Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are the Houses too Expensive or inexpensive?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
I don't know when this came to me, but some of the houses are a bit overpriced. For instance, the Krokotopiaian house that is I beleive 20,000 should be marked as 10,000, for it is not very big, and also, in MooShu, I bought the smaller house, which was 20,000, too. I think it should be around 15,000. But, as for the Second Wizard City house, I think it is UNDERpriced. I think it should be 20,000 not 15,000. And, the final Dragonspyre house should be 45,000. The second MooShu house, I think is fine. Does anybody else think so?

Hannah Dragonsword, level 42 fire

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I think they are really high priced. Heck, even the freaking school houses are ridiculously priced.

I mean, at least make the first-tier houses around 10,000, and maybe make the 2nd tier houses 25,000. I know the school houses are supposed to be really extravagant and large, but 70,000 gold is too much man.

Same thing with the mounts. At least make the permanent broom mounts somewhat cheap.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
IxionInc wrote:
I think they are really high priced. Heck, even the freaking school houses are ridiculously priced.

I mean, at least make the first-tier houses around 10,000, and maybe make the 2nd tier houses 25,000. I know the school houses are supposed to be really extravagant and large, but 70,000 gold is too much man.

Same thing with the mounts. At least make the permanent broom mounts somewhat cheap.

School houses are 100,000 or so i believe, 10k over a tiger or male lion mount. The prices for school houses are just fine, for they are also CROWN items, the reason they charge so much in gold is cause they want to encourage you to buy the items WITH CROWNS. This way they get money to pay their employes and buy the nessisary stuff to keep wizard101 up and running as well as add things on to it

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
I agree with IxionInc, the houses are WAY over priced!! I thinkj wizard 101 should change that so people dont have to waste there gold!!!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
The housing prices are fine, im lvl 49 and have way to much money to do anything with as it is now.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
I believe they are a little high priced, when some already pay a monthly subscription.
buying crowns is like having to pay twice .

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
NO. When kids in the game ask me about mounts and school houses, I tell them to quest to grand and the rest will follow. All these items are reasonably priced for grand masters. The non-school houses and mansions are easily acquired before getting to grand master. Probably the biggest in-game advantage comes from purchasing (with gold) a mount for the account, and should be your first purchase over a house or mansion. Also, from time to time mounts are on sale which makes it easier to acquire one. Shop and buy wisely.