Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
Where do I find scrap iron? Every now and again I find it on the end of a street but i look FOREVER and only find a little... anywhere else i can get it?

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
i found some in big ben and a little in chesla court but i dont know where else to look scrap iron is like impossible to find :x

Delver
May 31, 2009
WanaksinkLake wrote:
Where do I find scrap iron? Every now and again I find it on the end of a street but i look FOREVER and only find a little... anywhere else i can get it?

two things you can do first you go back to the crafter who gave you the quest and buy the transmute spell for scrap iron from her, this will let you turn ore into scrap iron (i think its ore?). second; starting at the crafter go to the two guards then to the museum then switch realms. there are 7 scrap iron spots and 5 mistwood spots along that outside path, if you do this during the peak times it will take about half an hour or more to get your stuff better to go in the morning or when things slow down at night.

I suggest buying the diamond transmute as you will need those for a crafting in ds

i hope this helps you GOOD LUCK

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Hello! I was wondering that, too, when I first started MB crafting. I ended up literally searching the perimeter of MB and I tried Knights Court, knowing I've seen some there. I ended up being right, fortunately! Anyway, active all Knights Court teleporter stones (you may have you search the whole Knights Court for them, but its worth it). Then, you will eventually find some around the boss area that the stone leads to. Either behind the stone or around that area somewhere. And I DONT mean the street by it, i mean around and by the entrance to the boss's lair it would be by. Then when you first get to the teleporter area (past the scratchers and all. same place gearheads are mostly in Chealsa Court), there will be a Crafting Vendor. There is ocasionally some by him (he's a skinny, eye-glassed dog in a top hat). I recommend searching ALL areas I gave you, then switching realms, and repeat. Thats what I did to get enough for the two rings, two athames, AND the pavillion.

Hope you have luck!

Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
where can i find all the scarp iron cause i look every where and i cant <blockquote class="uncited">
<div>

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
It is late in the Marleybone game, but I found the best source of scrap iron is in the central clock tower of Big Ben. As long as you do not go and fight the central boss, you should be able to gather enough scrap iron for your needs. You'll need to switch servers to be able to reactivate the tower.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I've found plenty in the main area, but you can find some in Chelsea Court as well.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I actually don't craft much, but you can sell srap iron for 42 gold! So most of the time, when I find it, I sell. :P To the Bazaar, of course. ^_^ Look there, if you have some spare change.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
I grand and i still havent finished the quest. However the royal museum dungeons are a great source of it.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
just keep going from counterweight east to counterweight west!! there is a little piece of scrap iron there every time

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
just keep going from counterweight east to counterweight west!! there is a little piece of scrap iron there every time

Another spot to get scrap iron is barkers street. when you get the scrap iron there. Port to a new realm till you get all you need. I collected all I needed in two days time by porting realms over and over. It cuts down time.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Just keep looking around as you adventure and you should be fine. For my past three wizards, I have not farmed, just made sure I peered where it normally appears, and by the time I finish Knight's I usually have enough...and by the time I finish MB have extras....just from peering behind the tank, or behind the skylight, etc.