Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance school= WAY TOO POWERFUL!! (UPDATED)

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
And here we go Again. Balance isn't the strongest school. Just because we've got Judgment doesn't mean we're automatically going to win. To me Death is the strongest school, everytime I got up against a Death Wizard I always lose. It's not the stratgey I use, it's their spells are really good for PVP. Let's see. They can shield. They can use Infection on anyone. They can Wraith. Then Scarecrow. Then probably feint you some, then wraith. Then your dead. That's how easy it is. For Balance, I shield. Shield. Blade myself. I blade a lot. Minion, Judgment, Hydra, Nova. And Done.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
i know what you mean balance wizards are so hard to beat but its not imposable just wait till the person puts his shields up then ( forgot make sure you put your sword staff or wand that has your attack spell ) use it then attack if they heal there self o well but if they dont keep doing it till you defeat them it might work it might not :D

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
I disagree. Balance is all about buffing. If there were no buffs balance would have nothing special about it. Its like myth without any minions.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
I agree, it's way to powerful! They'll save up for judgment with all power pips, and use feint and curse and BOOM! Your dead.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
In response to the first person

Definitly. Not that i have anything against balance wizards when they're ON MY SIDE, but when they're fighting me i'm pretty much at their mercy. But you know balance isn't so strong they can be defeated. But i agree with the first person. Don't complain about being weak sorcers, you're the reason my main person is NEVER going to get above a private. No offense or anything guys, you rock when i don't have to fight you :)

But listen other wizards you shouldn't complain too much about balance in pvp. I mean so what if judgement is strong? Dragon, Storm Lord, and ect are strong as well, even stronger than nova. I get judgement because of my robe but its not as strong as a balance wizard's could be. They need to have some spell they can use to kill people. In a 2v2 two storm wizards at least ten levels lower than me killed me in one turn using wild bolt. No one complains about that too much because it fizzles a lot but like people have said judgement can be blocked by shields. I tried doing a Balance Wizard once, I made it to KT and got STUCK, I had proactically no attack spells, you have to give the balance wizards credit for making it as far as judgement. Any school can dominate in PvP. I don't like it that Balance Wizards have killed me about 83 times in PvP but that just shows that i need a new strategy. You better be read PvP sorccers, I'm coming back for Revenge

Aaron FireStone lvl 49

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
"Dragon8325" wrote:
i do believe that Kingisle should make a balance shield

When they make a blade that works specifically for balance, then they can make a shield that works specifically against it.

a +35-40% blade, and a +25-35% trap.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Each of which are broken by any attack, and can stack with all other schools.

Nice try. Game over - insert quarter, play again.

In the future, quit wasting my time and go to dictionary.com to look up the meaning of the word "specifically".

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
Dude, you do realize that clothes can give you resistance... right? If you want to have an advantage to balance, then take balance resistance clothes, or get the amulet for Weakness. You should know that every school has an advantage, and if you feel threatened by balance, than pick up some resistance clothes.

Trevor Starhaven
Level 26 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
peple! stop complaing im sick and tired of hearing this each school has its good thinks and bad things, how would you feel if someone say this about your school?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
Each of which are broken by any attack, and can stack with all other schools.

Nice try. Game over - insert quarter, play again.

In the future, quit wasting my time and go to dictionary.com to look up the meaning of the word "specifically".

i hope you weren't talking to me because i'm on your side... i was saying that those should be the values of the balance-specific (meaning "pertaining to and only to balance) blade and trap.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
alyshaya wrote:
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

KI should do something to limit shields or judgement, do you agree?

Stop complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am officially tired of all these annoying post criticizing a school who's only good attack is judgement and you want to take that away!!!!! Dont do pvp for all we care. But its just strategy to win. I've lost to judgment many times and i dont care.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Merekid wrote:
alyshaya wrote:
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

Hmm....
My friend used a Raith in battle and it did over 5,000.
Wild Bolt is 1,000 for 2 pips.
Storm Lord is a lot a damage for all enemies.
Helephant, if used right can do a lot too.
Centaur is a strong spell if used right.
Ice Colossus, altho not the strongest ice spell, can work very nicely if used with buffs.

