Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance school= WAY TOO POWERFUL!! (UPDATED)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38 ) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

KI should do something to limit shields or judgement, do you agree?

EDIT:

Yea, it's true. It's not that balance is too powerful, it's that I'm too weak. Does somebody know how to beat someone with two many storm shields, everyone is freaked out about storm being SOOOOOOO dangerous that they shield me out! Somebody give me some tips! I am desperate! :? :-(

I do not have the crowns to buy back my training points. Tell me what to include or exclude from my deck.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
alyshaya wrote:
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

Hmm....
My friend used a Raith in battle and it did over 5,000.
Wild Bolt is 1,000 for 2 pips.
Storm Lord is a lot a damage for all enemies.
Helephant, if used right can do a lot too.
Centaur is a strong spell if used right.
Ice Colossus, altho not the strongest ice spell, can work very nicely if used with buffs.

The point is, Judgement isn't the only powerful spell. It takes a while to get a bunch of pips and some buffs actually cost a pip.

Did you know that clothes give resistance? They also give health and mana.
At level 12 I was able to have over 1,000 health because of my equipment. And I'm sure we all know how VERY high that is for a level 12.

I am working on leveling a new life wizard who is now level 15, and I don't really see a health diference. That leads me to conclude that there isn't really much of, if any, health diference for schools.

So please just have fun in arena instead of getting upset. It's just a game and shouldn't ruin your day.

Good luck and I hope you win lots of matches!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

Survivor
May 18, 2009
I disagree completely. I am a lvl 49 balance wizard and I don't always win in pvp. Actually, I lose a lot of the time. Also, all of the other schools have very high spells where the only high spells in balance are judgement and power nova (which doesn't have a lot of damage until grand gear). For judgement you have to wait a long time for a lot of pips where in that time your opponent could kill you. As for the weaknesses, you could easily disable those with one of those spells that come with your wand. I wouldn't be complaining because every school has something weak about it. For example

storm- weak health
life- weak attack spells
death- weak sheilds (sometimes)

and there are many more that go with all other schools. All you have to do is try your best and you will win, not always, but most of the time.

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Oh boy, not ANOTHER post complaining about Balance!
Point A: I am a Balance wizard, and I have no shields in my deck. Zip. So please don't go making assumptions. Also if you here; http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Level_Chart, it shows that Balance is tied with Life. Besides, you can shield too!

Point B: What?! Death has more buffs than Balance! Besides, Balance is a support school, it's SUPPOSED to have buffs.

Point C: Spirit Armor isn't the only shield on this planet. As I've mentioned on numerous posts, you can also mess up a Judgment with Weakness, Tower Shield, Ice Armor, Black Mantle, and as you said, Spirit Armor.

Also: If you look at Heckhound, you will notice 125 damage per pip, while Judgment has 100 damage per pip. That's a big difference. Seen the card Wild Bolt? 1000 damage for two pips, vs. Balance's 200 damage for two pips? So please, don't think that Balance is too powerful. I have been beaten plenty of times. Every strategy has a weakness, including the Balanceblade+Hex+Bladestorm+Power Pips+Judgment=Instant Win strategy. Adjust your strategy for fighting Balance, and in no time at all, you'll be wiping out whole crowds of Balance wizards.
~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
i'm sorry i'm missing the point here. You want KI to get ride of balance BEST card and only really good one in fact, cause your bad at pvp? buy some tower shield cards from library or train for it! Or do a 2v2? Balance mostly only do 1v1 or only be a buff in 2v2/+

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
They take a while to build up damage as well, which can eaily be lowered with traps and weaken. And if you got hit that much damage, where was your shielding? If I had a lot more time, I could point out a lot of things how Balance is not over powered.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
well i see where your going but our only huge hit spell is judgement hydra maybe if buffed with a balance blade, a elemental blade, hex and an elemental trap and as for the fourteen pip attack it's all ruined with a tower shield and hydra is if you do that to so train up to get a tower shield or buy the treasure cards....... OR DEAL WITH IT!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
i'm sorry i'm missing the point here. You want KI to get ride of balance BEST card and only really good one in fact, cause your bad at pvp? buy some tower shield cards from library or train for it! Or do a 2v2? Balance mostly only do 1v1 or only be a buff in 2v2/+

I agree. You guys have to realize something. Judgement is balance's ONLY power. Without it, balance is nothing. You dont understand how hard it is for balance to only have ONE good card. Do you understand how frusterating it was for me to solo BEFORE I had judgement? It was super hard for me! Try playing a balance wizard and then tell me how much of a breeze it is, okay.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
What makes balance so powerful is that most wizards fighting them have no sense of imagination, talent, deck construction, or strategy.

