Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

With the new level cap increase, 50's? XP?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
With the new level cap increase, will level 50's get earned experience?

For example, My Death Character hit level 50 at the very beginning of Dragon Spyre. But what if he does not get that benefit of earning that xp?

When the expansion patch goes live, will level 50's be receiving all of their earned xp; they should...it's only fair.

I really hope the developers keep us in mind. That's a Lot of experience down the drain if they don't give it to us.

If you run into me, Chase level 32 Myth (atm), all my other characters are Alric Ashbane. Add me to friends. I am down to grind, grind, grind.

Administrator
After level 50, no new experience is rewarded.

Experience you would have received from quests your duels that you complete after you reach level 50 is forever lost.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I am surprised folks are not making a big stink about this. Many of us have multiple level 50's who have missed out now on some of the best xp rewards in the game, Malistaire for instance.

Every single character I have made thus far, has hit level 50 in DS in the first Dungeon in the Atheneum. That's almost all of DS, and the XP? Well, I guess we won't get that.

I imagine I won't be the only one that doesn't like this very much. I love the game, but hey, they should throw the level 50's a bone, for pushing us back two patches. You know what I mean? Shoot, I'd rather you push us back a third patch, and when we log in, we get all that earned xp that went no where.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I really don't know why you and all the others are complaining about the loss of the XP after reaching level 50 and you kept playing.

Obviously, there will be enough opportunity doing the main and side quests in Celestia to take all those current grandmasters to level 60. So what is your complaint?

Yes, those other wizards who have not finished the game yet will reach Celestia at a higher level than you did. But guess what? You get to go to Celestia on day one!!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Ok this is a bit easy to answer.
Use my plan for your wizard's questing.
1. Go through and finish ALL of the main quest line first over anything else.
2. After that start ( optinal ) Grizzlehielm
3. Start with high exp and rewarding side quests exp. Mossback in Mooshu or basicly any quest in Dragonspyre.
4. When you obtain the honored title of Greandmaster STOP! with ALL questing at that second.
This is my plan for all my wizards and when celedtia comes out soon I can turn in all the quests I have waiting for me.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
arc1 wrote:
3. Start with high exp and rewarding side quests exp. Mossback in Mooshu or basicly any quest in Dragonspyre.
4. When you obtain the honored title of Greandmaster STOP! with ALL questing at that second.
This is my plan for all my wizards and when celedtia comes out soon I can turn in all the quests I have waiting for me.
About #4

Why not just do all your quests before celestia starts? would'nt you feel less unorganized if you had a clear quest log? Also btw if you got to lvl 50 and just plain stoped, wouldnt most people have to finish quests in DS?

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
arc1 wrote:
About #4

Why not just do all your quests before celestia starts? would'nt you feel less unorganized if you had a clear quest log? Also btw if you got to lvl 50 and just plain stoped, wouldnt most people have to finish quests in DS?

This is silly, the reason being is because lets say you do this and you are right that it will probably work. So the new patch comes out and you turn in masses of quests and get all that XP you would have otherwise lost. Ok.. So now what? You go on and finish DS and I am assuming you will end up going to Celestia at level 55 or 56? I am guessing obviously.. So then you start questing in Celestia and get maybe 1/3 of the way through it and ... OH NO YOU JUST REACHED LEVEL 60... So what then? Are you going to stop there and wait for the next patch another year or two down the road? I get that you guys are upset that your XP is lost but it is probably for the best otherwise the above situation would occour anyways and the same thing would happen again. It would just be a cycle of this each new world. In WoW when you reached level 50 ( back in the day before they raised it a bunch of times ) whenever you would complete a quest the XP that you could no longer get because you were maxxed out was converted to gold and you got that instead. I think that would be entirely too much money in Wiz101 but maybe have a system in place like turning it into extra gear or maybe even have it turn into treasure cards based on the amount of XP. Or you could save XP like in a bank and use it to buy Treasure cards. I know these ideas are out there but hey... It is better then having your pudgy little teacher say " Sorry you lost it forever! ".. lol I crack myself up!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Ok this is to mshewmake2000, instead of turning in all those quests at that moment in my plan you go through the main quest line first always.
For your comment about the lvl guess ummmm thats a bit high don't you think? For grands to level up we need 46,230 exp to level up with all the quest rewards I ammased thats about 5,680 exp thats not even a fourth of what we need to level up.
So I suppose you should finish up the main quest line in celestia and you should be 57-58ish? thats still pleanty of room for multiple side quests.