Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Greyrose, help me on this, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Greyrose, i need to talk about something. The Great Spyre is realy unfair to me :(. I think that they should remake it so that people can do it alone, and then they can get it over with without help from friends who never, ever want to help. PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
greenguy123 wrote:
Greyrose, i need to talk about something. The Great Spyre is realy unfair to me :(. I think that they should remake it so that people can do it alone, and then they can get it over with without help from friends who never, ever want to help. PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOO! They should acually make it a bit harder in my opinion because it is very easy now and I could do it in 35 minutes or less.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i doubt they would do this
this quest is made specifically for a max dungeon i believe it forces you to make friends basically

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
Err what? You are willing to trade companionship to trade for solo? This is a fairly foolish choice. If you abandon companionship you will be alone in the great spyre you will fail. Companionship is one of the great things in wizard101 and one of the things you need to succeed any battle,any dungeon all the time. So I wouldn't risk being alone in the great spyre.
Lucas Drakebloom level 28 ice student
Hero of Krokotopia
"Companionship is the element we need to survive"

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
How about this:

When you go on the blue dungeon things there's 2 options before the countdown starts

1) Do you wish to do this by yourself ( solo )
2) Do you wish to do this with your fellow wizard friends ( companionship )

You choose which one you want

Choice 1

If you wanna do solo then it will remove all the boss minions ( fire battle, ice battle, malistaire ) and the 1st two battles ( fire and myth ). The crystal, 2 ice dragons will be removed as well.

Only 2 of the death flying things ( forgot name ) which is the 2nd last battle in the dungeon you have to kill to make malistaire fall from his flying position. Now you know after you kill them a cutscene activates. You only have to fight malistaire by yourself. Thats all....

Choice 2

Its the normal one [ Duh :-o ]

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
greenguy123 wrote:

I play all of my characters mainly solo. In fact, only time I play them in a group is when they're helping out other people's characters. Or for the battle with Malistair which requires at least 1 other person to use the crystals to get to him...

The only character of mine I haven't played yet is my Myth girl. But that's cause I was getting all of the crafting quests out of the way before starting on the story lines...

But my Fire, Storm, Life, Death, and Ice wizards have had no problems fighting solo, just using their primary school spells, then later when leveled up enough, the trap and blade spells from Niles in Krokatopia for added boosts.

And no, no treasure cards used for fighting. I've never used a treasure card myself outside of crafting furniture. And I expect no issues with my Myth wizard when I start playing her in the quests.

It's very possible to play solo. In fact, I perfer solo, rather then group play. Irritates the Hades out of me for players to jump in and ruining my play.

You just need to be observant and pick one enemy at a time to fight. Make sure they're far enough away from other enemies in the route path they have, so you can get a head start on hitting them, before a 2nd joins in.

Pick the fight at the spot that you'd be joining the battle...The closer you are to your starting point, further away they are from thiers, helps get you the first move in battle. ;)

Also, setting up your deck properly helps. Every character has thier strengths and weaknesses. Set your play around their strengths, and you'll find solo-ing a breeze.

If you have higher level characters, have them purchase your character's gear items for their levels...This way your lower level character has the best gear on for his/her level, thus helps towards gaining extra footing in battles.

Oh, and wand wise? Try to have the appropriately leveled wands for the 0 pip spells from Balance and Myth...And use the Balance wand most of the time, unless the opponent is Balance. In that case, use the Myth wand as it does more damage to Balance.

Using your school wand actually works against your school spells (eats up boost/blades), as well as most opponents have shields from the other schools (except from Balance) which makes having wands from the other schools waste spell setups from other players joining in invited or uninvited. ;)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Yeah, except you need THREE people to activate the crystals in the spyre, DUH! :x All i want them to is make it so we can activate the crystal stands without being forced to swap it with another crystal, so you have to do it with friends who will take1 look at an enemy and flee and never come back even if you BEG!! Again, they need to change it, because i can't count the players I know who spend their crowns left and right only to discover they need to have friends help. SO, I say change the great spyre, or make it so Henchmen (the guys you buy with crowns) will be able to be like REAL players. They should walk around, battle enemies, use stuff like the crystal stands, take orders from you, and stuff like that :P. Anyway, out of those two choices, Kingsisle NEEDS to pick one. Say whatever you want, people, I'm NOT listening. :x

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
greenguy123 wrote:
Yeah, except you need THREE people to activate the crystals in the spyre, DUH! :x All i want them to is make it so we can activate the crystal stands without being forced to swap it with another crystal, so you have to do it with friends who will take1 look at an enemy and flee and never come back even if you BEG!! Again, they need to change it, because i can't count the players I know who spend their crowns left and right only to discover they need to have friends help. SO, I say change the great spyre, or make it so Henchmen (the guys you buy with crowns) will be able to be like REAL players. They should walk around, battle enemies, use stuff like the crystal stands, take orders from you, and stuff like that :P. Anyway, out of those two choices, Kingsisle NEEDS to pick one. Say whatever you want, people, I'm NOT listening. :x

You can do it with only TWO players easily...You mark one of the crystals. Then you go to the other one, your friend to another, and both of you activate your two crystals. Then you teleport to the last crystal and activate it.

Very easy to do and we do it all the time, just hubby and me. 8)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I finaly beat it!!! :D So, i'll stop complaining!