If you see a balance wizard start putting up balanceblade, dragonblade, feint, hex, etc. and you don't put up weaknesses and tower shields, just quit and go look for Malistaire groups or something else on par with your intelligence and ability in the game. Balance is so much easier to counter than other schools, because weaknesses and tower shields can be bypassed from school-specific blades and elemental/spirit blades by a wand that isn't in your primary school.

I simply have no sympathy for people who whine and cry about balance because, more often than not, it's based on them, not the balance wizard.

Hint - what do fire elf, poison, and frost touch have in common? GASP!

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
Ok first off I am a level 33 sorcerer and yes I have judgement. I just want to let you know but judgement isn't THAT powerful. I do have to agree though it's power is unimaginable when mastered. My instructer always said "balance takes longer to master but when you do it is inimaginable" Those words were the source of my balance magic, they changed my life. Yes we have alot of shields and blades like balance blade or weakness. We have alot more then just the two but for all you wizards new to balance prepare for those two spells, you get them very early. I am so excited now I can use the spell donate power! It gives two pips to a friend. Every school is powerful in its own way just remember that.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
Balance is not as powerful as you think. I am a level 22 Balance wizard and I get beat up ALL the time in Ranked PVP. I say Storm is the most powerful because most Storm wizards have Wild Bolt (1000 damage) which really helps in deafeating me. I have 1563 health.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
All I have to say is that they don't have any good attack spells so defenses is all they get. If your are playing 4v4, 3v3, or 2v2 teamwork is the key and that is probably why they win, they know teamwork.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
alyshaya wrote:

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

I dont think abalnce is hard as a school it depends on the wizard who is balance, same with storm people say storm is way too strong but think about it, they have low ACC and HP, in order to be a great storm you need greta gear that depends on the person will he get gear that focus on health and acc or will he go with the flow and wear anything? Which applys to balance as well

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
englishdude wrote:
I disagree completely. I am a lvl 49 balance wizard and I don't always win in pvp. Actually, I lose a lot of the time. Also, all of the other schools have very high spells where the only high spells in balance are judgement and power nova (which doesn't have a lot of damage until grand gear). For judgement you have to wait a long time for a lot of pips where in that time your opponent could kill you. As for the weaknesses, you could easily disable those with one of those spells that come with your wand. I wouldn't be complaining because every school has something weak about it. For example

storm- weak health
life- weak attack spells

and there are many more that go with all other schools. All you have to do is try your best and you will win, not always, but most of the time.
yes balance is not unfair you just have to be quick about your attacks i am ice so i just tower then power up while i am waiting to use collosus so if your quick you can kill one :D

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I am back and i say prepare yourself for the path of player versus player, not the path for you
Hunter Hexheart level 34 sorcerer

Survivor
May 22, 2009
alyshaya wrote:

hey i'm a balance wizard and i don't agree.i say this to you.we don't have any more health than you.and don't blame us for being powerful. we didn't make the game.
so if you have problame talk to KI.And if you don't like our stuff say it to yourself.
:

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
AlecVolterra wrote:
I'm balance NO one IS TAKING MY SCHOOL AWAY THEN I WOULD HAVE TO START OVER :( and i have some great friends on my list too :-)

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
wolf179 wrote:
alyshaya wrote:

hey i'm abalance wizard and i say this to you.we don't have any more health than you.and don't blame us for being powerful. we didn't make the game.
so if you have problame talk to KI.
:
here here ;) nice to see another fellow balance member on the boards hi

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Balance isnt such an easy school to master as you think. If you opened up your mind to all the possibilities of beating a balance then you would find they are very easy. I know storms have and easy time against balance because i have been beaten by them many times. I once was a commander in pvp and then all of a sudden i am a sergeant again. People are getting better at beating balances maybe you could learn from them. Also judgement is the ONLY spell to use a knockout hit with. Hydra can easily be shielded because of its weakness of three schools people could take out two with one shield. Do more research before you make a message board plz.

David Stormblade lvl 46 balance
David Boomhaven lvl 50 storm
David Dragonrider lvl 1 life... dont play him at all. lol

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
Ok I am SICK of this the other day I was doing a 3v3 well ok a 3v4[I used water elementaal ].So on both teams the fools were disconnected.So that left me and balance.While balance has the same stats and you are another pathetic whiner the balance wizard won since her battle plan beat mine.I got a fair leveling[For once] and good oponent.I kept doing damage but she was more desisive[spelling]and won the battle.
Dang whiners

Ok I will add something else some guy said the players who LOSE have no Desire or immagination they are machine powerhouses who malfunction whenever they cant do a task.While most wizards are imaginative wizrds making Combos dealing more than any judgement ever will and having fun not trying to level up so malistaire is then dead and they can brag about some stupid badge.What you do is what you deseve a reward fo helping and strategizing not being a machine defeating for supiororority for their own will for fun.So good day to you pathetic whining little brats.

