Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance school= WAY TOO POWERFUL!! (UPDATED)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 15, 2010
There has been at least a million threads complaining that balance is somehow "overpowered" Judgement is ONE good spell balance has, technically speaking Judgement is really the only defense for balance.So i just wish there would be one post,ONE POST about non-complaining. C'mon guys this is turning into the "PvP Complaining Section"

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Merekid wrote:
alyshaya wrote:
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

KI should do something to limit shields or judgement, do you agree?

Hmm....
My friend used a Raith in battle and it did over 5,000.
Wild Bolt is 1,000 for 2 pips.
Storm Lord is a lot a damage for all enemies.
Helephant, if used right can do a lot too.
Centaur is a strong spell if used right.
Ice Colossus, altho not the strongest ice spell, can work very nicely if used with buffs.

The point is, Judgement isn't the only powerful spell. It takes a while to get a bunch of pips and some buffs actually cost a pip.

Did you know that clothes give resistance? They also give health and mana.
At level 12 I was able to have over 1,000 health because of my equipment. And I'm sure we all know how VERY high that is for a level 12.

I am working on leveling a new life wizard who is now level 15, and I don't really see a health diference. That leads me to conclude that there isn't really much of, if any, health diference for schools.

So please just have fun in arena instead of getting upset. It's just a game and shouldn't ruin your day.

Good luck and I hope you win lots of matches!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

I totally agree. You have named every single point i could think of. Good job

Carlos wildrider
Lvl 37 balance/ice

P.S destiny you have the same schools as me :-P

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
StormrunnerX7 wrote:
Merekid wrote:
...That leads me to conclude that there isn't really much of, if any, health diference for schools.

What in the world led you to believe that? There is a HUGE difference in health for schools! My Grandmaster Storm has only 2,003 health with some of the best clothes I can get!. Grandmaster Ice with the similar gear, get almost 3,500! If your telling me that's not a big health difference, I'm not sure where your getting your reasoning.

As for judgement, I'm divided on this topic. It is an extremely powerful spell when used properly, but it can also be defended against. Tower shields, weakness,black mantle, etc.. I have seen a judgement even with a tower shield on myself, hit about 1400. So i'm in the middle of the road on it.

It's also worth mentioning, the shields Balance wizards get, only block 50% damage as opposed to 70% from the dual, and 85% from the single.
Now if you guys would skip the Whole different class spells.. Judgement is the most OP if you haven't noticed the only shield for it is Tower shield and it never works. i do believe that Kingisle should make a balance shield. this is getting ridiculous this is a Figure class destroying W101 arena population .if This never get's resolved there will be a riot on Forums. Plus.. you can't kill Balance in time! they got 3000 HP. -2600 they judgement you once and your dead you guys don't understand how OP this class is. a tower resists it by lil I've gotten a tower shield on me and they had 2 buffs. they did 2200 damage on me with one judgement. good luck in 2V2 cause balance destroyed it

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
kryon256 wrote:
Deborahloi wrote:
As my mander slaves shield me from the elements, I erect a sparkling wall against the spirits. I meticulously lay traps that will consume my enemies in elemental and spiritual agony. I gird myself with a rainbow of blades, and all the while the enemy taunts and jeers castigates me for not attacking. Though my slaves may strike them, and I may even heal myself from their barrage, all the while I am silent.

When I see that there is no hope for civil discourse, it is with deep satisfaction that I rain Judgment down upon them.

Musical are their dying screams of "noob!" and "cheater!"

Dispell may prolong the trial, but against a True Sorcerer, there is no escaping Judgment.

^
THIS...

Is sheer poetry. :)

Thanks...I don't get out much. :-)

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Deborahloi wrote:
As my mander slaves shield me from the elements, I erect a sparkling wall against the spirits. I meticulously lay traps that will consume my enemies in elemental and spiritual agony. I gird myself with a rainbow of blades, and all the while the enemy taunts and jeers castigates me for not attacking. Though my slaves may strike them, and I may even heal myself from their barrage, all the while I am silent.

When I see that there is no hope for civil discourse, it is with deep satisfaction that I rain Judgment down upon them.

Musical are their dying screams of "noob!" and "cheater!"

Dispell may prolong the trial, but against a True Sorcerer, there is no escaping Judgment.

yah please use judgement on me. I LOVE facing balance wizards in the arena and they always get wiped off the board. You may be able to judgement noobs but any skilled player will wipe you off the map if you play like that.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Hey if ya hate balance wizards buffing use earthquake and show them who's boss. If you don't have that then use all the zero rank attack spells to get rid of shields or weaken there attack so they'll be forced to use there blades wrongfully (if they aren't over determined to win). Make sure if you have tower shield and your ice use it six times so you can avoid ANY posible chances of getting defeated in battle.

