Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the worst school?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
well, i think it is myth. storm might have a 75% chance, but it is powerfull.
I am a lvl 48 ice wizard and i wish i chosen lighting for my secondary school

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Heyyy(:,

No storm is actually one of the strongest. Its attacks are more powerfull than other schools. To me i think Ice isnt pretty strong it just has a lot of health o. o

Tatiana ThunderBlade lvl 43 Balance-

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
peaches2matt wrote:
What is the worst school?

i think the worst school is storm because of 75% chance hitting the opponent. what's your opinion
i think you right although it's a big hit so it hurts them big time!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
I think it's life because it does not have many attack spells how does it fight?

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
i dont think that storm is the worst school because of its high damage. No offense to anyone but i would say the worst schools are death and ice. Ice has very little attack but high life usually makes up for it and i am death and it takes a lot more strategy in battles than usual.

No offense to anyone remember, and its not really that schools are better than each other but more strategy is involved in a few schools.

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
I get your points. I was talking about% but all around i think the worst school is myth. no offense to anyone. How do you choose a 2nd school?

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
I think there all balanced, with the % of how they hit, some have better shields, and some can heal but others are devastating with power.

Delver
May 31, 2009
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
austinsm7 wrote:
well, i think it is myth. storm might have a 75% chance, but it is powerfull.
I am a lvl 48 ice wizard and i wish i chosen lighting for my secondary school
:xHEY Myth Can SLAUGHTER STORM without a problem.

Also i dont see a reason you chose MYTH.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
Hey! Storm is my school! I have storm shark and it's cool! Though it can fizzle, it is cool to me! :( It is not nice to tease a school.

Brian Thundercloud, Level 17

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
umm isn't storm's accuracy 70%, not 75%, which I believe is fire's? Btw, Myth rocks.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
mpetersen68 wrote:
balance, myth, and ice dominate PvP/ life is the most popular second school/ fire rules through its multipule all spells combined with damage over turns/ deaths ability to attack and heal themselves is a great combo/ which leaves storm low health and high fizzle rate seems like a high price to pay for the ability to do the most damage per pip. so my vote goes for storm as the worse school.

O: GASP! HOW DARE THOUGH ACCUSE THE AWESOME SCHOOL OF BEING WORST!

*heavy panting*

Okay, I just want to say that storm is the most fun school I have played. My first wizard was Ice, I stuggled to level because of my weak attacks. Second was balance, I got bored because I kept on using the same attacks. Then came life, it was fun and all, but I found it annoying that I barely had any attack spells. Then came my STORM. It was so much fun! Sure, the fizzle rate is high, but we can get clothest that INCREASE OURACCURACY! That's what most people seem to think about storm.

Our accuracy is 70%!!
+Grand clothest accuracy boost, is that around 15-20%?
+Treasure cards
Almost 90% or so!

Storm hands down is the most fun school I've ever played through. With its high attacks I found it so much fun to overkill bosses. It was fun to solo through, but not easy! It's simply the beginning of storm, until about MB clothes level, that its fizzles finally let up. I suggest if you think storm is the worst school, make one yourself!

So, my conclusion for the worst school is: BALANCE
Although it may be good in the arena, it's not fun to have people complain about you. Sure, it seems strong, but it gets very boring. I'm not saying it's weak, but I just don't see how balance could be so good in anything else besides arena. No offense, but this is my conclusion.

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm

Delver
May 31, 2009
Penguin4ever wrote:

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm

The question was "which is the worse school" not which is the least fun. I have grandmasters in ice, balance, life, death, and storm (can`t wait for new world) and I have loads of fun with my storm character. I will say this though balance is the easiest school with its multipule attacks, shields for everyone, healing hands, and blades make this class so easy my girlfriend and my kids can play without me having to come and save them everytime I turn around. While PvP sees alot of judgement in game play balance uses alot of different attacks.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
Penguin4ever wrote:

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhave
Master of Ice and Storm

The question was "which is the worse school" not which is the least fun. I have grandmasters in ice, balance, life, death, and storm (can`t wait for new world) and I have loads of fun with my storm character. I will say this though balance is the easiest school with its multipule attacks, shields for everyone, healing hands, and blades make this class so easy my girlfriend and my kids can play without me having to come and save them everytime I turn around. While PvP sees alot of judgement in game play balance uses alot of different attacks.
Yes but as you get higher in the game such as ds, balance has a painfully hard time soloing in the, but i hear so does myth, anyways to fix these things, simply get feint, this is a major help to ice and life

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
If you ask me, I don't really think there is a worst school. All the schools have something good and bad about them. Storm only has a 70% chance, but it's attacks do huge damage. If I have to decide on which school is the worst, I would have to say Balance. It dosen't have very many attacks, and all of them are kind of weak. Or maybe Ice, because it takes forever to finish battles. I have a level 28 ice wizard, and he had a really hard time on krok and marleybone.

Devin Dragonflame, Level 47 Fire Wizard.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010

Hello(:

So, you're wondering what the 'worst' school is?
I think that all schools are good, except for myth.
Sure some of the attacks look good, but do they really do good damage?
Next worst school is probably ice.

But that's just my opinion.

CourtneyPixieDust
Grandmaster Life Wizard.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Glitter10266 wrote:

Hello(:

CourtneyPixieDust
Grandmaster Life Wizard.
No to sound rude but heres an idea to all who say myth is worst (including the person i am quoting) MAKE A MYTH AND YOU TELL ME ITS THE WORST.

