Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TCG (Trading Card Game)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
Alright! lets get down to business. I'm putting this idea on the dorms because I think it's a good idea. TCG (Trading card game). You know those TCG's such as Pokemon,YU-GI-OH,Chaotic,etc. I was wondering, why not turn wizard101 into a TCG? Ya know what I mean. When you do a battle on Wizard101 you start out with several cards and if you use a card that turn you draw one your next turn. It's a perfect layout for a TCG. for health each person has 5,000. Mana is 70. There are pips but no power pips.
post ideas to modify this below.

Nicholas GriffinBreath lv.13 Diviner/sorcerer

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
kranky44 wrote:
Alright! lets get down to business. I'm putting this idea on the dorms because I think it's a good idea. TCG (Trading card game). You know those TCG's such as Pokemon,YU-GI-OH,Chaotic,etc. I was wondering, why not turn wizard101 into a TCG? Ya know what I mean. When you do a battle on Wizard101 you start out with several cards and if you use a card that turn you draw one your next turn. It's a perfect layout for a TCG. for health each person has 5,000. Mana is 70. There are pips but no power pips.
post ideas to modify this below.

Nicholas GriffinBreath lv.13 Diviner/sorcerer

That would be AWESOME!!!

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
My ideas:

I think there should be a thing where you can print out the cards you use online and use those for the TCG. Mana should be 100, not 70. And Health should be the same Health you use online.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
trose318 wrote:
My ideas:

I think there should be a thing where you can print out the cards you use online and use those for the TCG. Mana should be 100, not 70. And Health should be the same Health you use online.

I really like that :D

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Actually, I got a REALLY good idea!

Okay, in every pack of cards there are 10 cards

1. One card is a wizard card.

You draw one wizard card at the beginning of every game(doesn't have to be randomly chosen). Each wizard card varies level, higher levels are rarer then lower levels. For example, one card might be:

(Picture of fire wizard here)

Name: Blaze Fireflame
School: Fire
Level: 50
Health: 2,750
Mana: 180/180

You place the wizard card right in the middle of the field. The opponent draws their opponent card and places it with the tips of the wizard cards almost touching each other. If there are more then two players, team play, the other person on your team places their wizard card beside yours, diagonally. The opponent's other team member puts their card diagonal. Depending on the level of the wizards, only certain spells can be casted. For level 5 wizards (no wizards lower then level 5) would be 4/10. While level 50 wizards could be 1.5/10.

2. There will be five attack cards. They will have the same stats of the ingame cards, except a few things different.

(picture of firecat)
Name: Firecat
Level:1+
School:Fire
Pips: 1 (explained next section)
Damage: 105,120,135 (to be explained)
Accuracy: 75% (yet again, to be explained xD)

The player draws three attack cards from deck and places them faced down on the surface. The picture of the spiral or maybe the logo is printed on the back. The player may look at these cards, but not let any of their team or opponent's team know. It will also be handy to have a pad of paper nearby. When the player attacks, the simply flip up the card, say who they attack, and the damage is delt. Player then draws a new card. You may put removed cards, faced down, behind your deck. Treasure cards are special, rare, cards that have a lower rate of getting then a grandmaster wizard card. They are shiny and have increased accuracy and attack, but, luckily, they don't disappear.

3. Although there aren't any pips cards, on the explanation card, there are seven punch out pips. Random times there may be a yellow pip, that's how power pips work in this game. Your opponent or someone from your team hold the pips in their hand so you cannot see them, unless you have all normal pips. At the beggining of each turn you take one. Same rules with pips as it is within the game.

4. There will be three charm cards. These aren't the same cards from the ingame ones, though. Because little kids who play with their friends won't be able to calculate the percents. Most of the blades and traps will be like +50 attack and are placed either under or ontop of the wizard you casted the charm on. Though, sometimes it will be like +250 to storm or +400 to ice. Plus, I doubt most people want to spend so much time just trying to calculate the damage and the boosts.