P.S. If you can, try to steal blades shields or remove wards from yourself.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
alyshaya wrote:
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

Balance wizards aren't that powerful like my self. We do use Judgement alot in PvP but the whole reason we do that is because Hydra ain't that good of a card or the person you are fighting most powerful card is Judgement so they just keep using to do a great deal of damage. As for health most of the time its just our awesome Items :-D Also all school cards have cons and pros for Judgement a pro is that it works great when you battle one person but if you battle 2V2 it is not that good unless you and your friend eliminate the people on the same turn. Now Fire Dragon is great for multiplayer. So Judgement ain't always the strongest card.

Brandon StormHunter Level 31 Balance Wizard

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
i agree it is sorta over powered but what i hate is how they shield and shield i just think thats unfair shielding should cost pips :|

Defender
May 09, 2009
(this is a quot from a previous reply about balance being over powered.)

"could you please take away most of rocks ability's but paper is fine.

-sincerely scissors"

k what you need to take into account is ALL the other spells balance has and compare them to other schools. lets say fire. hmm the rank six spells. helephant does about 500-600 fire. hydra does 120 fire ice and storm that's a total of 360. and that's without blades or traps. IF the balance person gets its 2 balance blades that's 45% increase. and IF they get their elemental blade that's 35% increase to each individual attack. which means 80% attack increase. now IF they get elemental trap that's plus 25% that's 105% feint and hex would be usless to put down considering they only work once for 1 head. now for helephant. get your 45% blade plus your elemental balde IF you get it. thats 85% already in just 2 moves instead of balances 3. add your fire trap thats 25% add your elemental trap thats another 25% a total of 135% add a feint since it hits 1 time thats 205% increase HMM which is stronger?????????????????????

but compare helephant to judgment after all thats what EVERY ONE HATES. IF balance gets all 7 power pips thats 7 turns for the pips wich is a total of 1400 damage. add balances 2 blades thats 45%. add hex and feint. which is a total of 145% which is a bit over 5,000 damage. if a death is nice enough to put a curse trap that's a total of 165%. fire is still 40% above, 60 if they have a death with them, 75 if they have their own balance guy and a death. fire is above balance. so is death myth and storm.

you say balance has to many shields??? well they are balances ONLY shields. and their like 60% decrease not the normal 75%. our buffs the 25% weakness. you can get rid of that with your wand spell. if your not smart enough to keep 1 or 2 wand spells in hand while against balance then you should just flee. as for the -45% accuracy just use a shields or a wand attack and its gone.

sure balance uses judgment a lot but that's because judgment is balances ONLY good attack. which is why we have almost the same amount of health as ice. and have the same accuracy as death. but it takes us far longer to build up to a good hit than it does for others. and even then its only if we get full power pips which is hard unless your level 45 or higher.

so if you still think judgment is over powered then figure out a way to fight them better. you got like 10 seconds before the fight starts look and see if their balance if they are then remove all shields and unessasary spells against them and leave your strongest attack with blades and traps. hit them quick, fast, and strong. i have a level 50 balance so this is how i know that balance sucks.

don't go judging other schools until you have tried them. i used to think storm was over powered now i have a level 47 storm and i think its been balanced out well with the high damage attacks.

i thought death would be awesome seeing as they can heal and attack. those attacks are kinda weak and i know because i have a level 48 death.

and before i say anything bad about any school i will train a wizard in that school before i go shooting my mouth off.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
why do people always whine and complain about balance with judgement, i am getting a headache because of BALANCE THIS and BALANCE THAT and people telling KI to change it so they can win easier. You guys need a strategy to beat judgment instead of complain, use spells such as weakness and tower shields and other stuff that can help instead of going on the message boards and yelling that balance is WAY TOO POWERFUL!

STRATEGY BEATS COMPLAINING ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!

sorry i expressed this so hardly, but i am tired of people whining about balance. I used to be the same person like you people who thought balance is overpowered and all that. Well guess what, GET SOME STRATEGY AND SOME DECENT CARDS TO HELP LOWER JUDGEMENT AND BLOCK IT WITH THOSE CARDS.

