Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss Battle, How do you do them?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
How I usually do a Boss battle is I take them out with one Shot and of the boss still has health use a wand or a Normal Attack

Wolf SilverSpear Level: 42 Fire

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I take out the minion first. Then work on the boss by laying the traps, and blading my wizard. Then i hit large and use smaller spells to finish him off.

Hannah Lifebringer level 50 Life

Historian
May 15, 2009
i dont have this problem because i am storm and storm has the best attack power ( but worst accuracy)
so its not really a problem i lay down storm blade storm trap a feint and that's it for the first 3 worlds ( wizard city, krokotopia, marleybone)
after that it needs more usually

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
I mostly take out the minions first, their easier, and then theres already one person less attacking you.

Delver
May 31, 2009
kill the minions, they are usually quick kills that only require a blade or a trap added to finish them. facing the boss one on one lets you heal while setting up the big hit to see how much damage you can do. These are great fights for trying combos.

of course the other option is for those with all spells, nothing like a tempest to kill all the minions and get the boss`s attention.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
superluther wrote:
I take out the minion first. Then work on the boss by laying the traps, and blading my wizard. Then i hit large and use smaller spells to finish him off.

Hannah Lifebringer level 50 Life
good thing is I'm not alone in this world i ALWAYS try to take out the minion first minion has the same power but less health so take it out first :)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I agree, take out the minion(s) first.

But you also need to stop before entering each boss battle and evulate your current spells. Remove those of the same school and/or add prisms, add opposing school spells if available, and remove unneeded cards to make the deck more efficent.

(As an aside to this, make sure you have some treasure cards if you use them a lot, don't let the well run dry :) )