5. Damage is, what I think, probably the hardest part of making the TCG game of Wizard101.

I think the damage should depend on what level wizard compared to the opponent wizard you are attacking. If it's a low level attacking a high level, it should be lowest attack (105 for firecat) For levels who are a five levels apart or the same level it should be the average attack (120 for fircat) and high level attacking low levels should be the highest attack (135 for firecat)

6. And, finally, the last card of the deck should be a graphic card. It doesn't have any use in the actually game, but this would be the card that people use for trading, mainly. It would have a cool, I mean super cool, picture on it and a code covered by the gray stuff like they have on the gift card. So kids could trade it without having sucspiscions if it has been used or not. There should also be a fun fact on it, too!

~
Apart from idividual card decks, there should be tins, a.k.a. starter decks. The tins have 5 wizards, 15 attack spells, 10 charms, and three graphic cards(43).
~
Thank you for reading! I spent a lot of time on this idea, and I think it's really cool!

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhaven
Master of Ice and Storm.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
trose318 wrote:
My ideas:

I really do like that idea but I think everybody should have the same health just in case a grand master wizard goes against a novice wizard :)

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
I think there should be pip markers, and like the pokemon tcg we can only get one pip every turn, and we put pips on the actual cards we want to use, so for example, I could have five pips on a wraith card, and three pips on a satyr card, I couldn't use either but when another turn passes I would be ready to use the move I put the pip marker on.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
littlered99 wrote:
trose318 wrote:
My ideas:

I really do like that idea but I think everybody should have the same health just in case a grand master wizard goes against a novice wizard :)

There's a problem with that.It's very simple really. HOW COULD THAT HAPPEN! Lets say someone says they have 15,000 health in the game and their a grandmaster wizard. When their really someone who's a novice who started playing two days ago. Their would be no way to tell whether the person your playing is lying about the amount of life they have. They could be totally cheating and thats something we don't want. And plus it wouldn't be fair to the newbies who would be going up against people thrice their life.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
I like the idea of a Wizard101 TCG (I love all the TCGs you said). But the wizard101 chars should be there in the TCG to. It would be cool to open a pack and find a Merle or Greyrose card with the attack spell Wyvern.

From,
Zalic

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
littlered99 wrote:
trose318 wrote:
My ideas:

O.K, maybe 2000 health per player.

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Penguin4ever wrote:
Actually, I got a REALLY good idea!

Okay, in every pack of cards there are 10 cards

1. One card is a wizard card.

You draw one wizard card at the beginning of every game(doesn't have to be randomly chosen). Each wizard card varies level, higher levels are rarer then lower levels. For example, one card might be:

(Picture of fire wizard here)

Name: Blaze Fireflame
School: Fire
Level: 50
Health: 2,750
Mana: 180/180

You place the wizard card right in the middle of the field. The opponent draws their opponent card and places it with the tips of the wizard cards almost touching each other. If there are more then two players, team play, the other person on your team places their wizard card beside yours, diagonally. The opponent's other team member puts their card diagonal. Depending on the level of the wizards, only certain spells can be casted. For level 5 wizards (no wizards lower then level 5) would be 4/10. While level 50 wizards could be 1.5/10.

2. There will be five attack cards. They will have the same stats of the ingame cards, except a few things different.

(picture of firecat)
Name: Firecat
Level:1+
School:Fire
Pips: 1 (explained next section)
Damage: 105,120,135 (to be explained)
Accuracy: 75% (yet again, to be explained xD)

The player draws three attack cards from deck and places them faced down on the surface. The picture of the spiral or maybe the logo is printed on the back. The player may look at these cards, but not let any of their team or opponent's team know. It will also be handy to have a pad of paper nearby. When the player attacks, the simply flip up the card, say who they attack, and the damage is delt. Player then draws a new card. You may put removed cards, faced down, behind your deck. Treasure cards are special, rare, cards that have a lower rate of getting then a grandmaster wizard card. They are shiny and have increased accuracy and attack, but, luckily, they don't disappear.

