Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Item drops problem?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Ok i am a lvl 47 diviner and i constantly try to farm for my grand gear but i noticed something. When i use storm spells the majority of the time in a match i end up getting death items. (I got the one hundred hit death sword on my first try and malistaire's death robe not to mention the gurtok death ring.) Thats not all, when i use my secondary school death spells the majority of the time i end up getting storm items. So does this mean that when it comes to item drops schools get paired up and have to use the other type of atatck to get the right items?
I think the other pairs up are:
Death and Storm
Myth and Life
Fire and Ice
And it think Balance is just completely random what they get.
I'm not sure if this is a problem though because i quite like the idea and it makes farming a bit easier if you have the right cards. However it doesnt always work it just does work a lot of the time (maybe about 75% of the time).

Hero
May 27, 2009
That's an interesting theory. You know, my Life Grand took forever getting her hat from Kraysys, and she got at least six pairs of myth boots, but she got just as much balance stuff and death boots too. Not to mention like ten wraith amulets. It didn't seem to matter if she had help with it or not. But what you're saying is if I had maybe loaded up on Myth treasures and used them during the battle, I may have upped my chances? I'll have to try that with my next farming expedition, which is Malistaire for the robe.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Willowdreamer wrote:
That's an interesting theory. You know, my Life Grand took forever getting her hat from Kraysys, and she got at least six pairs of myth boots, but she got just as much balance stuff and death boots too. Not to mention like ten wraith amulets. It didn't seem to matter if she had help with it or not. But what you're saying is if I had maybe loaded up on Myth treasures and used them during the battle, I may have upped my chances? I'll have to try that with my next farming expedition, which is Malistaire for the robe.

Ok please reply back on this thread if it worked or not and remember it might take a while to work and that this is just a theory i am not sure if its true or not.