Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

~Life Student Idea's! We Need Them~

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I think that life is a bit weak on the attack side, don't you think. If we life students could think of how to improve our attacks, we'd have a lot easier time in battle. We last long, but that's the problem...we last too long. We can't kill our enemies in a single blow like diviners. Here are some things to change, I think:

1. Bubble- We have a healing bubble, I'm OK with that. But what we don't have is an attack bubble. You know how fire has that boost-bubble?Wildfire? SO do ice, myth,and storm. I think that we sould have an attack bubble too!

2. 'hurt spells'- I think we should have a powerul spell like fire and storm. It should be in the range of 615-756. That way we could get a real blast. Also, i think we should have a multi hit spell. It should hurt the enemy as hard as a myth, but in the range of 205-315.

Post comments and idea's!

Emily Rainsword lvl 37 magus therguist

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
i TOTALLY agree w/ the attacking part. i was in a arena battle,2 v 2, me and a girl were defeated and there were 2 boys that were both life. IT TOOK FOREVER. i even had a chance to go to walmart and when i came back it was still going on!!! thats what i think instead of thinking of other schools think of the schools rite now that have trouble healing or attacking, then everyone will be even!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

lvl18/death

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
zorro11 wrote:
I think that life is a bit weak on the attack side, don't you think. If we life students could think of how to improve our attacks, we'd have a lot easier time in battle. We last long, but that's the problem...we last too long. We can't kill our enemies in a single blow like diviners. Here are some things to change, I think:

1. Bubble- We have a healing bubble, I'm OK with that. But what we don't have is an attack bubble. You know how fire has that boost-bubble?Wildfire? SO do ice, myth,and storm. I think that we sould have an attack bubble too!

2. 'hurt spells'- I think we should have a powerul spell like fire and storm. It should be in the range of 615-756. That way we could get a real blast. Also, i think we should have a multi hit spell. It should hurt the enemy as hard as a myth, but in the range of 205-315.

Post comments and idea's!

Emily Rainsword lvl 37 magus therguist

Alright, well i'm creating a life right now, but honestly, life is life, it's not made to be an attacking school. I mean, everyone would choose life if they had more attacking spells because you can heal and attack all at once, but really just get a second school or make a new character.

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
If you look up my post for "new life attack spell" i have an idea for a life spell that attacks all enemies

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Ok, life is the ONLY way of healing. Without life, healing wouldnt exist. Ok, fairy. LIFE spell. Fire/healing spell. HALF of it is what? Oh, yah, LIFE. Hm, death? Wouldnt be made to drain. Because it would have to drain from what school??? Life! AND, what would it give back? LIFE. Every one of those things wouldnt exist! The whole death school wouldnt be there. Everyone would die every second and the whole game would be a nightmere! Why is that? Its the same answer to everything i've asked. Life. We need life.

Does it need more attack? Yes. Was it MADE to heal? Yes. Can centaur get up to 3,000? Yes. Can you deal with it? Yes. Can people help you? Yes. Can you get a good secondary school? Yes. Can you rock at pvp? Heck yes! Do you STILL want to be able to heal? (I'll let you answer this....)

Secondary schools and treasure cards is life's main attack source. NOT life itself. Life is made to heal.

But, I'll give you an amazing fact. When I was a little 49 and went to make my dream come true and defeat Malistaire, I had two people helping me. Wanna know who the first guy was? Life. Second? Life. Wanna know how long it took? 30 mintues. THEY did most of the work with barely ANY treasure cards or use of secondary school. Thats proof.

Be glad. You're life.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Keena Firefountain~ lvl 46 Master Pyromancer

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
Ok, life is the ONLY way of healing. Without life, healing wouldnt exist. Ok, fairy. LIFE spell. Fire/healing spell. HALF of it is what? Oh, yah, LIFE. Hm, death? Wouldnt be made to drain. Because it would have to drain from what school??? Life! AND, what would it give back? LIFE. Every one of those things wouldnt exist! The whole death school wouldnt be there. Everyone would die every second and the whole game would be a nightmere! Why is that? Its the same answer to everything i've asked. Life. We need life.

Does it need more attack? Yes. Was it MADE to heal? Yes. Can centaur get up to 3,000? Yes. Can you deal with it? Yes. Can people help you? Yes. Can you get a good secondary school? Yes. Can you rock at pvp? Heck yes! Do you STILL want to be able to heal? (I'll let you answer this....)

