Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Must I defeat Malistaire to go to Celestia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
lightbing221 wrote:
boxie8 wrote:
Here is a new question will Malistare be moved to celestia because after all he is the final boss...

James Lion Level 50 Necromancer

You have a point. If Celestia is going to be part of the main storyline, Kingsisle will probably move Malistare to Celestia. This is just a guess, but if this guess is true then only one question remains.

What boss are you going to have to defeat in Dragonspyre to unlock Celestia?

THE DRAGON TITAN!!!!!!!!!! malistaire will awaken him, run like a girl ( just like in big ben) and leave you to beat the dragon titan. This is only an idea though (albeit a good one)

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Bakhtin wrote:
Will we need to have defeated Malistaire in DragonSpyre before we can move on to Celestia?

(I know that Celestia isn't here yet, but it's nice to be a little prepared for what's to come :) )

I believe so. I dont think its going to be a Lvl 15 and up world like Grizzleheim

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Right now, we are all just guessing. To the OP, if you need help with Malistaire there are a couple of options available to you as a single player.

1. Stand by the door in a busy realm and see if you cannot join a group going in.

2. You might try to get a contact (through Wizard Central [a separate fan site you can google for it]) to help you out with Malistaire so you longer need to fear whether you will be allowed to move on to Celestia. They have a forum section called IN GAME QUEST HELPS AND MEET UPS. Write a post under the MERCENARIES FOR HIRE thread.

3. Now there is a more desperate option (the one I chose), a second family account (only $4 more per month over a single account), which will give you plenty of fire power to hit just about any instance that comes your way.

Also, Malistaire's lair is the only place for most of your top gear. For that reason you should visit it as often as you can until you have your top gear. Top gear raises your power pip percentage, increases accuracy (up to 85% for ice, 85% for fire, 90% for myth and 90% for storm) and increases resist from same school spells. Well worth your trouble.

As for those worried about listening to "grands" brag about Celestia, you can always port to a friend! At least I hope so, because I am just guessing on this one too.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
zeusthedog wrote:
I am glad this question is being raised too. I don't have the time for a 3 hour dungeon and then be unable to solo malistare. When I realized that was the case, I parked my Grand fire. Most of my friends through the game are seldom on anymore, or gone off to other games.

Hope that Malistare is not a requirement so I can see Celestia. If it is,I guess I won't.

the dungeon for malistair is not 3 hours long. it might take that long if you decide to fight all the monsters there. when i go me and my friends usally only fight 10 monsters and they are the only required ones. if you need to get past some monsters then have someone go into the battle you walk around them get to a safe place and then they flee and come back.

this cuts down time by a lot . so dont worry. and malistair himself is pretty easy. if you want to solo it then you need at least 3 people just to activate some crystals to get through some doors so you can get to malistair.

then 2 people because you must fight 2 draconians and they are on opposite sides of the room. they will respawn if you dont have them both dead at the same time.

then you can solo from their because then its just 4 high health monsters then malistair with his 3 same high health monsters.

BTW killing the two Draconians at the same time is a myth. I have done Malistaire twice and I ended up killing my Draconian each time before the others and I was alone (there was only three of us), of course one of my wizards was fire and the other was ice. I waited for others to defeat their Draconian and the one I had just killed did not and I repeat DID NOT Respawn unless it is on a timer and you have a certain amount of time to kill both before they respawn that is the only way I can think it is BUT they did not respawn especially after killing one. I thought I might point that out.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
conorjak7 wrote:
zeusthedog wrote:
I am glad this question is being raised too. I don't have the time for a 3 hour dungeon and then be unable to solo malistare. When I realized that was the case, I parked my Grand fire. Most of my friends through the game are seldom on anymore, or gone off to other games.

Hope that Malistare is not a requirement so I can see Celestia. If it is,I guess I won't.

the dungeon for malistair is not 3 hours long. it might take that long if you decide to fight all the monsters there. when i go me and my friends usally only fight 10 monsters and they are the only required ones. if you need to get past some monsters then have someone go into the battle you walk around them get to a safe place and then they flee and come back.

this cuts down time by a lot . so dont worry. and malistair himself is pretty easy. if you want to solo it then you need at least 3 people just to activate some crystals to get through some doors so you can get to malistair.

then 2 people because you must fight 2 draconians and they are on opposite sides of the room. they will respawn if you dont have them both dead at the same time.

then you can solo from their because then its just 4 high health monsters then malistair with his 3 same high health monsters.

