Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I think most people forget this

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Judgement...scratch that all balance attacks besides spctral blast and hydra, can only use 5 boosts and the 4th and 5th you need a death. MY highest with judgement is lets say maybe around 8900-9100 yeah thats about right. But thats against a myth creature with feint,hex,curse,balance,blade, and my 40% clothing boost.

If you think about it that is really weak compared to max damage for other schools. Because if lets say a storm has a death and a balance to help boost they can get way over that every other school besides balance can use balance's generic boosts plus its elemental and spiritual traps and blades, their own traps and blades, feint and curse, and in storms case windstorm. Add all of that up and it makes balance look weak not to mention our generic blades are weaker then any other blade in the game.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
MasterColeman wrote:
Judgement...scratch that all balance attacks besides spctral blast and hydra, can only use 5 boosts and the 4th and 5th you need a death. MY highest with judgement is lets say maybe around 8900-9100 yeah thats about right. But thats against a myth creature with feint,hex,curse,balance,blade, and my 40% clothing boost.

If you think about it that is really weak compared to max damage for other schools. Because if lets say a storm has a death and a balance to help boost they can get way over that every other school besides balance can use balance's generic boosts plus its elemental and spiritual traps and blades, their own traps and blades, feint and curse, and in storms case windstorm. Add all of that up and it makes balance look weak not to mention our generic blades are weaker then any other blade in the game.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, people are complaining about judgement because of its power in pvp purposes, the average arena wizard would have say, about 2500 health, NOT 8900-9100. In pvp, the aim is not to overkill your opponent its just to kill your opponent, judgement can be used quickly and easily to kill any opponent pretty much (except, maybe ice). \Of course other attacks can hit higher but the reason judgement is so loethal is because it does 100 per pip which is the highest amount of damage a one hit attack per pip spell can do (that means its the highest excluding heck hound, storm hound, etc). The other reason its so lethal is because it doesnt have a proper shield to protect against it. There is no balance shield and if a balance used judgement with a feint, hex on the opponent and a balanceblade and a bladestorm on the balance and if there was a tower shield on the opponent AND even if the balance wasnt on completely full pips definitely no storm could survive that and i doubt a fire,myth,death and life could either.

Balance needs a shield and in these new updates it could do with a better attack spell like a balance giant or soemthing :-).

Nathan StormRider
GrandMaster Storm
Commander:845

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
MasterColeman wrote:

The best moves in the game are the rank X dogs, if the person is school and has full power pips. BUT hydra is probably much stronger then judgement, speaking how high you can go. Since it has tree heads you can do triple of each feint & curse. You can also use 30% & 20% & 25% blades. Then use elemental blades and traps and you have a great hit!

Delver
May 31, 2009
again with this arguement, judgement can do the third highest damage in the game. balance takes time to attack which leaves it open to all sorts of attacks from every school.!

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
actually a full pip judgement with hex feint and both blades cant killl anything with a tower. Remember tower activates after all the other traps and bldes it cuts the final amount in half and in pvp that isnt very much.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
MasterColeman wrote:
actually a full pip judgement with hex feint and both blades cant killl anything with a tower. Remember tower activates after all the other traps and bldes it cuts the final amount in half and in pvp that isnt very much.

Wrong. Tower shield doesnt activate last they go off in order of the latest trap/shield on is the earliest to come off. If you put a tower on after the feint and hex then yes it would go off first but if you put it on after the feint and/or hex then it will be the first to go off and is completely useless so the only way to get a tower shield to go off last and survive is to but it on before the hex and feint. And if you do that then the balance wizard will probably just wand it off and carry on. Not to mention, if you arent first then the balance wizard can already see the tower shield on there and can plan his attack by using treasure pierce or treasure steal shield. The balance combo of:
Balanceblade+Bladestorm+Feint+Hex-Tower shield+Judgement=Easy win for the balance wizard.

Balance needs a shield. End Of.

Defender
May 31, 2009
The balance combo of:
Balanceblade+Bladestorm+Feint+Hex-Tower shield+Judgement=Easy win for the balance wizard.

I suspect if you don't know what you are doing, you're right, it is.

However, for those who know how to "anticipate", I think you'll find that the Achillies Heal to Judgement is that it is very, VERY predictable. In the scenario above it would take 5 rounds to cast judgement if THAT WAS ALL they were trying to do. That's five rounds they aren't shielding or doing anything else. When you see this happening, does it really take a rocket scientist to know that it's time to start throwing out Tower shields, or weakness, or Steal blades? SOOO many things CAN be done!

