Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the worst school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Alright, Life School does have some very powerful spells.
Tip: When you are soloing in life or helping out you want to use a lot of shields and spells that boost the life spells. Some of the spells do have a lot of damage and with spells that boost them can really wipe out an ememy. Another thing about the school of life is that it gives you the ability to heal others and yourself. Putting that and some of the more powerful spells together can really make a difference for a life wizard.
Another thing: All the schools have their one special abilities, for example life heals and storm is a good attacker. If all of them have a weak spot then you could really say any of them are the worst?
Destiny Dayflower
Level 28 Thuergist
Princess Callie (danger hound)

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
I'm a Pyromancer and I made a mistake by choosing storm as my secondary school! I used crowns to get back my training points and I'm now a Sencondary in Life. I learned that life rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best spells are the Satyr and Centaur.
If any fire wizadrds can't decide what secondary school to go with go with Life

Matthew FireRider
Pyromancer
Lvl 34

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Balance is not good at secondary and third because I tried and failed as I realised you don't get shields to defend yourself. It is awesome as a first school though.

In the end I actually like all schools. My fire I had to ask for help all the time, because well it my first character and I was new to the game. Now I learned a lot about this game. You always learn something new and different strategies to take.

I want my characters to be good at pvp. My fire and my death are not good at it. My life is alright at it. My storm as well!! I think with pvp you just need to defend and heal. The 2 keys to success in pvp, but the treasure cards are expensive :P

Regards,

Maryanne

P.S. My balance is on my second account because I ran out of room. Balance I think would be the best at pvp because of judgement plus those blades and shields.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
MoniandDian4ever wrote:
Heyyy(:,

No storm is actually one of the strongest. Its attacks are more powerfull than other schools. To me i think Ice isnt pretty strong it just has a lot of health o. o

Tatiana ThunderBlade lvl 43 Balance-

Hey! I'm ice and ice is really powerful! I got blizzard at lvl 27 and it rocks!! I personally think that death is the worst school. Plus ice is one of the orignal schools. Ice, Fire, and Storm.

Tabitha RainGlade 29 ice

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.[/quote
:( I have a level 46 storm wizard, and though storm has low health, you can easily just kill the enemies before they kill you! And as for high fizzle rate, the good storm clothes mean that you can get up to 15% more accuracy! Therefore, my storm spells have an 85% chance of working.

As for the worst school, I also have a balance wizard and he has REALLY weak attacks, however life does too. I think that the worst schools are balance and life, and storm is the strongest.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
austinsm7 wrote:
well, i think it is myth. storm might have a 75% chance, but it is powerfull.
I am a lvl 48 ice wizard and i wish i chosen lighting for my secondary school
:xHEY Myth Can SLAUGHTER STORM without a problem.

Also i dont see a reason you chose MYTH.
Well if it was the worst SECONDARY school to pick, i'm pretty sure Myth would win hands down no offense. It's just because of the minotaur it is a waste having to use 2 myth traps every time you want to use it

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
ok all the schools are awsome in there own way ice has a lot of health sure there spells arnt very powerful but still storm can kill something so fast i was stunned but they have low hit rate fire does the secound most damange of all the schools death can heal you and hurt your enemy life can heal and it is easy to play with no challenge at all MYTH can somion (i cant spell so just bear with me) mions to help you out in a fight plus they have an allright hit rate and does the third most damange of all the schools. so to me the BEST SCHOOL : MYTH the WORST SCHOOL : BALANCE

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
rayharos wrote:
austinsm7 wrote:

