Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

OH MY GOSH ITS NOT CHEATING!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2009
well all you guys are crying about the wild bolts and treasure cards. ITS NOT CHEATING!
if you think about it wild bolt only has ten percent.
so its not.
AND EVERYONE uses treasure cards even the people that are crying about it. AND treasure cards are usually earned.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
DEATHCLASS7777 wrote:
well all you guys are crying about the wild bolts and treasure cards. ITS NOT CHEATING!
so its not.
AND EVERYONE uses treasure cards even the people that are crying about it. AND treasure cards are usually earned.

actually if they arent storm the accuracy is 20-35%

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
I think they are mostly upset about novices beating grands with bolt treasures.

They dont like loosing.... and they really dont like loosing to lvls 1-5-10 ect..

And not everyone uses treasures.
There are some people who never use them.

I agree that it is NOT cheating but not for the fact that bolt is ten percent. (but that is a good reason why it's not)
The biggest reason why it's not cheating is because KI put treasures in the game. If people don't like it, they must remember that KI made the game.

If even then they don't approve.... they can take computer classes and make their own game. :D

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice
Starbright Piggle .. Toontown

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
DEATHCLASS7777 wrote:
so its not.

I agree with you, it's not cheating...

BUT, I do have to disagree with your comment about 'everyone uses treasure cards'...I've never used a treasure card outside of crafting furniture. I don't use treasure cards in fighting. Those I get for winning fights, I sell unless they can be used for a furniture item I want to craft. Saves me in-game coin that way, and having to buy them from the Bazaar. 8)

Defender
May 09, 2009
usally treasure cards are got from a friend that has learned the spell and will creat it for them like wild bolt. i dont consider using treasure cards cheating UNLESS its in ranked. after all ranked should be based on skill alone and not on cheap cards you got off a friend or from the bazzar or libray card seller.

Historian
May 15, 2009
by earned do you mean they traded treasure made by other friends to those friends for wild bolts with sniper enchants placed on the wild bolt card
the fact of the matter is
that the wild bolts hit way more often than they should with the additions of accuracy boosts
and a lot of people call it cheating because they are using the card wild bolts for easy victories when others play fairly and try to win without spamming treasures like most of the war lords who are level 10 and under

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
I agree people are making to big a deal about pvp. Maybe they just don't have a good enough strategy. JUST STOP COMPLAINIG PEOPLES!!!

Defender
May 18, 2009
DEATHCLASS7777 wrote:
so its not.
I feel your pain. I've been in battles where I used a wild bolt treasure card and my opponent said,"You only won because you cheated", and I felt like telling him or her to get a life or something lol.

Historian
May 15, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
I agree people are making to big a deal about pvp. Maybe they just don't have a good enough strategy. JUST STOP COMPLAINIG PEOPLES!!!

lets me recount how many times people like you have said this

1 i bet you are a treasure war lord
2. it IS cheating because its unfair to the schools with low health
3. if they go first and hit with wild bolt first turn we are already at a disadvantage

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
THANK YOU! Everyone has been complaining about " Wild bolt should be kicked out if the game". Face it people its never gonna happen!!! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT? javascript:emoticon('');

Historian
May 15, 2009
hebs470 wrote:
THANK YOU! Everyone has been complaining about " Wild bolt should be kicked out if the game". Face it people its never gonna happen!!! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT? javascript:emoticon('');

yea your right it wont be taken out of the game
but they can add options to the arena to appeal to the crowd of upset subscribers
like placing an option where you can play matches where treasures are not allowed

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
Bolts are not cheating, but being a noob and using treasures is. Treasures can be used if you want to win the game but as far as dueling goes, it is to show who is stronger, using spells that aren't yours is totally unfair. also i am pretty sure that nobody has cried over this issue.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

3. if they go first and hit with wild bolt first turn we are already at a disadvantage

Here is what I have to say about that...

1. You don't have to use treasures to care about this subject.
2. Schools don't really have a diferent health thing... and even if they do, you can get more health by choosing the right equipment. At lvl 12 I got a bit over 1,000 health by doing it. And I'm sure you know lvl 12 usually has VERY low health.
3. Even you said IF they go first. Besides if they hit on the first turn that gives you an advantage because they didn't get shealds or enchantments.
So it might go like this....
Dude: Hits you with bolt.
You: Use shealds.
Dude: Is waiting for pips.
You: Use enchantment.
Dude: Hits but does little damage.
You: Hit and do lots of damage.

And so on and so forth..... have a nice day.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:

1. I am a private who can never win in pvp
2. I am storm so I have low health
3. I don't use Wild Bolt due to everybody thinking it is unfair...

See I am CLEAR!!!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
NuganStonehelm wrote:
Bolts are not cheating, but being a noob and using treasures is. Treasures can be used if you want to win the game but as far as dueling goes, it is to show who is stronger, using spells that aren't yours is totally unfair. also i am pretty sure that nobody has cried over this issue.

Treasure Cards and Wild Bolt should not be taken out of the game!!! They are completly fair especially because Wild Bolt only has 10% accuracy...

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I usually don't mind about wild bolts or treasure cards but when I lose to an apprentice because he had super nova, lord nightshade, and wild bolt. I'm pretty mad.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
NuganStonehelm wrote:

Treasure Cards and Wild Bolt should not be taken out of the game!!! They are completly fair especially because Wild Bolt only has 10% accuracy...
with the right equipment you get 15% boast, aming it 25 with a sniper making it 45. almost every time you use it you will get it -.- so DONT SAY "Oh it only has 10 accuracy."

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
you are right deathclass777 it is not cheating because well you do not lose anything for losing the battle (and if its a ranked match you still gett 3 tickets by the way) and if they use treasure cards they are only taking awayfrom themselves ( gama said once u use a treasure card it is gone no matter what i found this to be true in the pvp!) they LOSE THE TREASURE CARD ANY WAYS!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Just a note for the developers, NOT the players.

You put level caps on most of the clothing, why don't you put it on the spells?

I didn't play this game, but my children "DID". LVL 12 and 15 mind you with EARNED gear not crown or PvP gear. so were talking 600 - 1000hp. SO I asked them why they don't want to play anymore. They explained they wanted to do the PvP part of the game as well as the questing. I looked at their PvP states 0 wins 20+ losses. I told them they needed to practice and come up with a game plan. There answer was "not when you get hit in the 2nd round (2 pips) with a lightning bolt that takes all your health."

SO, I tried it. What I noticed is an attempt on your part to place players into a PvP skill category. Private-Sargeant etc... Once you get into higher rank even if your lvl stays the same you fight higher level players and higher rank players. (for ex. my lvl 5 was matched to a lvl 20 because I was ranked as a commander) The way around this? (****while you are still earning the TICKETS****) let your apponent win until your back down to private. Do this a few times and you'll have 5000 tickets to buy special gear that add all kinds of % to your stats and back to Bolting you go at a higher hit rate.

HOW do I know this. I DID IT. MY G@D. There is no skill or thought process involved.

Could they start over and do the same? Sure, but their already tired of it and moved on.

WOW...been gaming and MMORPG etc... since MUDD. I can't blame em for quiting the game.