3. Although there aren't any pips cards, on the explanation card, there are seven punch out pips. Random times there may be a yellow pip, that's how power pips work in this game. Your opponent or someone from your team hold the pips in their hand so you cannot see them, unless you have all normal pips. At the beggining of each turn you take one. Same rules with pips as it is within the game.

4. There will be three charm cards. These aren't the same cards from the ingame ones, though. Because little kids who play with their friends won't be able to calculate the percents. Most of the blades and traps will be like +50 attack and are placed either under or ontop of the wizard you casted the charm on. Though, sometimes it will be like +250 to storm or +400 to ice. Plus, I doubt most people want to spend so much time just trying to calculate the damage and the boosts.

5. Damage is, what I think, probably the hardest part of making the TCG game of Wizard101.

I think the damage should depend on what level wizard compared to the opponent wizard you are attacking. If it's a low level attacking a high level, it should be lowest attack (105 for firecat) For levels who are a five levels apart or the same level it should be the average attack (120 for fircat) and high level attacking low levels should be the highest attack (135 for firecat)

6. And, finally, the last card of the deck should be a graphic card. It doesn't have any use in the actually game, but this would be the card that people use for trading, mainly. It would have a cool, I mean super cool, picture on it and a code covered by the gray stuff like they have on the gift card. So kids could trade it without having sucspiscions if it has been used or not. There should also be a fun fact on it, too!

~
Apart from idividual card decks, there should be tins, a.k.a. starter decks. The tins have 5 wizards, 15 attack spells, 10 charms, and three graphic cards(43).
~
Thank you for reading! I spent a lot of time on this idea, and I think it's really cool!

Jennifer Angleweaver
Rachel Rainhaven
Master of Ice and Storm.

that is like the best id ea ever i love tcg games and this will be ssooooooooooo popular in fact this company could make 3x's the amount they make now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
I was actually thinking of this before I read the first letter of the title.
My rules are more different and more complexed.

There are three types of cards, one with three branches and one with 10 branches. The first type are call status cards. Status cards show lvl, health, mana, school, and finally stats. The second type are gear cards. Gear cards are the ones with 10 branches. These cards increases health, mana, and stats! The branch call Deck will determine how many cards you can use. Pets all have a special ability, like for example: "The Imp is a very mischievous pet! Due to this, he can help you hit a more stronger hit! and it shows how much damage is increased. These are some ideas I'm willing to share, but I'll keep the rest private!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
I do agree (SO MUCH!) for this to happen! But, :( I already had ideas for this, and so .... I'm not going to tell ANYONE the ideas I have.

mman17, Matthew SpriteFriend, Lvl 45 Life and Death

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Ovelence wrote:
I was actually thinking of this before I read the first letter of the title.
My rules are more different and more complexed.

There are three types of cards, one with three branches and one with 10 branches. The first type are call status cards. Status cards show lvl, health, mana, school, and finally stats. The second type are gear cards. Gear cards are the ones with 10 branches. These cards increases health, mana, and stats! The branch call Deck will determine how many cards you can use. Pets all have a special ability, like for example: "The Imp is a very mischievous pet! Due to this, he can help you hit a more stronger hit! and it shows how much damage is increased. These are some ideas I'm willing to share, but I'll keep the rest private!

I like your idea a lot, Overlence! I think the prisms should say "The Fire Prism could not be made, without the Ice Prism ... add an Ice Prism, too ..."

The Hydra pet is very strong, add 55 Damage to every spell you cast with it.

The Zilla pets are very powerful, add 2% More Power pips onto the total amount.

The Firewing pets, they are very mischevious. -5% Power Pips.

The three Hound pets, they are very loyal. +1% Precision to your school.

The Oni pets are intellegent. +2% Defense of all

All of the Life pets have a +5% Health intake.

Those are some of my ideas, PLEASE DO NOT STEAL THEM!

mman17 :D