Well if it was the worst SECONDARY school to pick, i'm pretty sure Myth would win hands down no offense. It's just because of the minotaur it is a waste having to use 2 myth traps every time you want to use it
I'd say life is the worst secondary. I mean 2 heals? Man i wish i bought back my crowns.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
First off, there isn't such a thing as the "worst school". All the schools are powerful in a different way. Fire gives you a chance to heal yourself while your Fire Elves and Fire Dragons attack the enemy. Ice has really high natural health. Storm has uber high damage. Life can heal whenever. Death (my school, I'm level 12) can attack and heal at the same time, so I really don't see how some of you are calling that the weakest school. Myth has some pretty good minions, and Balance is just a good school in general. If we're talking damage, definately Life. A good way to keep yourself in battles solo, (this is how I do it) is to have the school opposite your main school as your secondary school. Like Fire and Ice, Storm and Myth, Life and Death (that's what I have), or Balance and Life work well. Balance isn't really opposite anything, but it can't heal so Life is good. Anyway, that's really all I have to say.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
lorelei47 wrote:
First off, there isn't such a thing as the "worst school". All the schools are powerful in a different way. Fire gives you a chance to heal yourself while your Fire Elves and Fire Dragons attack the enemy. Ice has really high natural health. Storm has uber high damage. Life can heal whenever. Death (my school, I'm level 12) can attack and heal at the same time, so I really don't see how some of you are calling that the weakest school. Myth has some pretty good minions, and Balance is just a good school in general. If we're talking damage, definately Life. A good way to keep yourself in battles solo, (this is how I do it) is to have the school opposite your main school as your secondary school. Like Fire and Ice, Storm and Myth, Life and Death (that's what I have), or Balance and Life work well. Balance isn't really opposite anything, but it can't heal so Life is good. Anyway, that's really all I have to say.

Hey good advice will do this on my next account.

Regards,

Maryanne

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
rayharos wrote:
austinsm7 wrote:

I'd say life is the worst secondary. I mean 2 heals? Man i wish i bought back my crowns.

I wouldn't. Satyr is the only way you can heal other ppl.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I say Myth is because its attacks aren't that strong and they dont have that much lives and dont live a lot in arenas sometimes do to not that much resist. But the most important thing is about deciding what school is the worst or best- is how well you are at that school. Dont get me wrong though. There are some pretty good myth people out there! :-)

Lauren Skyriver
Level 50 Grandmaster
Ice Wizard

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
I say Myth is because its attacks aren't that strong

Yes they are :?

dont have that much lives

We are tied with fire

There are some pretty good myth people out there!

Yeah I'm one of them :D

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
Penguin4ever wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.

O: GASP! HOW DARE THOUGH ACCUSE THE AWESOME SCHOOL OF BEING WORST!

*heavy panting*

Okay, I just want to say that storm is the most fun school I have played. My first wizard was Ice, I stuggled to level because of my weak attacks. Second was balance, I got bored because I kept on using the same attacks. Then came life, it was fun and all, but I found it annoying that I barely had any attack spells. Then came my STORM. It was so much fun! Sure, the fizzle rate is high, but we can get clothest that INCREASE OURACCURACY! That's what most people seem to think about storm.

Our accuracy is 70%!!
+Grand clothest accuracy boost, is that around 15-20%?
+Treasure cards
Almost 90% or so!

Storm hands down is the most fun school I've ever played through. With its high attacks I found it so much fun to overkill bosses. It was fun to solo through, but not easy! It's simply the beginning of storm, until about MB clothes level, that its fizzles finally let up. I suggest if you think storm is the worst school, make one yourself!

So, my conclusion for the worst school is: BALANCE
Although it may be good in the arena, it's not fun to have people complain about you. Sure, it seems strong, but it gets very boring. I'm not saying it's weak, but I just don't see how balance could be so good in anything else besides arena. No offense, but this is my conclusion.

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm

would you like to be on the receiving end of a judgment spell complete with blades and traps? good luck with that :)

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
Penguin4ever wrote:
mpetersen68 wrote:
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.

O: GASP! HOW DARE THOUGH ACCUSE THE AWESOME SCHOOL OF BEING WORST!

*heavy panting*

Okay, I just want to say that storm is the most fun school I have played. My first wizard was Ice, I stuggled to level because of my weak attacks. Second was balance, I got bored because I kept on using the same attacks. Then came life, it was fun and all, but I found it annoying that I barely had any attack spells. Then came my STORM. It was so much fun! Sure, the fizzle rate is high, but we can get clothest that INCREASE OURACCURACY! That's what most people seem to think about storm.

Our accuracy is 70%!!
+Grand clothest accuracy boost, is that around 15-20%?
+Treasure cards
Almost 90% or so!

Storm hands down is the most fun school I've ever played through. With its high attacks I found it so much fun to overkill bosses. It was fun to solo through, but not easy! It's simply the beginning of storm, until about MB clothes level, that its fizzles finally let up. I suggest if you think storm is the worst school, make one yourself!

