Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

quests and side quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
i thought it would be nice to have a checklist for all the quests and sidequests. then you could check to see if you've missed any.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I don't know, you can kind of tell if you have many quests left. Just look for the exclamation things.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
I agree! I mean, I really want to level up to grandmaster but I can't find enough quests to take me that high! I liked to do Mooshu quests, but I got the three badges (Peacemaker, Purifier, Spirit walker) and I can't find anymore! I'm guessing that I finished all the quests, but I don't have the badge that proves it. (I think there is one, at least)

I'm interested in the Dragonspyre badges. I have ghostbuster right now and I'm trying to get the rest. I searched on the wiki, but I think it'd be so much easier just to have a list, the NPC who gives the quest and where the NPC is.

Delver
May 31, 2009
Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
What if you could sort your quests by world where the quest was given? Then you don't need to look through 50 quests before you find the right one.

Jesbbag2
Evan
Evan
Evan

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
jesbbag2 wrote:
What if you could sort your quests by world where the quest was given? Then you don't need to look through 50 quests before you find the right one.

Jesbbag2
Evan
Evan
Evan

I like this one.

Wish there was also option to drop a quest if you pick it up by mistake (Didn't mean to finish the NPC conversation..).

Survivor
Jun 12, 2012
that world be awesome for doing a side quest then having to look for the main quest later and you forgot what it was.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
This is an idea for next update
when you press "Q" or click on the quest tab you go directly to the quest page. What i want to happen is when i do this it opens up to the page of the current quest. some times i have like 3 or 4 pages or more of quest and its a pain to have to page over to your current quest.
So what do you think

bluefeather8989

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
Maybe there could be a slot in your quest book that shows what quests you've already completed. I think it would be cool just to remember all those past quests

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Currently when you are offered a quest assignment from an NPC it is often ambiguous whether it is an assignment for an existing quest or the beginning of a new quest. Which quest is the assignment for? Especially when NPCs have several discussion items to choose from. Often when talking to an NPC related to my active quest I accidently accept a sidequest without realizing it and I am no longer on the quest I thought I was on.

I have also noticed that sometimes an overall quest is 'broken' into segments such that it appears that you have lost the quest you are working on (gone from your quest book, and arrow no longer points), but really you just need to talk to the NPC to initiate the next part of the quest. (this happened to me last night. I was in the middle of a story quest that disappeared from my quest book until I talked to an NPC and got the next assignment -> confusing.)

It would be excellent if quests were identified, so you could easily identify one story quest path from another. The overall story quest could be identified by a key word, or a color. For example the main quest tasks could be identified with blue, wherase helping Johnny build a house is identified with green. When Johnny presents you with two assignments you can clearly understand which story each assigment belongs to.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Hi wizards!

I have had a recent idea for the quest log. Often, many people forget which quest is their main storyline quest. Then, they have to go and find it which could be hard if they don't remember what they were doing before in the storyline.

So: My idea is that in your quest log, the main quest could maybe have a little icon next to it that says "main storyline quest" That way people will know which quest is their main, and which is a side quest.

Also: When you get to higher levels and complete a small storyline quest to get a new spell/pet, that could have an icon next to it that says "new spell/pet quest"

Well, those are my ideas. Tell me what you think!

- Angela Dragonstone

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wizardrokz on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
Hi wizards!

I have had a recent idea for the quest log. Often, many people forget which quest is their main storyline quest. Then, they have to go and find it which could be hard if they don't remember what they were doing before in the storyline.

So: My idea is that in your quest log, the main quest could maybe have a little icon next to it that says "main storyline quest" That way people will know which quest is their main, and which is a side quest.

Also: When you get to higher levels and complete a small storyline quest to get a new spell/pet, that could have an icon next to it that says "new spell/pet quest"

Well, those are my ideas. Tell me what you think!

- Angela Dragonstone
Yes, it's been suggested tons of times. KI has done nothing, although I haven't seen anyone say it's a bad idea. Main story line quests need to be marked as such.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hey. If there's something I've noticed, it's that missions aren't clearly organized in the Wizard101 Quest Log. Main quests are indiscernible from Side quests, which leads to a lot of confusion and wasted time. So, this idea would introduce: The Main Quest Marker! There would simply be an Icon on the Quest Description (next to the Review Dialogue Button) that shows, say, the Wizard101 Icon. You could also change the color of the Quest Helper to Green or Blue when it's on your Main Quest (this could be toggled on and off in the Advanced Gameplay Options section). All feedback is appreciated!

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Level 90 Diviner, Lord of the Falling Sky

Go Sparks!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
bionaknight on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
Hey. If there's something I've noticed, it's that missions aren't clearly organized in the Wizard101 Quest Log. Main quests are indiscernible from Side quests, which leads to a lot of confusion and wasted time. So, this idea would introduce: The Main Quest Marker! There would simply be an Icon on the Quest Description (next to the Review Dialogue Button) that shows, say, the Wizard101 Icon. You could also change the color of the Quest Helper to Green or Blue when it's on your Main Quest (this could be toggled on and off in the Advanced Gameplay Options section). All feedback is appreciated!

