Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Giant and Storm Lord

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
I have recently noticed a MAJOR problem in game, the grandmaster ice spell (ice giant) hits weakly (of course) since it is ice, but it has stun, an ice spell. however the storm grandmaster spell (storm lord) hits very powerfully, and ALSO HAS STUN, which is an ice spell. please explain to me why they are simply a better version of ice. they aren't, but their grand master spell is. it is not fair and stun should be removed from storm lord.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
I think I can answer your question. Ice is meant to be weaker than other schools, because its ,more of a defensive school. (Thaumaturges have lots of HP) Storm lord is more powerful than Frost Giant, because storm is more powerful than any other school. (but it also has low accuracy, and diviners have low HP.) Although, it might be a good idea to replace Storm Lord's stunning with say, 240 fire damage over three turns. (Because lightning doesn't stun, it sets stuff on fire.)

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
MOONMAN45 wrote:
I think I can answer your question. Ice is meant to be weaker than other schools, because its ,more of a defensive school. (Thaumaturges have lots of HP) Storm lord is more powerful than Frost Giant, because storm is more powerful than any other school. (but it also has low accuracy, and diviners have low HP.) Although, it might be a good idea to replace Storm Lord's stunning with say, 240 fire damage over three turns. (Because lightning doesn't stun, it sets stuff on fire.)

at very least, take away the stun, i understand the hit is weak, i am really asking about the stun, it isn't a storm spell. i know they are strong (and yes i know, i am an ice grand with about 3500+ health) not even the fire over turns, just make it storm lord REALLLYYYY strong. because that is how storm works.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
if you gave storm lord fire damage over time that would be to much like a fire spell becuase fire's specialty is damage over time. but you could do storm damage over time maybe?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
NuganStonehelm wrote:
MOONMAN45 wrote:

at very least, take away the stun, i understand the hit is weak, i am really asking about the stun, it isn't a storm spell. i know they are strong (and yes i know, i am an ice grand with about 3500+ health) not even the fire over turns, just make it storm lord REALLLYYYY strong. because that is how storm works.

I just checked, and considering the fact that Kraken already outpowers every ice spell in existince, I think that fire over turns would be more reasonable. You already find that spell irritating, but do you REALLY want it to do more? An, even if you do get stunned, it only lasts one turn, and then you get stun block. (And remember, Storm Lord costs SEVEN PIPS. Even if they get lucky with power PIPs, thats still a minimum of four turns. In that time, you should be able to hit the enemy several times. ( Ice Wyvern or Colossus would serve well. ) And, Storm Lord only has 70% accuracy, instead of ice's 80% accuracy.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
I still do not understand why it is necessary to give the lord a stun as it is in fact, an ice spell. leave the damage for lord where it is, but take away that stun, storm does not deserve it, it is not one of their spells.

Delver
May 31, 2009
NuganStonehelm wrote:
I still do not understand why it is necessary to give the lord a stun as it is in fact, an ice spell. leave the damage for lord where it is, but take away that stun, storm does not deserve it, it is not one of their spells.

stun does not belong to ice, many classes possess a stun some even have a chioce between single and group stuns. It is a proper effect as anyone close to thunder and lighting can tell you, and being hit by a storm lord is as close as you can get so of course your stunned. And they are not the same spell as any fizzle riddled storm player will tell you, your % is higher.

Ice is a whole different type of nasty, the top PvP players are balance, myth, and ice. I have no sympathy for players in these classes as people who play them are dominate players, if you think ice is too weak you should take some time and rethink how you play ice. I have almost as easy a time winning with me ice character as I do with my myth.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
MOONMAN45 wrote:
lol

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
if you think about it frost giant is just a weaker version of storm lord lol

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
NuganStonehelm wrote:

stun does not belong to ice, many classes possess a stun some even have a chioce between single and group stuns. It is a proper effect as anyone close to thunder and lighting can tell you, and being hit by a storm lord is as close as you can get so of course your stunned. And they are not the same spell as any fizzle riddled storm player will tell you, your % is higher.

Ice is a whole different type of nasty, the top PvP players are balance, myth, and ice. I have no sympathy for players in these classes as people who play them are dominate players, if you think ice is too weak you should take some time and rethink how you play ice. I have almost as easy a time winning with me ice character as I do with my myth.

you are quite right, i play as ice and dominate quite easily. not to be arrogant. i have no problems with being Ice i know it is very strong. i just don't get why S.L. needs a stun, it is already extremely powerful and stun is not, in fact, a storm spell, i know myth also has stun but storm does not. i just find it annoying that they have stun where their shouldn't be one, they are already strong, whereas Ice giant is weak, but the stun makes up for it, but storm lord is strong, AND HAS STUN. that is all.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:

Ice is a whole different type of nasty.

Quite possibly my new favorite quote :P

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
NuganStonehelm wrote:

actually with all grand gear storm has 85% accuracy, and ice is the VERY FIRST to get stun, lvl 2 besides ice needs stun more than any school due to low attacks

Delver
May 31, 2009
these are the top "all" spells each doing more then one thing
storm does 690 and stuns 70%
balance 470 plus 25% weakness 85%
fire does a total of 791 , of which 351 happens over three rounds keeping oppenents from shielding themselves75%
death steals 400 and gives half to the caster 85%
myth has earthquake does 310 and strips all oppenents of all charms and wards 80%
ice does 470 and stuns 80%
and life gives absorb shields and heals 90%
if you take stun away what should storm get with its storm lord?

