Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life spell idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I thought that since Life school was so weak on offensive spells, it could use a little something extra. Since this school has no all-enemy attacks, I thought this might help Lifers be a little more effective as more than field medics. I'd love to hear feedback on the idea!

Rain of thorns - Level 40 (?)
effects all enemies
accuracy 90%
damage- 60 pts per pip
description- When cast, a large carnivorous rose bush grows up in the center of the circle. The large rose in the center would have big pointy teeth that it snaps at the enemies. Writhing vines rise up and hurl a cloud of thorns at each enemy doing 60 points per pip damage to each one.

Defender
May 24, 2009
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
There is a reason KI did not add a damage all spell or a damage over time spell to life when they first developed it. To do so would make life over powered. No other school can heal the massive amounts life does and then come back with a centaur or seraph within the next few rounds. To have a school that does damage to all enemies and heal would make them nearly unstoppable.

I have a grandmaster of life. With all her grandmaster gear, I have a 82% chance of power pips. With a level 45 sword, she starts with an extra power pip. If I put a blade up the first round, more than likely i can cast centaur the next. This would be before most enemies are shielded, making it very effective. Also, you must remember, Death NEVER shields against Life. With a damage all spell, or a damage over time, KI would have to add that to the death enemies, making it very difficult for Life to defeat them.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I agree it may be a little high-powered, but it would be a higher level spell- so a little more oomph is expected. Accuracy? I simply figured all life spells were 90%.
I don't think it would overbalance life wizards very much. While it is possible to get a Centaur spell off quickly, it isn't likely to do much over 1000 pts damage without many extra boosts- and consumes 6 pips. Against Jotun and crew, a life wizard has to cast over 15 Centaurs, and he still gets his head bashed in rather quickly. Because of his lack of good offense, even relatively minor boss battles can be extremely tough. When I play, there are usually very few people around to help. I thought this might even the playing field a bit.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
diablo1008 wrote:
I think its overpowered! And the accuracy would have to change i believe.
NO it is NOT overpowered with all power pips it changes to 120 and 120X7=840 which that is kinda underpowered if yourgiving all 14 pips for it. and the accuracy does not need to change because all life spells that dont have 100% accuracy have 90% accuracy

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
diablo1008 wrote:
I think its overpowered! And the accuracy would have to change i believe.
Overpowered what are you talking about?! 60 pts per pip thats not that much really storms tempest is like 85 (i think) pts per pip and judgment (spelling?) does 125 pts (i think) not sure on those damage amounts but there around there that would not be overpowered