Same with wild bolt, just get a lot of storm shields and equip it to your deck. then when someone hits with wild bolt, there shield did its job by lowering it. SIMPLE!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
alyshaya wrote:

No.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
i agree 100% with ya, because all they do is sheild 1,000,000 TIMES! and then use judgment, and thats why i dont like balance its not fair

Defender
May 09, 2009
ok balance is fair. you are focusing on all of balances strenghths and non of its weaknesses. take a look at its other spells. hmm? weak huh. i posted above giving an example. the reason why we shield so much is cause we are looking for our 1 good spell and thats judgment. during that time until we find it we shield and trap and use blades.

the trick hit quick and fast.

if your to late for that and they have the shields use a over time spell if youve got it. the most they can do is 7 and thats only if their lvl 45 or higher. even then those can all be taken out easaly by 2 over time spells.

look before you leap.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
hey, i am a lvl 42 balance, and i have found out that mostly anytime i do a ranked 1v1 pvp, either of the two can happen...

1. If i win, i end up get ripped on because i used judgment to win.
Please, dont be like that, you are obveously jealous, but serioulsy, it is one little spell! It takes time to charge up and buff, etc. It might be powerful, but it isn't OVER powered. Look at triton, or helephant, storm lord, or even colosus can match or beat out judgement in damage.
And if you completly think its "unfair" think about this...
anytime you start a new game you never heard of or played before, you start out by taking the test to find your school. Balance wizards are placed in that school because thats how they are in life, same with storm, fire, ice, whatever. When i started playing, like i had any idea i was going to have this judgment spell. Because if people did know, wouldnt there be more balance? That is the way i look at it! And then i got this spell at 28, and it happened to be a winner.
2. If i lose (which DOES happen!)
I go on....... easy, right? Well some people dont take it so well when they lose as i described before.

So, balance may have ONE spell thats good, well so does every other school? So what makes it so hard to use that and KO the sorcerer before they pull out judgment? I dont know, i only plays as one character... maybe i am wrong, that is just the I LOOK at it. And of course we have shields and buffs, there are a good few of them, but that is what balance is, they adjust the rules of combat. so look at it that way next time you come across a sorcerer.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
AlecVolterra wrote:
i'm sorry i'm missing the point here. You want KI to get ride of balance BEST card and only really good one in fact, cause your bad at pvp? buy some tower shield cards from library or train for it! Or do a 2v2? Balance mostly only do 1v1 or only be a buff in 2v2/+

I agree. You guys have to realize something. Judgement is balance's ONLY power. Without it, balance is nothing. You dont understand how hard it is for balance to only have ONE good card. Do you understand how frusterating it was for me to solo BEFORE I had judgement? It was super hard for me! Try playing a balance wizard and then tell me how much of a breeze it is, okay.

Haha I find it funny how everyone in PvP complains about us balances it's not even funny how many time i get harassed by people who think balance is only good at arena and other nonsense. :D

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
"Dragon8325" wrote:
i do believe that Kingisle should make a balance shield

When they make a blade that works specifically for balance, then they can make a shield that works specifically against it.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
alyshaya wrote:

ok yea i am a level 35 pyromancer and i am getting sick of hearing nonsense about balance. sure judgment can do over 3000 damage and balance apperently has an infinite amount of shields but you can counter both! if you had even a bit of strategy what you would do is summon a minion to take out the shields for you while you put a few tower shields on yourself. with that done you just have to buff up for your attack and take them out with one hit when all of their shields are down. with tower even if judgment does 3000 its down to 1500 which you can survive and it leaves them totally open because they wont be able to heal themselves if you bring them near death that turn. also understand that if you have no strategy or have one that is not flexible to fit the opponent you are fighting you will lose to any school so dont keep whining about balance because you just cant adapt to different situations.

Nathaniel Titansword - level 35 magus pyromancer

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Umrag wrote:
Oh boy, not ANOTHER post complaining about Balance!
Point A: I am a Balance wizard, and I have no shields in my deck. Zip. So please don't go making assumptions. Also if you here; http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Level_Chart, it shows that Balance is tied with Life. Besides, you can shield too!

Point B: What?! Death has more buffs than Balance! Besides, Balance is a support school, it's SUPPOSED to have buffs.

Point C: Spirit Armor isn't the only shield on this planet. As I've mentioned on numerous posts, you can also mess up a Judgment with Weakness, Tower Shield, Ice Armor, Black Mantle, and as you said, Spirit Armor.