Cya in the Spiral,

Go Sparks!
Yes, it's been suggested and requested for years.
Nothing has been done ... yet.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
bionaknight on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:

Cya in the Spiral,

Go Sparks!
Agreed.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Yes, this is a great idea. I sometimes lose the main quest.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
When you are actively questing and must talk to an NPC, sometimes 4 different discussion topics are presented to the player. Which one is relevant?

Please KI, if a player has an active quest and talks to an NPC, can you please highlight the relevant topic to choose?

Sometimes I listen through the topics (declining all) and I still can't figure it out.

Normally when I talk to someone (in the real world) they don't suddenly give me 3 unrelated topics to choose from. We stay on topic until the conversation concludes. If I'm trying to solve a murder mystery I'm really not interested in collecting wild flowers! (unfortunately in this game collecting wildflowers might be related to the murder mystery... so its actually the item to pick! But how do I know??)

I believe this is a realistic and legitimate request that would improve the game.

~ RottenHeart

Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
I just think that its really hard to organize what quest will I do next because they're all mixed up! I just wish they were separated idk by worlds or something anyone agree?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Merlinthewitch on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
I just think that its really hard to organize what quest will I do next because they're all mixed up! I just wish they were separated idk by worlds or something anyone agree?
Not if you do them as you accept them...not difficult at all.

Historian
May 06, 2009
One of the most common things that pops up on the Message Boards is "I lost my Quest!!!" "Lost Quest" "I can't find my quest" etc. KI has tried to handle this by making main line quests undeclinable. While this idea seems promising, I think Wizards are still going to get lost every now and again. I think I found a solution to this problem for all our quests:

A Quest Type Indicator!

This is actually a set up used in our sister game, Pirate101. At the top right corner of every quest, a sign will be marked on it. The first quest you will always see is you're main story quest. It as a Gold Chalice printed on it. A side quest will have a knife on an X marked Paper. The Class sign will appear on a quest if you are doing a quest assigned by a teacher. Why doesn't Wizard101 have this set up?

Well, we've started this but we haven't exploited it. Currently, our only Quest Indicator is an one that comes up if you are ever in a dungeon. On the upper right hand side will be a picture of an sigil sign, telling you this is a dungeon quest. We need more of these to help Wizards stay on track with there quests. Here's what I'm thinking. In the same place as the Sigil sign used in Dungeons we would have:

A Book Icon used to indicate this is a Main Story Line quest. This will always be the first quest you see.
A Page Icon will be used to tell a Quest is a side quest
A School Icon used for school quests in achieving new spells or school only pets
A Sigil Icon will be seen for Dungeon and Instance quests

These quests indicators will appear prior to accepting the quest so you will know which quests (if multiple quests are given at one time) are Main line and which are side quest. The Main Story Line quest will still remain undeclinable.

If you ever leave Wizard101 during a quest line, Ambrose and your professors will now remind you where you left off last time you were on, similar to Pirate101 where characters Boochbeard, Gandry, Bonnie Anne, MooShu 5 and/or Ratbeard will remind you what you were doing when you were last on. This reminder will ony remind you of the overall quest line goal, not the specific quest you are own. Ambrose will appear on the side of your screen. Just click on him and he should say...

Ambrose: On it's wonderful to see you again, Young Wizard. When you last left Wizard101 you were...
Cyrus: Preparing to stop Malistaire of his twisted schemes in Dragonspyre in the Great Spyre. Make haste! Or the whole Spiral could be in ruin
Ambrose: Sounds like a grand adventure. Be careful, Young Wizard.
or
Ambrose: Hello, again, Young Wizard! It's been a while since you last left your studies. Let me try to remember. Last time you were in the Spiral...
Gama: You were trying to stop Morganthe from getting to the last Pyramid in Azteca. But you'll need to find the Oracle in Floating Mountain first. Maybe she knows where it is...
Ambrose: Have fun, Young wizard!

This is the overall concept. Tell me what you think

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I agree, maybe they could do something where they separate the quests by worlds and then you just click the tab with the world you want to do. That would make it a lot easier especially if you only do the main quest and come back later....I do that, i get two worlds ahead then go back to the first one and do all the side quests to level up. It works fine.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
They actually did this in P101. Your main quest is first, followed by trainer quests, searching quests and then side quests. I think they should bring this into W101. I keep forgetting which is my main quest and then end up doing the side quest thinking that it is a main quest

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
This issue has been bugging me (Joseph Pixietamer ) and my friend (Kevin Dragonheart ) for a while.
All we need is like for the name of the quest just put "Main" in paranthesis. That is all thank you.

Joseph Pixietamer level 11

Joseph Icestalker level 24

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Well, one way before you accpet them, you can't disline main quests. (If you're in Colossus Bolve. or Crab Alley, those are side quests, but the main quests in that area.)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BestLifeWiz on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
This issue has been bugging me (Joseph Pixietamer ) and my friend (Kevin Dragonheart ) for a while.
All we need is like for the name of the quest just put "Main" in paranthesis. That is all thank you.

Joseph Pixietamer level 11

Joseph Icestalker level 24
We've been asking for this for a long time; nothing has come of it yet. But I agree. Either mark them or automatically sort them into main and side quests.