Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sunken city

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
hello i am an initiate necromancer and i need some help. i just barely got the spiral key but i want to beat wizard city before i go to other worlds. but i dont know to get to sunken city, should i just skip it? any suggestions?

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Sunken City.

What 2 words!

If you just got the Spiral key, you should try with a Grandmaster, or high level. Sunken City is very hard, and it's a dungeon.

If when you are in Marleybone, you should still NOT solo it, you could try.

You need a friend with this one, exept levels probably 40-60*

Hannah Dragonsword, level 39 FIRE

*Coming soon

Delver
May 31, 2009
you get the quest from ambrose after you beat lord foulgaze and storm drain tower he send you under the waterfall where you find the death school. there is a wizard there who needs your help finishing their schoolwork that last part of which is finding grubb in the sunken city. If you go there in the afternoon there are usally plentyof peoplewhowant todo sunken city looking for teammates.

personal tips; first goto kroktopia and talk to the sargent major he will give you a second potion bottle, second understand there are section where you are suppose to get "caught", third there are three towers you must tackle to get to the next section of the dungeon the first two are single level the third is like golem tower 5 levels, four in the first to sections you will fight myth and death all around 500 in the next section fire is added to the mix, sixth the area around the gate into the next section is clear so grab your red dots from here if you can, and lastly makeeveryoneyour friend so you can port out healup and port back. Grubb(death) is 1000 and has one scarecrow (fire) for each of you up to three. BRING FRIENDS, FULL POTIONS,AND MARK YOUR SPOT OFTEN. GOOD LUCK.

oh I have done this with a group of level 13 (death life balance storm) you should do fine just remember the tips and understand you are supposed to get caught in places.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
mpetersen68 wrote:
you get the quest from ambrose after you beat lord foulgaze and storm drain tower he send you under the waterfall where you find the death school. there is a wizard there who needs your help finishing their schoolwork that last part of which is finding grubb in the sunken city. If you go there in the afternoon there are usally plentyof peoplewhowant todo sunken city looking for teammates.

personal tips; first goto kroktopia and talk to the sargent major he will give you a second potion bottle, second understand there are section where you are suppose to get "caught", third there are three towers you must tackle to get to the next section of the dungeon the first two are single level the third is like golem tower 5 levels, four in the first to sections you will fight myth and death all around 500 in the next section fire is added to the mix, sixth the area around the gate into the next section is clear so grab your red dots from here if you can, and lastly makeeveryoneyour friend so you can port out healup and port back. Grubb(death) is 1000 and has one scarecrow (fire) for each of you up to three. BRING FRIENDS, FULL POTIONS,AND MARK YOUR SPOT OFTEN. GOOD LUCK.

oh I have done this with a group of level 13 (death life balance storm) you should do fine just remember the tips and understand you are supposed to get caught in places.

Great tips!
And set aside a good chunk of time. Took me about an hour or so. Some people might be able to do it faster, idk, but both times I did it (either solo w/minions or with a friend) it was long. Good luck!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I've been trying to get some help with sunken city too because of the length of time it would take.

But all of my "friends" wont even bother :p

So I am looking for help to. If anyone is along the same path or will just help out, can you pm me so we can set up a quest time and date?

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
The way you beat it is todally simple more friends here people i'm sry but i done think anyone 15 or lower could do it without a friend i couldn't

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
accioliv88 wrote:
Sunken City.

What 2 words!

If you just got the Spiral key, you should try with a Grandmaster, or high level. Sunken City is very hard, and it's a dungeon.

If when you are in Marleybone, you should still NOT solo it, you could try.

You need a friend with this one, exept levels probably 40-60*

Hannah Dragonsword, level 39 FIRE

*Coming soon

I have been doing marylybone solo since level 26 I am just now 32 and I find no issues doing it on my own. So saying you have to be 40 or 60 is an overstatement. Maybe the 3 hour dungeon you may need help but you don't need buddies for all of marlybone.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Hug the walls
Bring friends
Bring healing
Heal tankers
Set up for mob attacks
Finish off weakest enemy first (Less enemies=less damage= faster fights)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Sunken City doesn't have to be done to advance in the game. You can wait until you're bigger.

If you're doing it alone, you'll probably want to be at least level 35 or so (although I did it at level 28 on my Life wizard).

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
dalsu wrote:
hello i am an initiate necromancer and i need some help. i just barely got the spiral key but i want to beat wizard city before i go to other worlds. but i dont know to get to sunken city, should i just skip it? any suggestions?

The sunken city is an Optional dungeon. You can skip it if you would like. But if you would rather do it I would suggest bringing friends. I found the sunken city rather annoying. You run into battle with those myth minions with like 500 health. I did the sunekn city solo and beat it! So be careful on the street if you decide to do it.