Also: If you look at Heckhound, you will notice 125 damage per pip, while Judgment has 100 damage per pip. That's a big difference. Seen the card Wild Bolt? 1000 damage for two pips, vs. Balance's 200 damage for two pips? So please, don't think that Balance is too powerful. I have been beaten plenty of times. Every strategy has a weakness, including the Balanceblade+Hex+Bladestorm+Power Pips+Judgment=Instant Win strategy. Adjust your strategy for fighting Balance, and in no time at all, you'll be wiping out whole crowds of Balance wizards.
~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

um,

u r wrong.

balance does 200 PER PIP not 2 pips.

so does heck hound

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
alyshaya wrote:

Though Blanance wizards may be a pain to face, in my opinion they are not the hardest. I say Death is because they can get around my Ice Armor. >.>

I think you are looking at the situation the wrong way. What you need to do is take a look at your deck, and try to figure out ways to get around their shields and stop their strong attacks. The PvP ranked system has been putting me against Blanace wizards levels 40-50 ever since I was level 32. So I feel like I have some experience on this matter. Since I'm Ice, I have to worry about ice shields. As we all know, Ice has low attacks, so shields are a major pain to us. But I have found a way around those shields. Something I RARELY see Ice students do. It's a little spell called Frostbite. Yeah, it costs 5 pips. But used properly, it can take out shields and deal quit a bit of damage. It does 50 damage plus 450 damage over three rounds. The initial attack alone takes out a weakness on you, and an ice shield. Then over the next three rounds, it will take out three more ice shields. Now during this time, I have multiple options I can use. One is to set down ice traps to make the attack stronger. Another is to put on a tower shield, an ice shield, and elemental blades so that I can hit with Colossus when the shields are gone, and cut Judgements attack in half. A third option is to keep putting on tower sheilds and save up pips for Ice Armor. There are many different things I can do to beat a Balance wizard.

The point is, just because something is hard, does not mean it can't be beat. Look at it this way. Balance isn't very subtle at all. We all know what a Balance wizard is going to do. Because of this we know how to set up against that plan. If you can't beat a Balance wizard, you are either using your spells wrong, or that specific player is just a bit better than you. In the end, there is nothing to complain about. It's just a game, so just have fun.

~~ Brian, Level 50 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
Acctually Storm isnt the strongest because most of the time Storm Students (Diviners) fizzel when they battle

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Umrag wrote:
Oh boy, not ANOTHER post complaining about Balance!
Point A: I am a Balance wizard, and I have no shields in my deck. Zip. So please don't go making assumptions. Also if you here; http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Level_Chart, it shows that Balance is tied with Life. Besides, you can shield too!

Point B: What?! Death has more buffs than Balance! Besides, Balance is a support school, it's SUPPOSED to have buffs.

Point C: Spirit Armor isn't the only shield on this planet. As I've mentioned on numerous posts, you can also mess up a Judgment with Weakness, Tower Shield, Ice Armor, Black Mantle, and as you said, Spirit Armor.

Also: If you look at Heckhound, you will notice 125 damage per pip, while Judgment has 100 damage per pip. That's a big difference. Seen the card Wild Bolt? 1000 damage for two pips, vs. Balance's 200 damage for two pips? So please, don't think that Balance is too powerful. I have been beaten plenty of times. Every strategy has a weakness, including the Balanceblade+Hex+Bladestorm+Power Pips+Judgment=Instant Win strategy. Adjust your strategy for fighting Balance, and in no time at all, you'll be wiping out whole crowds of Balance wizards.
~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

The link listed has been removed from that site. (Just FYI)

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
judgement does 100 damage per pip.
tempest does 80 damage per pip to ALL opponents.
If you are doing 2v2 3v3 or 4v4, i think storm is the strongest school because of tempest. even though it does less damage, it still attacks all opponents and 20 is not that big of a difference. and if you blade up tempest, it could really hurt the opponents. I am thinking of doing that with my new storm wiz.

Luke ThunderShade Grand myth
Ryan LegendBlade 22 storm

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
balance is an easy school to beat you use weakness with tower if you get the choker it is a -30 %
so if judge is doing 2000 hit with weakenss it is down to 1400 and with a tower it is down to 700 that with no gear to resist now if you use weakness cost 3 train points it is - 30% 1400 - 25% 1050 with towers moves it down to 550 hit not that hard and then they have to rebuild pips now if you do this and you myth cleasnse them feints away makes them so mad

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
alyshaya wrote:

the reason why balance is the strongest is becouse we keep the balance and btw storm is the strongest balance is just a strategy school like myth and ice.