The point is, Judgement isn't the only powerful spell. It takes a while to get a bunch of pips and some buffs actually cost a pip.

Did you know that clothes give resistance? They also give health and mana.
At level 12 I was able to have over 1,000 health because of my equipment. And I'm sure we all know how VERY high that is for a level 12.

I am working on leveling a new life wizard who is now level 15, and I don't really see a health diference. That leads me to conclude that there isn't really much of, if any, health diference for schools.

So please just have fun in arena instead of getting upset. It's just a game and shouldn't ruin your day.

Good luck and I hope you win lots of matches!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

Well said. Judgment is'nt the strongest attack by far

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Umrag wrote:
Oh boy, not ANOTHER post complaining about Balance!
Point A: I am a Balance wizard, and I have no shields in my deck. Zip. So please don't go making assumptions. Also if you here; http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Level_Chart, it shows that Balance is tied with Life. Besides, you can shield too!

Point B: What?! Death has more buffs than Balance! Besides, Balance is a support school, it's SUPPOSED to have buffs.

Point C: Spirit Armor isn't the only shield on this planet. As I've mentioned on numerous posts, you can also mess up a Judgment with Weakness, Tower Shield, Ice Armor, Black Mantle, and as you said, Spirit Armor.

Also: If you look at Heckhound, you will notice 125 damage per pip, while Judgment has 100 damage per pip. That's a big difference. Seen the card Wild Bolt? 1000 damage for two pips, vs. Balance's 200 damage for two pips? So please, don't think that Balance is too powerful. I have been beaten plenty of times. Every strategy has a weakness, including the Balanceblade+Hex+Bladestorm+Power Pips+Judgment=Instant Win strategy. Adjust your strategy for fighting Balance, and in no time at all, you'll be wiping out whole crowds of Balance wizards.
~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

I know rite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
hebs470 wrote:
well i see where your going but our only huge hit spell is judgement hydra maybe if buffed with a balance blade, a elemental blade, hex and an elemental trap and as for the fourteen pip attack it's all ruined with a tower shield and hydra is if you do that to so train up to get a tower shield or buy the treasure cards....... OR DEAL WITH IT!

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
alyshaya wrote:

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38 ) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

I can't say I do agree. And here's why.

About the Shields: First off, I can't see how the Health of Balance Wizards (which isn't as much as it's obviously thought to be) is relevant to Shields. Second, Balance's Elemental- and SpiritShields do not stack, and are the weakest of any Shield (with a 50% reduction). Easy ways to get rid of them are DoT Spells, Minions, "Double-Hit" Attacks, or Ward-relieving spells like Earthquake (I call this "Balancebane"), StealWard, or Pierce.

About the Blades and Traps: Sorcerers are the only Wizards that can get Spells for free that they can't use with any Balance Spells. Half of their Blades and a third of their Traps are applicable to Judgement, PowerNova, and Ra; the others are Elemental or Spiritual in nature. Also, Feint takes seven Training Points to get; wasting that many is asinine. Anyone can get Feint, by the way. Additionally, the Warlord Gear gives no Health; as such, I believe the set flat-out sucks.

About Judgement (you know, I wish Cyrus would use his "red corrector pen" on this; the correct spelling of the word is "judgment"): First off, you are incorrect in saying that Sorcerers get Judgement at Level 38; it's actually ten Levels lower. Regardless, you are also incorrect in saying that a Judgement with no Blades or Traps can do 1750 Damage; the maximum Damage for an unboosted Judgement Spell is 1400. Also, if your only defense against Judgement is SpiritArmor, you know nothing about proper Training Point spending.

