Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Three New Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Three new schools of magic; Wow, thats a major deal! Not that we have any influence, but I think we should speak our minds. Name one school you want to be real and its specialty. I want there to be an earth school. It would have powerful damage cards and a global spell equivalent of balance blade (maybe some heal cards because soil makes plants grow).

Community Leader
I have to agree :) 3 new secondary schools of magic,Nice! looks like they are Sun,Moon and Stars. Soo interresting. I have a wizard waiting with all her training points to test the new schools :)
As we really don't know until the updates are released I even kept a new wizard open to see if you can use those as a main school or not.
We will need to wait until late summer, but I am sure it will be well worth the wait ;)

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
The new schools have already been "announced" (at least hinted at). If you look at the picture of the map thing on the Celestia announcement, you'll notice there are little circles for all the schools. You have your usual schools (Life, Death, Fire, Storm, Myth, Ice, Balance), and you also have three new ones with the symbols of a star, the sun, and the moon. I think the new books have already been programmed and will be Astral, Lunar, and Stellar, or something of the like.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
My own personal opinion is that KI is testing the waters with the new schools and that is why they are having them as secondary only. Perhaps later if there is alot of demand they will make them primary but for now I think they are having these new ones because just to see our feedback on the new schools and then go from there. Better to implement something first as a secondary and have people not like it and is easier for them to remove than if they added more primary schools and people not like them and it is harder to remove something that is a permanent fixture. KI has learned from their past mistakes although I still dont understand why they have so much stuff for sale for just crowns and not for gold also especially since the economy is not very good and not alot of people can afford to fork out crowns to get something that they could get for gold, like <cough> <cough> wings, etc. Many people can barely afford the monthly fees and not much extra. Why cant the henchmen be for gold also and not just for crowns? Not everyone has access to crowns BUT they do have access to GOLD.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Defender
Dec 17, 2008
astral and stellar are pretty much the same thing, it would be more like astral, lunar, and solar

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
The bubbles or global spells are my favorite kind, you know the things that go around the whole field such as wyldfire and sanctuary. I think that moon's bubble should be eclipse it would be +15% to all moon attacks since in an eclipse you see the moon a little more and -50% to all sun attacks since you can't see the sun in an eclipse. And sun's bubble cou;d be called corona and in case you don't know, the sun's corona is a field that surrounds it and is visible in a lunar eclipse as a very bright, and shining like looks like holiness or something white light. it could be +40% to all sun attacks and star's I don't really have one for it.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
matvince90 wrote:
astral and stellar are pretty much the same thing, it would be more like astral, lunar, and solar
how about lunar solar and cosmic

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Well, I cant tell you how many players I've heard talk about "If there were new schools they would be sun, moon, and stars." So if Kingisle is planning on implementing those schoools in game, it wouldnt really be a surprise. I say they should keep these schools a secret until they release. But, if you want my opinion, I say the new schools could be air (or wind), earth, and the third school could be space, like all aspects of space. Air (or wind) could oppose earth and space could oppose balance. Its not exactly clear why space would oppose balance, but its not exactly clear why storm opposes myth, right?

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
They already have an earth element. Its called life. Let me think. The natural elements are: fire,electricity,earth, and water. Which I think are covered, but the emotional elements not covered: hope, love ,friendship, bravery, hungery, loyaltiy, and faith. (I am not sure I got them all, but I am close.) I think these should be some of the new schools.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
matvince90 wrote:

Yeah, or it would be stellar, lunar, and solar and the three of them called the astral schools. But astral and stellar still mean the same thing, so maybe they'll just be called the celestial schools. I just remember someone saying astral schools is mentioned somewhere.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
May I ask something? Why Sun, Moon and Star? Why not Space?
Like, little UFO spells and meteors.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
It was most likely too general. For individual reasons, they need something more narrow.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
MeCatz wrote:
I have to agree :) 3 new secondary schools of magic,Nice! looks like they are Sun,Moon and Stars. Soo interresting. I have a wizard waiting with all her training points to test the new schools :)
As we really don't know until the updates are released I even kept a new wizard open to see if you can use those as a main school or not.
We will need to wait until late summer, but I am sure it will be well worth the wait ;)

I think it will be well worth to wait too. I didn't know they were even making three new schools. I wonder if the new schools will efect everyone, and if they do, it could possibly take away the training , the spell, and the experiance from that quest were we met all the teachers.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
ya gotta think there are 7 schools currently balance as the center life death myth and fire ice and storm. sun moon and star are really the only thing to fit that aspect if you want an earth school think of 2 other schools to fit the aspect wind and water are storm and ice sorta and they already have fire so you cant use any of them.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I dont care what the schools are, i just want some new ones. I think its a great idea

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
Ok. If they're going to make ANY new schools, just make one. If there are three, its too overwhelming. Everyone will buy back training points, and wont know which one to pick. I think the new school (if there's ONE new school) should be water. It's not really like any of the schools, if you think about it. Ice is Ice. It's frozen water. Storm is basically Lightning, and Thunder, maybe a little water, but who cares? Kinda think of the movie The Last Airbender, now THATS how water should be set up, clear and whitish, blueish.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
The basic Lunar attack, like blood bat or fire cat, should be something like Moon Rock, where a little meteor hits the center of the field and does, like, 80 damage to each opponent. The Solar one should be Sunspot, where the field starts boiling or flaming or something, and then flames shoot out and deal your opponents 80 damage each. I dont really know what the Astral one would be, but I don't think there should be any summoning in these. It should just be natural forces. eh, eh, whatya think?

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
darthliam8 wrote:
how about a school of disease with spells like black plauge?

That would be death

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
i would love to have an earth school. it would be alsome i think that the spells should be 2 trining points becuz they would be more powerful. it would be an amazing idea. professer ambrose listen WE WANT EARTH SCHOOL!!!!!!! :) :-P

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
I've been playing on the test realm and i can personally tell you that none of the spells in any of these schools are damage.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
I've been playing on the test realm and i can personally tell you that none of the spells in any of these schools are damage.

Ummm, there are damage boosting, pip boosting, accuracy boosting....all which do factor into total damage. While there isn't another 'deals xxx damage', there are these.

You can also get the polymorphing spells, which come with their own spells different than your own. Perhaps these would count.