PLUS - unlike any other school, once a balance blade is cast, ANY attack will use their blades, including ANY wand spell. So, if your any other school you can blade up but still use other school spells to bust Tower Shields, but once down the path to building up, Balance wizards are stuck.

This is NOT a bash against Balance - I recognize that at the really high levels of pvp a great many of them are Balance Wizards. It's not coincidence. However, as FIRE I do very well against Balance. I have not lost going first against Balance in months, and even going second I can still steal a win every once in a while, which is more than I can say against Storm or Myth.

Yes, Judgement is powerful. Yes, Balance wizards do very well in all facets of pvp (1v1 and team). BUT, Balance wizards ARE beatable, and there are strategies that work against Judgement. For those of you who think that Judgement is Unfair or Overly Powerful, play a bit more instead of channeling your energies into complaining and I'm sure you, too, will come up with a strategy.

mlb

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
again with this arguement, judgement can do the third highest damage in the game. balance takes time to attack which leaves it open to all sorts of attacks from every school.!

Exactly. While the sorcerer is planning your attack, THATS the time for you personally to act.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Caspeen wrote:
The balance combo of:

However, for those who know how to "anticipate", I think you'll find that the Achillies Heal to Judgement is that it is very, VERY predictable. In the scenario above it would take 5 rounds to cast judgement if THAT WAS ALL they were trying to do. That's five rounds they aren't shielding or doing anything else. When you see this happening, does it really take a rocket scientist to know that it's time to start throwing out Tower shields, or weakness, or Steal blades? SOOO many things CAN be done!

PLUS - unlike any other school, once a balance blade is cast, ANY attack will use their blades, including ANY wand spell. So, if your any other school you can blade up but still use other school spells to bust Tower Shields, but once down the path to building up, Balance wizards are stuck.

This is NOT a bash against Balance - I recognize that at the really high levels of pvp a great many of them are Balance Wizards. It's not coincidence. However, as FIRE I do very well against Balance. I have not lost going first against Balance in months, and even going second I can still steal a win every once in a while, which is more than I can say against Storm or Myth.

Yes, Judgement is powerful. Yes, Balance wizards do very well in all facets of pvp (1v1 and team). BUT, Balance wizards ARE beatable, and there are strategies that work against Judgement. For those of you who think that Judgement is Unfair or Overly Powerful, play a bit more instead of channeling your energies into complaining and I'm sure you, too, will come up with a strategy.

mlb

Interesting point, but where on this post do you tell me the answer to the problem of tower shield getting destroyed first if it was placed on after the feint and hex? No point answering one point just to completely miss the other one. Especially when that one is just as, if not more important in this issue, than the other.

Nathan StormRider
Warlord Rank 1715

Defender
May 31, 2009
If you put a tower on after the feint and hex then yes it would go off first but if you put it on after the feint and/or hex then it will be the first to go off and is completely useless so the only way to get a tower shield to go off last and survive is to but it on before the hex and feint.

Completely useless? Oh, Egad.

Can't say I've ever faced this situation, but unless KI uses Bizarro Math, here's a news flash:

Judgement ( say 1000) * balance blade (1.35) * Blade Storm (1.35) * Hex (1.3) * Feint (1.7) * Tower Shield (.5) [Tower FIRST scenario] is the SAME THING as

Judgement * balance blade * Blade Storm * Tower Shield * Hex * Feint [Tower LAST scenario] and is the same thing as

Judgement * balance blade * Blade Storm * Hex * Tower Shield * Feint [Tower in between scenario]

Regardless of whether the Tower comes before, in between, or after the Hex and Feint, the damage in the end is always the same. Feel free to crunch the numbers, but you should get the same answer for each scenario.

where on this post do you tell me the answer to the problem of tower shield getting destroyed first if it was placed on after the feint and hex

What problem? However, if I remember correctly, I think all the answers you are looking for come at around rank 1800.

Best of luck to you in finding a successful strategy in a non-Balance Shield world. I'm sure you'll get there...

mlb
Warlord Rank 1969

Explorer
May 09, 2009
Caspeen wrote:
The balance combo of:

mlb

I agree, I beat a very good balance, he may have had 1500 health, but he had 40% resist to all schools and he kept sheilding. Using 2 ice armors, I resisted 3 judgements and barely came back to beat him.