Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best secondary for fire?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
I hear people say myth is best combo for fire (why?). I am thinking of life to satyr and then ice to tower but i'd like a second opinon

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Death to Ghoul right off the bat. Gives you a higher-accuracy card that also acts as a healing (since you get 1/2 damage back as health).

Ice to Tower Shield. (since you will have Ice/Storm shield and a Fire shield, you might alternatively take Death up to Life/Myth shield before going Ice for the Tower Shield).

Back to Death up to Feint.

Community Leader
Oh It really should depend On if your wanting to PvP or just more into PvE
on most of my wizards i found out doing Death to feint and then ice to tower
then do balance from the balance tree to get your elemental blades and traps.
I find this to work great for most questing and most pvp.
It gives you extra boost for your fire spells and shielding against enemies.

It really depends on How you play. Remember your school is your power, you hit strongest with your main school is what this means.

Hope this helps.

Delver
May 31, 2009
fire is one of the fizzle happy schools so yes you should pick up some life spells for healing. the ice tower shield can also come in handy if you are going to PvP, that being the real question will you PvP? if so get the tower shield I am undecided about feint for fire since so many of fire`s attacks do damage over three turns making a feint or any trap almost worthless, it would be nice for a helephant attack but setting it up in a PvP is a practiced move.

Understand that storm does a lot of damage,but the schools to watchout for in PvP are balance, myth, and ice so shielding against these types of attacks is important. fire has a shield against ice, the high tower is an excellent shield against balance, and life gives you a shield against myth and death (never underestimate these sneaky people). Dont forget to grab a stun block.

My personal suggestion to you is to develope your fire stratagy, fire has many great spells for messing up opponents, add to these the spells you use your training points on and you should do well. Get life at least to sprite and keep your health high.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Well, I am on my second Fire wizard right now. I have three accounts so I have the advantage of being able to make any healing cards I might need, etc.

On my first Fire, back when I only had one account, I took Life up to Satyr. Having Life at low levels gives you a few spells that, though not heavy hitters, are more accurate. Fire has a horrible tendency to fizzle. It also allows you to get the best healing spell, outside of actually being a Life wizard. So you can heal yourself, or other group members, when needed.

As a third school on my first Fire I took Ice. Ice can come in very handy at lower levels for a Fire Wizard. You also can't beat getting the Tower shield. It's really nice to have one shield that at least offers some protection against any attack.

But now that I am on to my second Fire I have changed things up a bit. Like I mentioned; I can make all the healing cards I need now. So I am taking Death up to Feint to start with, then taking Ice to Tower, again. Fire is supposed to be second strongest but it honestly doesn't have the number of buffs it needs to really prove that. So having feint will make my new Fire even stronger. And while I still have this wizard at lower levels some of those leeching spells really come in handy and can pull double duty with giving me an attack...which both boosts on balance, and heals me a little at the same time. Fire's health is pretty low, especially in the beginning, so having some of those Death leeching spells really help.

It really is about what you need to make your wizard work. If you have a way to get the healing cards you need, by other means...then take Death. If you don't then you will probably be very relieved that you picked Life...especially when you fizzle 2-3 times in a row and the mobs are really beating on you while you struggle to get a Fire spell out.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
fire is one of the fizzle happy schools so yes you should pick up some life spells for healing. the ice tower shield can also come in handy if you are going to PvP, that being the real question will you PvP? if so get the tower shield I am undecided about feint for fire since so many of fire`s attacks do damage over three turns making a feint or any trap almost worthless, it would be nice for a helephant attack but setting it up in a PvP is a practiced move.

Understand that storm does a lot of damage,but the schools to watchout for in PvP are balance, myth, and ice so shielding against these types of attacks is important. fire has a shield against ice, the high tower is an excellent shield against balance, and life gives you a shield against myth and death (never underestimate these sneaky people). Dont forget to grab a stun block.

My personal suggestion to you is to develope your fire stratagy, fire has many great spells for messing up opponents, add to these the spells you use your training points on and you should do well. Get life at least to sprite and keep your health high.
I agree i didnt think feint cause of fire elf scald and dragon and other spells that are dots or auras

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
personally i think that the best sceond school would always be the opposite. (fire-ice, storm-myth, etc) It means that you can easily beat opponents of your own school.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
nabsca wrote:
personally i think that the best sceond school would always be the opposite. (fire-ice, storm-myth, etc) It means that you can easily beat opponents of your own school.

No offense nabsca, but that is the lousy reason for choosing your secondary school. Every school that has an opposite school has a prism as part of their arsenal. What the prism does, when cast on your enemy, is convert your school damage to the opposite. So you don't need to learn a whole new school's spells just to be able to fight an opponent from your own school. The prism allows you to use any of your own school's spells instead (and continue to take advantage of those power pips, too!)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
AlecVolterra wrote:
I hear people say myth is best combo for fire (why?). I am thinking of life to satyr and then ice to tower but i'd like a second opinon

For fire, i agree with your combo life to satyr and ice to tower, people say death but feint is kinda of useless since fire focus on run on attacks like Fire elf, Fire Dragon, etc. Unless your one of those people who use helephant all the time, but if your trying to pvp i wouldnt pick death as secodary since fire is usually good in 4v4 or 3v3 2v2 but they are also great in 1v1 but most fire prefer team based pvp.