Secondary schools and treasure cards is life's main attack source. NOT life itself. Life is made to heal.

But, I'll give you an amazing fact. When I was a little 49 and went to make my dream come true and defeat Malistaire, I had two people helping me. Wanna know who the first guy was? Life. Second? Life. Wanna know how long it took? 30 mintues. THEY did most of the work with barely ANY treasure cards or use of secondary school. Thats proof.

Be glad. You're life.

Just a little long winded there. Some friendly advice, try to make your points a little quicker or else people reading these either get bored or just mad that you're dissing their ideas so harshly without trying to see their point of view at all. The way you stated your thoughts suggested that you have no respect for other's thoughts and thought everyone should only listen to you. That's all i have to say

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
IamLezul wrote:

Yes but to do that you need
Life blade, life trap, spirit blade, spirit trap, and feint. This is for a normal centaur, not from cloths or treasure, on a boss with no resistance or boast toward life. This takes a long time to prep for due to having only 4 feints spirit blades/traps. It could be better if you had a balance and death friend to reduce time and increase damage. Balance blade, hex, curse, blade storm, dragon blade (blade from pets) life trap treasure 1 life trap treasure 2. This will do about (my guess) 5k in damage, probably 10k to malistare

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
life is made to heal it's not susposed to have a high attack if an enemy can never kill you then all you have to do is wear it down and if you can't then either get help or try again you're not going to win every time

So what if you dont have stong attack like storm. Every school has their own traits like death ( my school by the way :D ) can use drains balance exedes in enpowering themselfs and others myth exedes in summoning monsters ect,ect,ect well that's all I got to say

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Yes but to do that you need
Life blade, life trap, spirit blade, spirit trap, and feint. This is for a normal centaur, not from cloths or treasure, on a boss with no resistance or boast toward life. This takes a long time to prep for due to having only 4 feints spirit blades/traps. It could be better if you had a balance and death friend to reduce time and increase damage. Balance blade, hex, curse, blade storm, dragon blade (blade from pets) life trap treasure 1 life trap treasure 2. This will do about (my guess) 5k in damage, probably 10k to malistare

Same with any school.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
paladin429 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Be glad. You're life.

Just a little long winded there. Some friendly advice, try to make your points a little quicker or else people reading these either get bored or just mad that you're dissing their ideas so harshly without trying to see their point of view at all. The way you stated your thoughts suggested that you have no respect for other's thoughts and thought everyone should only listen to you. That's all i have to say

Hold on a sec...what exactly are YOU trying to say? This was MY post, okay. Not yours. If you want to make a perfect point the way you want it and all the perfect little details and short and everything YOU want, go make a post yourself. I happen to have listened to the zorro's opinon perfectly. I even admited that life DOES need more attack. BUT life is life, it isnt supposed to be an-all-attack school. I even gave perfect examples to back up my---what? OPINON! That doesnt mean everyone has to listen to me! I dont give a care if someone thinks opposite. And that is YOUR opinon that "people will get bored or mad" that doesnt mean they really will! Leave that up to them. I have read plenty of long posts and havent gone totally bored from them.

As for making "my points a little quicker", hmm, I happen to have a lot of points and thank you very much, I'm going to list em'! I HATE when people correct me on my grammer/writing/etc. Thats what you'd prefer, you're not a techer here, this isnt school!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
This is my point of view ok:

Use life if you have a lot of time on your hand.

Use storm if you have less time on your hand.

You know why? Because life takes a long time to kill enemies and takes up a lot of mana in healing and attacking.. While storm just attacks strong and takes like 1 or 2 shots to defeat them. That means less mana for storm and more mana for life, faster for storm, slower for life. Rest are kinda even-is.

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
paladin429 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Be glad. You're life.

Hold on a sec...what exactly are YOU trying to say? This was MY post, okay. Not yours. If you want to make a perfect point the way you want it and all the perfect little details and short and everything YOU want, go make a post yourself. I happen to have listened to the zorro's opinon perfectly. I even admited that life DOES need more attack. BUT life is life, it isnt supposed to be an-all-attack school. I even gave perfect examples to back up my---what? OPINON! That doesnt mean everyone has to listen to me! I dont give a care if someone thinks opposite. And that is YOUR opinon that "people will get bored or mad" that doesnt mean they really will! Leave that up to them. I have read plenty of long posts and havent gone totally bored from them.

