Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

do you "dig" marleybone or dread it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
i personally dont like it that much, i would rather be in mooshu marleybone to me is hard and very easy to get into battle. what do you think???????????

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I "dig" it... like six feet deep in the middle of the desert, or at the bottom of the ocean, or out in space somewhere... I have a new character in MB now...ughhh :-(

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Wow. Maybe we are long lost twins!

I do not like MB. I love MS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah Dragonsword lvl 42 fire

Delver
May 31, 2009
MB is a big step up compared to kroktopia, so it can be intimidating.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
Explorer
Mar 01, 2010
I kinda like marleybone but it is not my fav. I love dragonspyre. It has the best battle music. I got a stradegy to avoid getting in a battle. On every rooftop of marleybone there will be junk or pipes or other stuff. I hardly get into a battle. I meen every once in a while i get into one but just in case i ever do i always pack treasure cards.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
MB would be fine but i have no in game hand eye so the streets are a nightmare for me it takes me 10 minutes to get somewhere cause of all the fights i get in.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Eh. Not my favorite. Still stuck on Conrail's Quests. I try not to get pulled into battle by gluing myself to the sides. I wish there were sidewalks. At least the night stars are pretty. The houses are awesome. I got a sneakpeak of Mooshu, and I say I would prefer it over Marleybone. But I would prefer Marleybone over Krokotopia. Alhazred makes his lessons on Spell-Casting SO BORING. I wonder if there's any secrets in Marleybone. I'm gonna find out before my membership ends.

Note to self- Stop stepping on little cats so Prospector Zeke can find them a home.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
This realm just about wiped us out. I have a family account and both my kids almost stopped playing. It wasn't "too hard" just really really tedious for long stretches. First, those ramps are a nightmare to navigate. One wrong move with the arrow key and you're stuck under or in a corner and to get free you end up in a random battle. Put that kind of thing in a dungeon and it's exciting. Put it on every single street and corner and it's no longer fun. Plus, too many of the quests just felt like killing time (all that work for - the policeman's ball?!) After a few nights where not a single quest got finished thanks to all the accidental battles and ramp mishaps my kids were really starting to lose interest in playing period.

I just got my character through and into MooShu and now they're both back trying to get through Marleybone as fast as they can just to get out of it. So far, MooShu is great. A few tight corners and obstacles here and there to keep you on your toes, but enough room in most areas so you can run through and enjoy the scenery without that dread of yet another accidental battle hanging over your head.

It's tough to balance these things, so hopefully this may help make some improvements for future players. This was, so far, the only realm that didn't measure up. We all loved Krokotopia and Wizard City.

One other thing: too many dungeons in MB. Our kids get limited computer time each day and not being able to do a quest, or getting stuck half way and having to start over and over just because your time is up can really be defeating. The other realms had a better mix so you could pick and choose when to sink into a dungeon or pass it by for another day when you had a full session of time ready.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I hate MB. I am working on my third Wizard now and dread going there again. The cats and rats are annoying, and the sidewalks are ..well, you all know :D
The monsters are not hard at all, but I just hate the sidewalk system.
Also the quests to deliver party invites and hats to the ladies are really annoying and time consuming.
I love MS world the best. ( excpet of cave of solitude of course)