Taylor Lotusfist
Master Diviner
Knowledge is limeted but imagination is endless
-Albert Einstein
Nothing is pernament but change it's self
-Random greek fella

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009

Hmm....
My friend used a Raith in battle and it did over 5,000.
Wild Bolt is 1,000 for 2 pips.
Storm Lord is a lot a damage for all enemies.
Helephant, if used right can do a lot too.
Centaur is a strong spell if used right.
Ice Colossus, altho not the strongest ice spell, can work very nicely if used with buffs.

The point is, Judgement isn't the only powerful spell. It takes a while to get a bunch of pips and some buffs actually cost a pip.

Did you know that clothes give resistance? They also give health and mana.
At level 12 I was able to have over 1,000 health because of my equipment. And I'm sure we all know how VERY high that is for a level 12.

I am working on leveling a new life wizard who is now level 15, and I don't really see a health diference. That leads me to conclude that there isn't really much of, if any, health diference for schools.

So please just have fun in arena instead of getting upset. It's just a game and shouldn't ruin your day.

Good luck and I hope you win lots of matches!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

Quoted for truth.

I'm getting really sick of people ragging on the Balance wizards over Judgement. There must be over a dozen threads complaining about Judgement. Honestly, it isn't that bad.

Judgement is a great spell, but it has limitations. It needs a large amount of pips to cast and can be blocked by multiple shields. I don't understand why out of all the spells out there, JUDGEMENT is the one people complain about the most.

Come on, people. It's like the Balance school's Kraken or Heckhound. It usually does around 700 damage. With bonuses, you can get it up to the thousands, but you can do that WITH ANY SPELL. I've gotten Kraken up to 1100 a few times. No one complains about Kraken.

Please, please, people. Leave the Balance wizards ALONE. :-)

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
englishdude wrote:

storm- weak health
life- weak attack spells

i am a grand master balance wizard and i chose balance cause i wanted to buff up well most of our buffs cost pips and liken him i barley win pvp cause storm uses wild bolt every ten seconds and every ten minutes i use a judgement that only deals like 7,000 or 8, 000 that all i have seen spells double what malistare id which is 10,000! balance is the same as most shcools they have a really tough spell and rest are weaker

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
As my mander slaves shield me from the elements, I erect a sparkling wall against the spirits. I meticulously lay traps that will consume my enemies in elemental and spiritual agony. I gird myself with a rainbow of blades, and all the while the enemy taunts and jeers castigates me for not attacking. Though my slaves may strike them, and I may even heal myself from their barrage, all the while I am silent.

When I see that there is no hope for civil discourse, it is with deep satisfaction that I rain Judgment down upon them.

Musical are their dying screams of "noob!" and "cheater!"

Dispell may prolong the trial, but against a True Sorcerer, there is no escaping Judgment.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Deborahloi wrote:
As my mander slaves shield me from the elements, I erect a sparkling wall against the spirits. I meticulously lay traps that will consume my enemies in elemental and spiritual agony. I gird myself with a rainbow of blades, and all the while the enemy taunts and jeers castigates me for not attacking. Though my slaves may strike them, and I may even heal myself from their barrage, all the while I am silent.

When I see that there is no hope for civil discourse, it is with deep satisfaction that I rain Judgment down upon them.

Musical are their dying screams of "noob!" and "cheater!"

Dispell may prolong the trial, but against a True Sorcerer, there is no escaping Judgment.

^
THIS...

Is sheer poetry. :)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Merekid wrote:
...That leads me to conclude that there isn't really much of, if any, health diference for schools.

What in the world led you to believe that? There is a HUGE difference in health for schools! My Grandmaster Storm has only 2,003 health with some of the best clothes I can get!. Grandmaster Ice with the similar gear, get almost 3,500! If your telling me that's not a big health difference, I'm not sure where your getting your reasoning.

As for judgement, I'm divided on this topic. It is an extremely powerful spell when used properly, but it can also be defended against. Tower shields, weakness,black mantle, etc.. I have seen a judgement even with a tower shield on myself, hit about 1400. So i'm in the middle of the road on it.

It's also worth mentioning, the shields Balance wizards get, only block 50% damage as opposed to 70% from the dual, and 85% from the single.