Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp unfair?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
after playing a few rounds i realised that i was often fighting people that were either far higher or far lower than me. this meant that i either won easily or lost after about 3minutes. i get that the pvp ranking system is supposed to stop unfair matches but if a level 39 private has to fight a level 50 that is also a private then it isn't fair. just because both players are privates doesn't mean they are equally matched. Please fix this KI :(

Historian
May 15, 2009
this is not necessarily unfair i am a level 43 and i can beat level 50's in 1v1 pvp its all about how you strategize PLUS you have to watch for signs

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Yes, because if you do ranked matches it pairs you with people your LEVEL NOT people your RANK. Since I am level 44 I usually get paired with people around 40-45. So I am usually stronger since IO am about to level up.

Dylan Firecaster Level 44 Master Pyromancer

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Few Rounds and you call pvp unfair, done over 100 matchs and rank as commander now. Trust me... Not one win or lost has been match up fair.

Want fair pvp, get a chess set and invite some one to play lol

Delver
May 31, 2009
the system is far from perfect it trys to balance level with ranking and some matches end up lopsided.

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
hobodavid wrote:
Yes, because if you do ranked matches it pairs you with people your LEVEL NOT people your RANK. Since I am level 44 I usually get paired with people around 40-45. So I am usually stronger since IO am about to level up.

Dylan Firecaster Level 44 Master Pyromancer

It might work for you but i'm level 40 (39 in last match) and have been paired with a level fifty and with a level twenty eight. I agree with some of you that it is partially your strategy that helps you win. But the the strength of spells of all types differs so much you can hardly call it a fair fight. :(