(btw DEATH IS. Without boosts and their overpowered traps, Death is weaker than like anything)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Glitter10266 wrote:

Hello(:

CourtneyPixieDust
Grandmaster Life Wizard.
No to sound rude but heres an idea to all who say myth is worst (including the person i am quoting) MAKE A MYTH AND YOU TELL ME ITS THE WORST.

(btw DEATH IS. Without boosts and their overpowered traps, Death is weaker than like anything)

EXACTLY! Have any of you guys even seen myth in action? Don't judge a school by its spells.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Glitter10266 wrote:

Hello(:

CourtneyPixieDust
Grandmaster Life Wizard.

For those I am quoting and everyone no school is the worst they are all good for different reasons, and bad for different reasons. In my opinion I do think myth is pretty bad... but also death... now that I think about it maybe not myth...

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I think the worst school is storm because you have low health and low accurancy.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Glitter10266 wrote:

Hello(:

CourtneyPixieDust
Grandmaster Life Wizard.

clearly you have no idea what you're talking about, you just contradicted yourself "Without boosts and their overpowered traps" traps are boosts, and how can a trap be "overpowered"? unless of course you have a problem with hitting hard and getting tons of health in return 8) Death pwns, its also the most popular school (more than 50% of voters said death was the best school and most fun to duel with) It has tons of traps and blades, one being the most powerful boost in the game (feint). It's steal health ability combines attacking with a health return, in my opinion better for healing yourself than life because you can attack and heal with the same amount of pips and in the same turn. Life has to attack and heal separately, which takes more time and pips. But of course life is much better at healing others. Not to mention our globe spell severely criples any school except death. Doom and gloom cuts all healing spells in half, and since death is the only school that heals without using healing spells it allows the necromancer to heal while attacking the other wizard, who now cannot heal sufficiently enough to stay alive. Granted it doesn't have the highest health or the best accuracy or even the highest damage but it has a perfect balance of all those traits. Death is most certainly NOT the weakest school!

And as for the worst, I'd have to say myth. It can summon minions but death has the best minion (death incarnate 1,400 health) and the double attack that most of its spells have can be a major pain when your traps and blades get wasted on the much weaker first turn, unless you double buff. It's level 48 spell also only attacks 1 person, at a much higher damage than other master spells but still only a single person and that double attack means you'll have to put on 2 traps or blades for an effective attack. The only very useful spell that myth has is earthquake, its very helpful in the arena removing all blades and shields from all 4 of your opponents. Of course myth can be very powerful in the right hands, and can just as easily kill you as any other school it just takes more skill and strategy to do so.

each school has a pro and a con...

storm
pros- hits REALLY hard
cons- high fizzle rate and low health

ice
pros- very high base health (3000+ when lvl 50 in full gear)
cons- somewhat weak attack spells

fire
pros- high damage (fire dragon's combined damage is MORE than storm lord :p) and damage over time.
cons- fizzles more often than any other school (except storm of course)

life
pros- the healing! great at healing yourself and others plus it's the most accurate school with 90% percent accuracy!
cons- low damage attacks

myth
pros- minion summoning, double attacking, and earthquake.
cons- isn't really the best or worst at anything, average accuracy damage and ability.

death
pros- steal health, doom and gloom, and good all around stats and it has tons of buffs so you can hit VERY hard when using them correctly.
cons- doesn't have high base damage.

balance
pros- buffs that any school can use, the highest hitting single spell (judgement) and there is no school shield against it (except tower, which only cuts the attack by 50%) it also has a shield for every school.
cons- no prism means that you rely heavely on your secondary school when fighting balance monsters. Elemental and spirit shields only shield you by 50%

level 50 wizards in
-storm
-life
-death
-balance
-fire

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Hey :)

How about, there is no worst school!

Each school definitely has it's advantages and disadvantages. However, it is up to the wizard his/herself to decide which is the best/worst for them.

Percentage wise, Life, with 90% accuracy, ranks as most accurate.
Strength wise, Storm, with it's pip level two spells as damaging as most other schools pip three levels, ranks as most fight appropriate.

This is not to say Ice, Balance, Death, Myth, and Fire are not good schools at all. I have a Balance Wizard and love her, but others think Balance is dull. Storm may be strong, but I personally have anxiety attacks about fizzling!

Choose the school YOU think is best.

All my luck,
darkxmelody

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
Glitter10266 wrote:

Hello(:

CourtneyPixieDust
Grandmaster Life Wizard.

Um, excuse me, just like Fred, I agree.....and that is SO wrong about ice school! I did 20000+ with collosus, and every school has it's ups and downs, YES even including life

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
As someone who's played many other mmorpgs I know that certain "schools" are meant to play specific roles in groups.

Ice school is meant for tanks. IE. You soak up the damage from the mobs while the others do the big damage and heal. My main character is Ice with Life as a second and while I don't do a lot of damage, I last a LONG time and therefore can solo a LOT of content.

Life school is meant for healers. Again you aren't meant to do damage, you are there to heal the other players, like the tank, who are getting hit.

Fire, Storm, Death, Myth, and Balance are all Damage dealers or DPS (damage per second) schools. Now I have heard Storm has the strongest spells in terms of doing damage, but as someone said earlier - they fizzle a lot. So choosing between these school is all dependent on how you want to play.

The game is made to try and "balance" each of the schools so that none are obviously "superior" in ALL respects to the others. So while the original question is "What's the worst school?" - I ask in return - "Worst for doing what?"

Worst at doing damage = yeah Ice and Life
Worst at tanking/soloing = Life