As for making "my points a little quicker", hmm, I happen to have a lot of points and thank you very much, I'm going to list em'! I HATE when people correct me on my grammer/writing/etc. Thats what you'd prefer, you're not a techer here, this isnt school!

Yikes, looks like i struck a nerve there, sorry, But just as you said i was only giving my opinon

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
For too long I have kept quiet about people saying Life needs stronger attacks or an attack all spell. Well, finally I am going to give my opinion, as a Grandmaster of Life.

Giving Life stronger attacks would make that school over powered. No other school can heal large amounts as does Life. Many say Life is support only. THAT IS NOT TRUE. I have soloed most of the game with my Life wizard. Could I one hit most enemies? NO, but a life trap and blade can take an enemy down far enough to use a smaller spell. Add spirit blades, spirit traps, and feint, and you can kill in one hit. I have done this. I seldom use my secondary schools for attacks even at lower levels.

Life doesn't need a stronger attack because their strength lies in outlasting their enemy by healing. This is easier when using Sanctuary, the global spell.
Life doesn't need a spell that attacks all enemies because at higher levels, they gain power pips quicker allowing them to rapidly throw seraphs and even centaurs. This I know because I have other wizards. With all my grandmaster gear, Life has 82% power pip chance. The other wizards I have are lower, but can't give exact amount.

In conclusion: LEAVE LIFE AS IT IS. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I have a ice wizard and a life wizard and if you wont more at moves
get a 2 school that is what i am doing

you know the new schools that are comeing get one as your 2 school ty and bye

Defender
May 09, 2009
KILEYGHOSTBLOOD wrote:
i TOTALLY agree w/ the attacking part. i was in a arena battle,2 v 2, me and a girl were defeated and there were 2 boys that were both life. IT TOOK FOREVER. i even had a chance to go to walmart and when i came back it was still going on!!! thats what i think instead of thinking of other schools think of the schools rite now that have trouble healing or attacking, then everyone will be even!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

lvl18/death

why do you want everyone to be even ? :? thats like saying everyone in the world should be the same. k it must be differnt because differnt schools are meant for differnt advantages, fire has more linger spells, ice has strong defenses, and storm has strong attacks. on the counter side fire isnt that great or bad at attacks, ice has strong defenses like its own absorbe, its regular fire and storm shields, and tower shield, storm has very strong attacks but not a lot of health or mana.

life specialses in healing, death in drains where it steals life, and myth is great at minions. on the opposit side, life is weak at attacking, death has fixed drains where they have only one level of strength (excluding blades or traps or bosts), and myth has minions ( i see this as a strength and a weakness because 1. minions help 2. minions just do and dont think)

now for the thread starter person (lol sry idk what the right term is)

for the first thing, yes life has a healing bubble but death has a bubble that does the opposite, and balance just increases a power pip chance. it would be unfair to other schools if one of the schools had 2 feild spells while the rest only had 1, this would mean you would have to give death and balance a increase attack the rest of the schools something else, OR you would have to replace the bubble with the new one.

for the second one, life has centaur which is about the same as the rest of the schools, sure it doesnt have as many attacks but that is because its SUPPOSED to be a school that heals people so they can kill the things for you. if you where looking for a school to solo in then its not life. its better to make life a secondary school (this is just my opinion do not be offended if you think otherwise.)

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I havn't been on in a while, sry. I'm not saying that we are THAT weak! I'm just saying that to a certain point I'm REALLY tired of having to battle forever. It just gets me all wound up about useless attacking. Ok, so we're the only school that is the REAL heal... I care. The thing is that we just don't have A LOT of hit points. We have a balance, and I'm OK with that...really. It's just that I don't like that the other schools have all this good juice, and we don't. Tell me one other school that dosn't have a spell that hits all the enemies. None. Tell me one other school that has a less powerful(in all ways, so death is greater)spell than centaur. None. I'm just tired of it! And I'm not saying that we're not good!!!!!!!!!!!

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
paladin429 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Be glad. You're life.

THANK YOU!

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Azmadaus wrote:
I have a ice wizard and a life wizard and if you wont more at moves
get a 2 school that is what i am doing

you know the new schools that are comeing get one as your 2 school ty and bye

I have a 2ond school!!!!!!!! Fire, but low accuracy makes using it a bit useless. Well actually not...