BTW killing the two Draconians at the same time is a myth. I have done Malistaire twice and I ended up killing my Draconian each time before the others and I was alone (there was only three of us), of course one of my wizards was fire and the other was ice. I waited for others to defeat their Draconian and the one I had just killed did not and I repeat DID NOT Respawn unless it is on a timer and you have a certain amount of time to kill both before they respawn that is the only way I can think it is BUT they did not respawn especially after killing one. I thought I might point that out.

They do not have to be killed at exactly the same moment, but within a fairly short time of each other. I am not sure of the exact time frame, but it is far too short for a single wizard to kill one of them and then go kill the other.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I really dont think you need to beat Malistare because it will probaly be just like GrizzleHeim. I think you'll be able to go there if you're a member and be able to go at different levels. Just like GrizzleHeim. :D

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
lightbing221 wrote:
boxie8 wrote:
Here is a new question will Malistare be moved to celestia because after all he is the final boss...

You have a point. If Celestia is going to be part of the main storyline, Kingsisle will probably move Malistare to Celestia. This is just a guess, but if this guess is true then only one question remains.

I would say you have to defeat a lower alive version of malistare to get to celestia, and a ghost form to finish celestia. :D

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Also my thought on this also is grizzleheim will be the beginning of a second storyline celestia is going to be second world of second story line :)

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
For one thing Celestia will be after DS and will probably have the real mastermind behind the whole Malistaire thing. Think of Malistaire as Darth Vader and so the final boss of Celestia will be Darth Sidious. There is always a bigger fish and one that tempted Malistaire to do what he did. Besides Grandmasters already brag about DS to lower levels so what difference would it be for Celestia?

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
nick5678910 wrote:
Please be part of the main storyline please be part of the main storyline please be part of the main storyline because I don't want another world like Grizzleheim
I agree i hate grizzleheim and i really want it to be a main world!

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
inmy opinion you will have to defeat malistaire and thene you will disclver a greater evilbehind all this and thene we will discover that the original magical beings still exist like the dragons giants and tritons and that thei were pulling the strings all along

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Josh1128Sh wrote:
nick5678910 wrote:
Please be part of the main storyline please be part of the main storyline please be part of the main storyline because I don't want another world like Grizzleheim

I couldn't agree more! From what KI has written in their news, it looks like Celestia is part of the main storyline and therefore you must finish DS to continue! This makes the most sense. We need to continue beyond Dragonspyre!

I agree with both of you guys because the end of the game is kind of an abrupt ending so that is why they came out with Grizzleheim, to keep you busy until all of the people who defeated Malistaire and the Grandmasters(like me) can finally move on to the next world.That is why it will continue on from Dragonspyre!

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
seekanddestroy wrote:
lightbing221 wrote:
boxie8 wrote:

THE DRAGON TITAN!!!!!!!!!! malistaire will awaken him, run like a girl ( just like in big ben) and leave you to beat the dragon titan. This is only an idea though (albeit a good one)

No you wouldn't because you beat the game by defeating Malistaire.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
boxie8 wrote:

No... I dont think malistare will be moved to celestia. I mean if you do have to defeat malistare to get in how would you get in???? :?
~Chelsea Skytalon :D :) :-) :D

Survivor
May 24, 2009
i have a question- i am not sure if it has been asked yet, but do i have to finish all of my side quests like the books and crafting before i can get to celestial?????? many people are saying (in the game) that you need to and i have many of the book quests and i dont wanna spend my whole summer doing side quests :/

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
zebulous wrote:
they are adding three new secondary schools with the addition of celestia. I assume that all three schools are located in celestia. They would each have a rather small spell selection if you could only start learning them at level 50.
What is a secondary spell school like anyway?
There is bound to be a whole bunch of equipment dedicated to boosting attack, accuracy, and resistance to the new schools.
Further they need new players in order for the game community to grow. My highest wizard is at level 26. I am afraid a new level 50 world would not exactly pique my interest.

These points make me think that celestia will be a side world.

I suppose that they could throw a curve at us and make it both a plot and a side world. Allow low level players access to the new schools and a few quests, but have a level restriction for other areas within the world.

Really? Another side world. I am 100 % sure it wont be. When GH came out they said sorry to the high lvl players and said next time it would be for higher lvls. They promised for a new world for the higher players next. Not another side world. And too bad if you are low lvl. LVL UP!!! Its not that hard and like someone else said it would take years, it took me too months and i only played around to hours a day.

I think that you will have to beat malistare to get to celestia because thats the same thing that happened with all the other worlds. Beat the main boss to get to the next one.

David Stormblade lvl 46 balance
David Boomhaven lvl 50 storm
David Dragonrider lvl 1 life WOOOOO

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
zeusthedog wrote:

You realize that you just admitted that you are cheating through the Malistair dungeon to everyone in this entire message??