromancer and i'm used to casting tons of wraiths, scarecrows, and skeletal dragons.
"Death is the best!" Malorn Ashthorn

Adam Blood, Legendary Necromancer (level 60)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
truth to be told there is no worst school. all schools have pros and cons. such as Storm is so powerful but low hit rate and low health kinda mark that out. Ice has extremly high health and defence, but it's attacks are the weakest... Fire extremly strong (not as strong as storm though) and has more health then storm, but it also has an annoying fizzle rate and it's damage over time can render traps useless...(yes i know dragon does MOST of it's damage on the first round) Death steals health and gets feint (even though this can be aquired by any school...) but it's attack damage is quite low. Myth can summon minions and gets the all helpful earthquake spell it is also not one of the weakest but in the middle, but it uses double attacks so you have to trap twice, and the lvl 48 & 58 spell hit only one target... Life heals which is so helpful in dungeons, but it's attack is low. Finally Balance is a mixture of all the schools. Has no weakness but with no prisims dealing with balance enemies makes you depend on your second school a lot. So as you can see all the schools have the pros and cons.

Ethan Silvershard & Ethan Ironstone
Lvl 60 Ice
Lvl 54 Balance

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
Myth. Definately Myth. You have to double trap the enemies when you use Minotaur and Orthrus. Myth has normal health. Its specailty is minions, but in higher worlds, they're pretty useless. Also, its spells are kinda weak. :|

Myths damage is higher then any other school(except fire and storm). The minions are very useful even in higher worlds. The reason myth is hard is because you have to use strategy.Anyway I believe no school is stronger then another they are all equal!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Has anyone ever noticed that they only judge a school by it's attacks? People always say ice is the worst school because of attacks. I am ice and I had over 3000+ hp when I was a level 45. When level 60 storm has health only like in the thousands. Does anyone agree with me?

Blaze Darkvault level 48 ice

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hey,

There is no such this as a worst school, put one student of all the schools into a big group, that would be completely equal!

Death - Good for draining health, and awesome gear/spells (My school)
Myth- Awesome minions, and somewhat awesome attacks
Storm- HIGH damage attacks, as long as you have accuracy gear, it could be good
Balance- Good shields/blades
Life- Awesome health spells, and Centaur/Forest lord can do somewhat good damage
Fire- Good gear will make it powerful and strong, most likely to kill some enemies in one hit with blades!
Ice- Good attacks/Tower Shield helps out, and high health (My Level 30 friend (Ice) had over 2,000 health, and a Level 45 over 3,000)
Sun,Moon, and Star- Not really schools, but VERY useful!

And there you have it, all schools have their own little advantage, a group works best!

-Mason D. -Level 44 Necromancer-

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
If one school like ice doesn't have a powerful attack,it makes up for it by having great defence.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
austinsm7 wrote:
well, i think it is myth. storm might have a 75% chance, but it is powerfull.
I am a lvl 48 ice wizard and i wish i chosen lighting for my secondary school
:xHEY Myth Can SLAUGHTER STORM without a problem.

Also i dont see a reason you chose MYTH.
Even if myth is powerful in some ways,it's weak in other ways.Storm fizzles a lot,but in exchange it's VERY powerful.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Stormycloud123456 wrote:
Hey! Storm is my school! I have storm shark and it's cool! Though it can fizzle, it is cool to me! :( It is not nice to tease a school.

Brian Thundercloud, Level 17
That isn't really teasing,but it's rude to say that.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
peaches2matt wrote:

i think that storm is one of the BEST schools! for some reason i dont like myth... i just am not a fan of the spells! just meh opinion o:

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
People. There is no "Worst school." It depends on what school you comfortable and good with. As you can see, many people are saying blah blah blah is a bad school and another one is saying blah blah blah about this. So if someone says Death sucks another might say its awesome. So really, i don't think this topic should start because i heard some people argue in the game that so and so school is better than your school. This type of things start things and cause things to happen. Also, same if someone creates a topic of the "Best School."

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I would have to say Myth is the worst school. I mean it has some cool looking spells.... but the school doesn't have anything useful.

I mean, Ice has major health.... Myth has average.

Storm does most damage, Myth doesn't do as much.

Fire uses tons of spells with damage that continues over 3 rounds, like Fire Elf or Fire Dragon.

Death uses Drains and such.... Myth has no drains or powerful traps like Feint.

Life heals.... Myth never heals.

Balance are the masters of Blades and Traps.... Myth only has Myth Blade and Myth Trap.

But, on the bright side, Myth does have a higher amount of damage. Second, Third overall? But perhaps Myth could have some adjustments to make it better.