So, my conclusion for the worst school is: BALANCE
Although it may be good in the arena, it's not fun to have people complain about you. Sure, it seems strong, but it gets very boring. I'm not saying it's weak, but I just don't see how balance could be so good in anything else besides arena. No offense, but this is my conclusion.

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm

The question was worst not which one is the most fun

Matthew FireRider
Level 36
Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
austinsm7 wrote:

i dont think myth is the best but i know it is not the worst it is very powerful with one of the best minions in the game. It also has good acurracy and averadge power but i think that to be the best you need some extrodinary things that no onther school has i trying to think what does myth have that no other school has?

All and all though it is a good school. and i am not trying to affened anyone by what i am saying if it does affened anyone.

Level 50 fire Wizard.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
No offence to anyone, but i think fire is the worst although my first wizard was fire. I dont like fire because of all the DoT attacks. I dont like them because they take a while to do full damage. Heres an example. You are in a VERY important battle. You go first casting. You got REALLY lucky on your enemy's last attack because your health is in the single digits. You cast something like fire dragon or heckhound. Before i get into this, there is also the accuracy problem. 2nd lest for crying out loud! Back to the fight. The spell doesnt fizzle, and the spell doesnt quite kill. Before the spell takes the enemy down (which it would if it wasnt a DoT attack), your opponent kills you. :(

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
rarakelley wrote:
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?

We have more attack spells than you think.
We have life only attacks spells that no one else can get.

I think the worst school is Myth.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Dcybele wrote:

Worst at doing damage = yeah Ice and Life
Worst at tanking/soloing = Life

I may have said that Myth was worst school but my friend was using my computer and I had a window up here while I as logged in so i didn't mean that.

As for the Ice and Life worst at doing damage?

Well I am Life and I can overkill Malistaire (with one hit some people on another thread say that a life or ice over kill Malistaire by having other people bring it down then doing their schools strongest spell) with Centaur.

Do you have a Life or Ice character to say so or not?

The Life bad at soloing or Tanking? Well i soloed MS and DS so don't go saying that.

David RainDreamer lvl 49 Master Theurgist

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
IamLezul wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
SkormFire wrote:
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion
i think it is life, to low of attack damage

dude, what is up with everyone saying life is bad?? you dont need a bunch of attacks, you dont even need to heal, all you need is CENTAUR, FEINT, BLADES, TRAPS, 8 TURNS, and BOOM!!! 4 THOUSAND DAMAGE!!. not to brag or anything, but i pwn all schools in 1v1 with my life grand xD

Ellie Silverleaf
Grandmaster Life and Balance.

Agreed. Life kicks butt. People just don't use it correctly to find that out.
High five to both of you Life is way strong.

No school is better than the next. They all have ups and downs. Does what you think really matter? Do you have a wizard in * enter school here*?

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
ugh do i have to say this? evry single school has an advantage here ill name the aadvantages

Ice- high health normal attack
Fire-all-around spells and health
Storm-high attack but low health
Myth-has alot of minions and normal attack
Death-it steals health and pretty high attack
Life-focuses on healing and doing normal damage at a time
Balance-can use judgement to ko many people

there you go advantages now do i really have to say disadvantages? i will then

Ice-doesnt have alot of attack
Fire-lower accuracy
Storm-lowest accuracy and low health
Myth-just focuses on minions
Death-some low accuracy spells
Life-has to team up to heal
Balance-doesnt have many attacks

there the whole pace of disadvantages and advantages

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
in my opinion myth is the worst it doesnt have a ton of health or a ton of attacks and all it has is minions which we all know are useless

Defender
May 28, 2009
I would vote Ice or Balance.
Ice- It may be good in pvp but when your fighting an enemy alone it's very hard.
Balance- To me it sounds like a school that is more of a blades and shields school.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Haze922 wrote:
in my opinion myth is the worst it doesnt have a ton of health or a ton of attacks and all it has is minions which we all know are useless
I EXTREMELY disagree. Myth is in fact one of the best if you know how to use it right. Some of the minions are useful if you know how to use them right. Also myth is about stratagy if you play your attacks right you could have over a 2,000 hit!