Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Must I defeat Malistaire to go to Celestia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Will we need to have defeated Malistaire in DragonSpyre before we can move on to Celestia?

(I know that Celestia isn't here yet, but it's nice to be a little prepared for what's to come :) )

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Bakhtin wrote:
Will we need to have defeated Malistaire in DragonSpyre before we can move on to Celestia?

(I know that Celestia isn't here yet, but it's nice to be a little prepared for what's to come :) )
Of course, malistare is part of the main storyline and i am guessing celestia will.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
Good question. I asked that in another thread about Celestia. Since I solo 99.9% of the time defeating Malastaire on my own isn't doable so I haven't really been persuing it. An answer to this question would be great.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Please be part of the main storyline please be part of the main storyline please be part of the main storyline because I don't want another world like Grizzleheim

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I am glad this question is being raised too. I don't have the time for a 3 hour dungeon and then be unable to solo malistare. When I realized that was the case, I parked my Grand fire. Most of my friends through the game are seldom on anymore, or gone off to other games.

Hope that Malistare is not a requirement so I can see Celestia. If it is,I guess I won't.

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
Here is my guess: I don't think that you need to defeat malistaire to move on to celestia. I think it will be like Grizzleheim: a side world.
Lucas Drakebloom level 28 ice student
Hero of Krokotopia

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
It most likely will be a storyline world (99.9% guarantee) because otherwise they probably wouldn't raise the lvl cap.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I'm thinking you dont have to. Just be lvl 50.Why do I think that? Cause the lvl cap is gonna increase to lvl 60. It seems pretty obvious that once your done lvling up to 50 is D.S, then you move on to celestia as a grand master.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
i am suspecting you dont because malistaire was already defeated and that was the main goal of the game hope my advice helps

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I hope all you guys saying probably not are right :)

Survivor
May 31, 2009
No, i dont think you will have to defeat malistaire but i think you should anyways, just to follow the storyline, and yes i am positive this world will NOT be a sideworld because they increased the lvl cap to 60 and that it is bringing new schools and when grizzleheim came, the only thing that came out was the crafting system. However, this is my opinion so it still may be a sideworld, there isnt anyway of knowing yet.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Celestia is NOT going to be a parallel world like Grizzleheim. This means that it continues the storyline like all the rest of the worlds.

You had to defeat Lord Nightshade in order to open up Krokotopia.

You had to defeat Krokopatra in order to open up Marleybone.

You had to defeat Meowiarty in order to open up Mooshu.

You had to defeat Jade Oni in order to open up Dragonspyre.

So, yes ... you will have to defeat Malistaire in order to open up Celestia.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Here is what I think (it does not matter to me how we get there, I am going no matter what :P ):

To get to Celestia we will probably start at Ambrose and have a moderate side quest in each of the current worlds. Kind of like gathering clues to unlock this "secret" world.

I personally would like the "final clue" to be completing BriskBreeze tower
Malistaire is a pushover compared to that boss...but don't worry folks, this will not be a requirement.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
they would not do all the upgrades if there wasnt another part of the storyline and you will have to do malistaire to get to celestia

Survivor
May 02, 2009
nick5678910 wrote:
Please be part of the main storyline please be part of the main storyline please be part of the main storyline because I don't want another world like Grizzleheim
what if they made a relm thats like the aztecs indian ruld by panthers

Defender
May 09, 2009
zeusthedog wrote:
I am glad this question is being raised too. I don't have the time for a 3 hour dungeon and then be unable to solo malistare. When I realized that was the case, I parked my Grand fire. Most of my friends through the game are seldom on anymore, or gone off to other games.

Hope that Malistare is not a requirement so I can see Celestia. If it is,I guess I won't.

the dungeon for malistair is not 3 hours long. it might take that long if you decide to fight all the monsters there. when i go me and my friends usally only fight 10 monsters and they are the only required ones. if you need to get past some monsters then have someone go into the battle you walk around them get to a safe place and then they flee and come back.

this cuts down time by a lot . so dont worry. and malistair himself is pretty easy. if you want to solo it then you need at least 3 people just to activate some crystals to get through some doors so you can get to malistair.

then 2 people because you must fight 2 draconians and they are on opposite sides of the room. they will respawn if you dont have them both dead at the same time.

then you can solo from their because then its just 4 high health monsters then malistair with his 3 same high health monsters.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Here is a new question will Malistare be moved to celestia because after all he is the final boss...

James Lion Level 50 Necromancer

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
nick5678910 wrote:

I couldn't agree more! From what KI has written in their news, it looks like Celestia is part of the main storyline and therefore you must finish DS to continue! This makes the most sense. We need to continue beyond Dragonspyre!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Well, I was kinda hoping not, since I am one of those strange soloers in the game.

Oh well, if that is the case, and there is no way around it, I guess I will hvae to figure out how to find a pick-up group for Malistair at some point.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
there is a 99.9% chance it will be main story line and my guess is that the 2 doors in nidaveler( i think) will be like the way to get in there the first time making grizzle heim a main story line cause you would need to go through everything in grizzleheim to open them and you must also beat malistare to get a key for the doors or something but even though you beat malistare and have the keys you would not be able to go in because that random guy in nidavler( I think ) would tell you his magic also seals the doors and you need to defeat him atop of the ravens palace place. And if anyone is wondering malistare i am sure will still be DS boss and celistia boss will be the awakened and escaped dragon titon plus you will have to face any other titan that goes with the schools

hope i am right and helped
Malorn Ashthorn lvl 47/48 (cause i am so close) Death
main place that i am doing right now grizzle heim ( for the exp)

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
boxie8 wrote:
Here is a new question will Malistare be moved to celestia because after all he is the final boss...

James Lion Level 50 Necromancer

You have a point. If Celestia is going to be part of the main storyline, Kingsisle will probably move Malistare to Celestia. This is just a guess, but if this guess is true then only one question remains.

What boss are you going to have to defeat in Dragonspyre to unlock Celestia?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Just because there is a new world coming out after dragonspyre does not mean that Malistaire is now going to be moved to the new world. Malistaire is in DS and is going to stay.

Just because you defeat Malistaire doesn't mean the story has to end, or that Malistaire has to be brought back (you killed him, he's dead, get over it).

A new chapter awaits us, perhaps even a new villian ... certainly a new twist to the plot. And just where IS Bartleby's missing eye????

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
i got nothing to worry bout i have defeated malistaire tons.
carlos willowstaff lvl 50 fire
joseph griffinhorn lvl 50 balance
carlos willowstaff lvl 42 life

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
they are adding three new secondary schools with the addition of celestia. I assume that all three schools are located in celestia. They would each have a rather small spell selection if you could only start learning them at level 50.
What is a secondary spell school like anyway?
There is bound to be a whole bunch of equipment dedicated to boosting attack, accuracy, and resistance to the new schools.
Further they need new players in order for the game community to grow. My highest wizard is at level 26. I am afraid a new level 50 world would not exactly pique my interest.

These points make me think that celestia will be a side world.

I suppose that they could throw a curve at us and make it both a plot and a side world. Allow low level players access to the new schools and a few quests, but have a level restriction for other areas within the world.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I hope you don't have to defeat Malistare before going to Celestia because if you think of eventually the new wizards are going to be stuck on Unicorn Way while they have to endure the torture of hearing Grandmasters talk about how amazing Celestia is and the new wizards would know that it would take YEARS probably to get there.

"Life always finds a way to prosper, even in the darkest caverns."
Mark Crowhead, level 38 Theurgist