Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new guy question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
can anyone please tell me what the obsidian chest's are in the boss fight rooms ive encountered 3 of them now and i cant interact with them thank you in advance

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Hi,as far as I know, the obsidian chests are part of a high level (poss 48+) quest. Only just getting to lvl47 myself,so should find out for definite soon.

Delver
May 31, 2009
They are part of a quest for dragonspyre in which you must assemble a staff out of the parts in the chests, then find a dragon hatchling, and finally ride use your staff and ride the hatchling up to fight malistiare in his lair. You don`t have to use the staff to fight malistiare it is just a quest for becoming a dragonrider(?). its 100 fire damage

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
pyrchaos wrote:
can anyone please tell me what the obsidian chest's are in the boss fight rooms ive encountered 3 of them now and i cant interact with them thank you in advance

They are part of a Dragonspire quest. The quest visits all the different worlds to recover the hidden parts of the Dragonrider Staff that you then need to finish crafting, etc, so you can ride the Dragon you hatched so s/he can fly you up to the final battle.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
the obsidian is a major quest in dragonspyre acadmey to get the dragon ridr pieces to assemble a dragon rider staff and ride a drake to malistaire.