Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

two characters one one account

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
I have an account i share with my sister and we'd like to meet up on Wizard. :D
Our family cant pay for an extra membership, and we both want to play all the time. i was thinking you could add something where: one person logs on, and then someone logs onto the same account. A note comes up saying to the first person saying, "someone has logged onto your account and wishes to play [so-and-so] do you wish to let them play?" The first person has to choose either to kick the other player off, or let them play.

Administrator
I'm sorry, young Wizard but a single account can only be logged in once.
You will never be able to log in two characters on the same account at the same time.

Keep in mind, there's a discount on the subscription price for accounts linked through a Family of Accounts - the monthly subscription price drops to $6.95 for each account. Two accounts would be a total of $13.90 a month, instead of the $19.90 it would be for two un-linked accounts.

You may also want to read the following about transferring characters:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/16444.ftl

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 19, 2008
It sounds like Frostine is only asking for a notification system when someone tries to log into the game using your account from another computer.

This would be helpful for both the situation that Frostine describes as well as in the cases where someone without authorization has access to one's account.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
I agree with Frostine...
But for a kind of different reason:
You know how some quests are tough and NO friends online?
I could go on my account twice and on another wizard I could get help from and then I can fight what I wanted to since I cant afford crowns...

Travis Smith
Grandmaster Pyromancer 50

David Deathblade
Master Necromancer 40

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
OH and one more thing:
According to what Frostine said...
"Do you wish to let them play?"
Before that they have to enter the parent password for that account then the 1st person decides if they want to let them play...

The second person can only do a few things ;
pve, pvp, chat?, etc.

What they can't do 8) :
sell items, switch items, delete characters, add friends, delete friends, chat?, etc.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
MILANUP1 wrote:
OH and one more thing:
Before that they have to enter the parent password for that account then the 1st person decides if they want to let them play...

pve, pvp, chat?, etc.

What they can't do 8) :
sell items, switch items, delete characters, add friends, delete friends, chat?, etc.

Great idea! exept maybe there could be a code like a true friends code that you give to your friend( or yourself!) that they would have to enter in addition to the regular password. :D

P.S.-i am new to this so i am thrilled people are replying!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
MILANUP1 wrote:
OH and one more thing:

pve, pvp, chat?, etc.

What they can't do 8) :

what what what what! I have no idea how to go on two people on the same computer ..? In dragonspyre i was defeating a boss then somebody came over and said he was playing two people on the SAME computer! how is that possible? if somebody tells me how i would be so happy :D . please, it would be very good if you had the answer.

Let me clarify.

1 account = 1 logged in character
1 computer can run more than 1 account at a time* but they still need to be different accounts.

*this usually only applies to higher end computers.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.