So, no, I disagree. Balance is fine as it is; I'm sorry, but your strategy is just bad.

P.S. If one of your former or present (no idea where you are on the academic ladder) English teachers sees your post, they will faint. Spelling issues, improper punctuation, repetitiveness, and poor grammar abound.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:

I can't say I do agree. And here's why.

About the Shields: First off, I can't see how the Health of Balance Wizards (which isn't as much as it's obviously thought to be) is relevant to Shields. Second, Balance's Elemental- and SpiritShields do not stack, and are the weakest of any Shield (with a 50% reduction). Easy ways to get rid of them are DoT Spells, Minions, "Double-Hit" Attacks, or Ward-relieving spells like Earthquake (I call this "Balancebane"), StealWard, or Pierce.

About the Blades and Traps: Sorcerers are the only Wizards that can get Spells for free that they can't use with any Balance Spells. Half of their Blades and a third of their Traps are applicable to Judgement, PowerNova, and Ra; the others are Elemental or Spiritual in nature. Also, Feint takes seven Training Points to get; wasting that many is asinine. Anyone can get Feint, by the way. Additionally, the Warlord Gear gives no Health; as such, I believe the set flat-out sucks.

About Judgement (you know, I wish Cyrus would use his "red corrector pen" on this; the correct spelling of the word is "judgment"): First off, you are incorrect in saying that Sorcerers get Judgement at Level 38; it's actually ten Levels lower. Regardless, you are also incorrect in saying that a Judgement with no Blades or Traps can do 1750 Damage; the maximum Damage for an unboosted Judgement Spell is 1400. Also, if your only defense against Judgement is SpiritArmor, you know nothing about proper Training Point spending.

So, no, I disagree. Balance is fine as it is; I'm sorry, but your strategy is just bad.

P.S. If one of your former or present (no idea where you are on the academic ladder) English teachers sees your post, they will faint. Spelling issues, improper punctuation, repetitiveness, and poor grammar abound.

FoxFyr, I do not agree with you as much as I'd like, but I got to say SNAP! LOL

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
alyshaya wrote:

Well how whould you feel if KI took away your school's BEST card? There are PLENTY of ways to weaken Judgement, like: Weakness, treasure Weakness, Tower shield, treasure Tower shield, and many more (I think).

And as a Balance wizard, I always get defeated

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Actually spelling it either way is correct and acceptable, look it up. Keep in mind, we're not all from the same country here.

About Judgement (you know, I wish Cyrus would use his "red corrector pen" on this; the correct spelling of the word is "judgment"):

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
CoopKoda wrote:
Actually spelling it either way is correct and acceptable, look it up. Keep in mind, we're not all from the same country here.

About Judgement (you know, I wish Cyrus would use his "red corrector pen" on this; the correct spelling of the word is "judgment"):

I see... in my area, the version without the E between the G and M is used. I assumed that KingsIsle would use the more commonly used version (as it's not just my area; apparently, it's my whole country, which the KingsIsle headquarters are located in), but considering the Spells Quench (as opposed to douse), Elucidate (as opposed to explain), and Entangle (as opposed to, well, tangle), I probably should have noticed that using the more common words is not high on KingsIsle's agenda (and personally, I love it. I get a kick just out of imagining how many people say "What the heck does 'Elucidate' mean?").

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Dragon8325 wrote:
Now if you guys would skip the Whole different class spells.. Judgement is the most OP if you haven't noticed the only shield for it is Tower shield and it never works. i do believe that Kingisle should make a balance shield. this is getting ridiculous this is a Figure class destroying W101 arena population .if This never get's resolved there will be a riot on Forums. Plus.. you can't kill Balance in time! they got 3000 HP. -2600 they judgement you once and your dead you guys don't understand how OP this class is. a tower resists it by lil I've gotten a tower shield on me and they had 2 buffs. they did 2200 damage on me with one judgement. good luck in 2V2 cause balance destroyed it

Okay... how about we try keeping grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling in mind next time? You see, I am literally having a hard time understanding you. When that happens, you're in trouble, as my understanding of vocabulary is - how shall I put this? - above average. Mmmkay.