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
these are the top "all" spells each doing more then one thing
storm does 690 and stuns 70%
balance 470 plus 25% weakness 85%
fire does a total of 791 , of which 351 happens over three rounds keeping oppenents from shielding themselves75%
death steals 400 and gives half to the caster 85%
myth has earthquake does 310 and strips all oppenents of all charms and wards 80%
ice does 470 and stuns 80%
and life gives absorb shields and heals 90%
if you take stun away what should storm get with its storm lord?

It would be the strongest one. and why not give it a weakness? or the burn thing huh? why give it the ice spell? (yes yes yes i know i know stun is myth too) Storms special ability is to be REALLLY strong, their GM spell is just a stronger versions of ice.

Delver
May 31, 2009
first fire does more damage,second what if you replaced stun with black mantle?

Defender
May 09, 2009
k some of you are saying take away stun and leave storm lord where it is, others are saying take away stun and replace with the over time damage.

there is one more posiblility...................LEAVE IT WHERE IT IS

i just started a storm because i have been wondering what its like to be in the strongest school. so far it has been great!

now i'm not going to pass judgment just yet because i dont know what its like to be a grandmaster in storm with all the spells, and i suggest the same for everyone else. do not ask KI to remove something from a school just because you cant take a hit from it.

instead try out the school, get to know what its really like for a storm, or anyother school. that way you really know what it specialty is and why KI gave it the power and spells it did.

people complain about balance well they should try it first because they say judgment is overpowered well its not because if you take a look at the rest of the spells they are between strenghths ( same with its power nova) and every school has its ONE BIG SPELL.

so i dont know what storms BIG SPELL is it might be storm lord idk so unless you have a storm leave it alone untile you know all about it, then take a look on what you have said before and decide if its true if you still think its true then go ahead and post what you want about it. but until then just let it be.

Connor DuneStrider lvl 50 balance
Connor SkullWalker lvl 48 death
Connor SunBlood lvl 12 fire
Connor SilverShard lvl 10 storm

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
k some of you are saying take away stun and leave storm lord where it is, others are saying take away stun and replace with the over time damage.

i just started a storm because i have been wondering what its like to be in the strongest school. so far it has been great!

now i'm not going to pass judgment just yet because i dont know what its like to be a grandmaster in storm with all the spells, and i suggest the same for everyone else. do not ask KI to remove something from a school just because you cant take a hit from it.

instead try out the school, get to know what its really like for a storm, or anyother school. that way you really know what it specialty is and why KI gave it the power and spells it did.

people complain about balance well they should try it first because they say judgment is overpowered well its not because if you take a look at the rest of the spells they are between strenghths ( same with its power nova) and every school has its ONE BIG SPELL.

so i dont know what storms BIG SPELL is it might be storm lord idk so unless you have a storm leave it alone untile you know all about it, then take a look on what you have said before and decide if its true if you still think its true then go ahead and post what you want about it. but until then just let it be.

Connor DuneStrider lvl 50 balance
Connor SkullWalker lvl 48 death
Connor SunBlood lvl 12 fire
Connor SilverShard lvl 10 storm

it isnt that i cant take a hit from it. i just dont understand why they need to stun people.

Delver
May 31, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:

Relax, no ones gonna change storm lord or any other spell we are just venting and throwing out ideas, of which some might become new spells farther down the line. New levels are opening up later this summer with new spells which get there start in forums like this.

You talk about balance spells being in between (using judgement is a poor choice for your example) the measure of a spell`s strength is the "base" damage it does vs the pips it cost. Judgement at 100 per pip is only beaten by some fire spells and almost all the storm spells, if we add the bonuses possible only triton can do more damage than judgement.

I`m not pickin and I hope you keep having fun with your storm character (I know I am), but don`t be fooled there is a reason balance has more warlords than any other school and its called "judgement".

Delver
May 29, 2009
It would be the strongest one. and why not give it a weakness? or the burn thing huh? why give it the ice spell? (yes yes yes i know i know stun is myth too) Storms special ability is to be REALLLY strong, their GM spell is just a stronger versions of ice.

Okay first of all according to the your original post, you sound like you are disgruntled because Storm Lord's extra oomph is an ice spell (stun). You don't want Storm Lord to have a spell similar to what your school has. BUT you are willing to say it's okay for the spell to use a Fire DOT or Balance's Weakness spell. That's a little hypocritical.

mpetersen68 wrote:
first fire does more damage,second what if you replaced stun with black mantle?

This would seem to show agreement with the OP that it is okay to give out Balance's Black Mantle spell. Fire already gets a version of this spell with their Smoke Screen that gives imprecision to ALL players.

Why not put Curse spells on all the players? Hm probably because they belong to Death.

Can't use Storm Lord and have absorb put on all the players cause that belongs to Life.

Storm doesn't really have a spell that is "effective" to just hang there until used. They have Cleanse Charm to take off negative blades from themselves and they have Disarm Charm to take off positive blades from their enemies.

There is a balance to everything that is done. As well, as fairness to all players.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
MOONMAN45 wrote:

Techinchally it does stun like if you got shocked with electricity you couldn't move your body would be is parylisis.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Storm needs it though cause if we didn't have it we would be dead cause of our weak defenses and bad HP. Stop thinking storm needs no stun cause we need just as much as ice does.

Scarlet Shadow
Level 48 Diviner

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
ThePieMaster wrote:
MOONMAN45 wrote:

Techinchally it does stun like if you got shocked with electricity you couldn't move your body would be is parylisis.

Technically lightning burns stuff.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
I don't actually think storm should have one of the other schools specials, i was merely using it as an example, because looking at Ice Giant and Storm lord, Lord is simply a stronger Giant. I feel that since storms boost is powerful hits, then just make it REALLY strong.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
If they were to remove the stun effect from Storm Lord, then my idea would be to replace it with a 25% storm trap. Like windstorm (i think that's the spell).