Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heartsteel - why?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
For some reason, I'm noticing a variable increase in the number of PvPers who use heartsteel over other athames, such as the deathedge. I'm not talking about low-levels either - I'm talking grands. This befuddles me. Assuming you don't use any heals whatsoever, wouldn't approximately 150 more max hit points and a good chunk of power pip percentage be more valuable than 5% defense? I like defense as much as the next guy, and if I had the opportunity I'd use a defender pig instead of my class pet. However, level 50 athames seem to be a huge tradeoff for minimal stats.

Your opinions?

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
For some reason, I'm noticing a variable increase in the number of PvPers who use heartsteel over other athames, such as the deathedge. I'm not talking about low-levels either - I'm talking grands. This befuddles me. Assuming you don't use any heals whatsoever, wouldn't approximately 150 more max hit points and a good chunk of power pip percentage be more valuable than 5% defense? I like defense as much as the next guy, and if I had the opportunity I'd use a defender pig instead of my class pet. However, level 50 athames seem to be a huge tradeoff for minimal stats.

Your opinions?

honestly for the people under lvl 20, i say keep using the heartsteel. but my grandmaster storm wizard used it once and his health was like way low. and i got no extra healing from my deathedge I:
and since i had 6% resist with me, i didnt have very much resist. so ya i think the grandmasters should start using athames like the deathedge, or the gurtok athames.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
Defender
Sep 28, 2008
The Deathedge is dropped by Malistaire. The Deathedge and Ruby Signet are both dropped on that particular run. Both both health options and give pips as well as red.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
possumman14 wrote:

Your opinions?

well i have a grand life and full gear and also with my defender pig and i only use heartstell only on a 2v2 match and sometimes 3v3 my resist is 46% makes a major deferrence nut in 4v4 i would rather have more pip chance i would never use it on my grand storm that would be a waste i would use it on my balance and myth only if they have full gear if you dont have full gear i dont think you should use it untill you have full gear k have fun