Next, ever heard of SpiritArmor? How about - ooh, ooh! - IceArmor? Try a Weakness and/or Plague sometime. These'll help a lot, particularly all in concert.

If you can't kill a Sorcerer that has only one type of Shield that affects your Attack Spells, then you have no idea how to properly Blade and Trap. No idea how to use DoT Spells, Minions, Wand Flares. You, in short, are a noob.

So there you go.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
( insert anger here ) geez they complain about this when you need to realize that ALL shools have an advantage like oh i dont know how about this list

life:healing

myth:great minions

death:can steal health

ice:amazing sheilding

fire:average strong spells

storm:really strong attacks

so please dont go off whining about balance when there are others you could say that are apparently "unfair"

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Mountk2 wrote:

Hmm....
My friend used a Raith in battle and it did over 5,000.
Wild Bolt is 1,000 for 2 pips.
Storm Lord is a lot a damage for all enemies.
Helephant, if used right can do a lot too.
Centaur is a strong spell if used right.
Ice Colossus, altho not the strongest ice spell, can work very nicely if used with buffs.

The point is, Judgement isn't the only powerful spell. It takes a while to get a bunch of pips and some buffs actually cost a pip.

Did you know that clothes give resistance? They also give health and mana.
At level 12 I was able to have over 1,000 health because of my equipment. And I'm sure we all know how VERY high that is for a level 12.

I am working on leveling a new life wizard who is now level 15, and I don't really see a health diference. That leads me to conclude that there isn't really much of, if any, health diference for schools.

So please just have fun in arena instead of getting upset. It's just a game and shouldn't ruin your day.

Good luck and I hope you win lots of matches!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

Quoted for truth.

I'm getting really sick of people ragging on the Balance wizards over Judgement. There must be over a dozen threads complaining about Judgement. Honestly, it isn't that bad.

Judgement is a great spell, but it has limitations. It needs a large amount of pips to cast and can be blocked by multiple shields. I don't understand why out of all the spells out there, JUDGEMENT is the one people complain about the most.

Come on, people. It's like the Balance school's Kraken or Heckhound. It usually does around 700 damage. With bonuses, you can get it up to the thousands, but you can do that WITH ANY SPELL. I've gotten Kraken up to 1100 a few times. No one complains about Kraken.

Please, please, people. Leave the Balance wizards ALONE. :)

I'm a balance wizard so leave me and the other balance wizards and nerds alone.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
wizard10123488 wrote:
alyshaya wrote:

Well how whould you feel if KI took away your school's BEST card? There are PLENTY of ways to weaken Judgement, like: Weakness, treasure Weakness, Tower shield, treasure Tower shield, and many more (I think).

And as a Balance wizard, I always get defeated

you mean how KI took away Wild Bolt from storm and replaced it with something completely unusable... ya that is pretty bad but KI is very good at taking away from storm and giving to balance

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
All balance wizards on here are saying that judgement ISN'T overpowered.

WHEN YOU HAVE LOST TEN PVP MATCHES IN A ROW BECAUSE FULL PIP JUDGEMENT KILLS YOU OFF WITH NO BLADES OR TRAPS!!

then you can come on here and say that judgement isn't overpowered.

Storm wizards have so little life that balances tactic is simple, they use shields galore (spirit and elemental so that i can't prism) black mantle, weakness, and wand attacks to lower any towers i put up.

Come fourteen pips and i am dead! nothing i can do about it ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

That takes the fun out of PvP and to me suggests that because there is NO counter strategy that it makes judgement overpowered.

Chain stunning was removed because there was no counter stragegy and so was wild bolt, so i would like to see judgement nullified - at least for storm because they have so little life!