Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So does anyone talk about fire?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
If you ever notice in a pvp that a fire grand that gets 2 power pips and immolate can deal out like 700+ damage on the first turn?

Delver
May 31, 2009
have you noticed that fire people don`t use traps unless they are using helephant? Its pointless a fire elf could strip you of your shields and leave you wide open for anything a fire player want to hit you with. This is another case of double attacks.

Why don`t more fire players use heck hound? Only triton can do more damage and that only because of the three traps and a fient. Think it through a heck hound does 120 per pip, now with just an elemental blade, a fire blade, and 7 power pips. That does not include a wildfire and equipment bonuses.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Yeah, assuming you have good damage bonuses and the opponent has pretty much no resists. Not to mention the obvious fact that you take some damage yourself.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Well, of course. For fire, 2 powerpips= immolate which is 4 pips regularly. Plus add all the GM gear (the damage, anyways). And boom!

My pyro is currently working on getting up to 48, and she can deal 736 damage with immolate without any blades, etc. All because of her gear.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
dont get fire into the card mess up. immolate is one of are best spells without it we would be screwed in marleybone.
carlos willowstaff lvl 50 fire
joseph griffinhorn lvl 50 balance
carlos willowstaff lvl 43 life

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
What type of thread is this? The way I hear it, you're saying Fire people could use better strategies or what? My first wizard was Fire and yes, we do use traps once in a while and yes we do use heckhound. Oh and to take the notch off straight, the spell Heckhound does only around 50 fire damage every turn for one pip, not 120 for one pip as it says on the card. Some Fire students doesn't compare to the rest of them and their moves. I think all of you should use your words more carefully next time.

~Blaze DragonFlame Level 50 Grandmaster Fire

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
exactly so how come no one complains aoubt it? Players only complain about the spells that they want.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
have you noticed that fire people don`t use traps unless they are using helephant? Its pointless a fire elf could strip you of your shields and leave you wide open for anything a fire player want to hit you with. This is another case of double attacks.

Why don`t more fire players use heck hound? Only triton can do more damage and that only because of the three traps and a fient. Think it through a heck hound does 120 per pip, now with just an elemental blade, a fire blade, and 7 power pips. That does not include a wildfire and equipment bonuses.

Finally, someone who understands Heckhound! Although old, Heckhound is a great spell. It does 120 damage a pip and also does damage over 3 rounds, so a shield isn't going to work well. I have fought Jade Oni before with a group of friends and i made Heckhound do 2000 damage EVERY ROUND without any prisims and/or treasure traps and blades. We did use spells like Feint though. Anyway, the best spells for fire is shielding, blades, Choke (even though i don't use it), Immolate (for deleting Feint, Hex, etc.) and Heckhound, Helephant, and Fire dragon, with the obvious trapping i left out. Good luck in arena man!

Best regards,
Hunter Thunderdust, level 38 Fire, in the negative rankings

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
My first wizard is also a fire I have many more now but always go back to my first wizard FYI there are cards out there that can be made such as ice elf and storm elf these to can remove shields and give the player a chance to attack with more force in pvp.
I also pvp with my fire but I do NOT use stun unless it is needed badly to get to another attack or shield card. What I have seen for example is other none fire wizards use fire minion in pvp ths i rarely use also unless the other player summons a minion its 1v1 when I duel.
Fallon Shadowheart Grandmaster fire
Fallon Grandmaster death
Fallon Grandmaster storm
Fallon Grandmaster ice
Fallon Grandmaster balance
Fallon Grandmaster life
Have fun stay safe :-)

Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
faxbot882 wrote:
My first wizard is also a fire I have many more now but always go back to my first wizard FYI there are cards out there that can be made such as ice elf and storm elf these to can remove shields and give the player a chance to attack with more force in pvp.
I also pvp with my fire but I do NOT use stun unless it is needed badly to get to another attack or shield card. What I have seen for example is other none fire wizards use fire minion in pvp ths i rarely use also unless the other player summons a minion its 1v1 when I duel.
Fallon Shadowheart Grandmaster fire
Fallon Grandmaster death
Fallon Grandmaster storm
Fallon Grandmaster ice
Fallon Grandmaster balance
Fallon Grandmaster life
Have fun stay safe :-)

i think the minion is a great idea in arena IF you are 1v1. if you use him correctly with the right amount of pips, and cast your heck houd the same round he cast the fire elf then all shields are taken care of for 3 rounds so that heck hound can do effective damage. but that is if you are using the minion/elf/hound technique, there is one other technique he works well on other than that he's just another moron minion and is basically useless. :)