Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The -1 Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I was in the arena the other day and overheard some warlord trying to sell the -1 bug. I was appauld by this. I have a level 15 storm trying to get rank for her arena gear, all that day she kept getting Warlords that were grandmasters.

Question: " How c.an a level 15 compete against Grandmaster Warlords in full gear?" and on top of that brag about how easy it is to beat "noobs".

At one time the -1 bug was frowned upon by these high ranks and they would apologize to you and was very nice about defeating you. But now it is the going craze going around the arena to get so called noobs for easy wins and then trash talk you.

How is it possible to sell the -1 bug?
Does the Warlords need the tickets? or the rank?

It is getting to the point everyone wants to beat noobs just for the fun of it. I asked why they do it and their response was "I am bored and it is fun to beat noobs cause they don't stand a chance". How ironic and sad for new members to come to the arena and have to face such rude people.

This game was rated #1 for family.

Is KingsIsle going to let these rude people ruin it for them? I really hope not.

I know from experience that the arena can be brutal but I have not given up. At least I can say, I am doing my best and one day I hope to accomplish from hard work thatI have earned my gear.

I truly hope KingsIsle fixes the -1 bug.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
Delver
Mar 15, 2009
kar185 wrote:
I was in the arena the other day and overheard some warlord trying to sell the -1 bug. I was appauld by this. I have a level 15 storm trying to get rank for her arena gear, all that day she kept getting Warlords that were grandmasters.

Question: " How c.an a level 15 compete against Grandmaster Warlords in full gear?" and on top of that brag about how easy it is to beat "noobs".

At one time the -1 bug was frowned upon by these high ranks and they would apologize to you and was very nice about defeating you. But now it is the going craze going around the arena to get so called noobs for easy wins and then trash talk you.

It is getting to the point everyone wants to beat noobs just for the fun of it. I asked why they do it and their response was "I am bored and it is fun to beat noobs cause they don't stand a chance". How ironic and sad for new members to come to the arena and have to face such rude people.

Is KingsIsle going to let these rude people ruin it for them? I really hope not.

I know from experience that the arena can be brutal but I have not given up. At least I can say, I am doing my best and one day I hope to accomplish from hard work thatI have earned my gear.

What is the 1-bug?

And yes ppl are very rude in the arena.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I'll address some things.

You can't. You're not meant to. It's just how the game goes, and nobody can win them all. Sometimes you're going to lose, and not every time it's because of what you conceive as "fair". It's the game mechanics, and it's working as intended. You're dealing with artificial intelligence and game mechanics. If you want perfection, go play Candy Land.

Two words: time saver

Tickets. Always the tickets. They make PvP so easy that it quickly elevates those who deserve it far before they can reap any of the rewards. On three grandmasters, the moment I hit warlord I wasn't within earshot of getting my first piece of equipment. I had to downrank for tickets, just like anyone who is good at PvP. Either that, or wait several months and play way too many full matches. Not my cup of tea.

News flash - bullies exist. Real life or in video games, it makes no difference. In fact, it's probably more prevalent here because everyone is cloaked in a distinct degree of anonymity. Anyone can be an internet Rambo if they so chose to be.

So what's your alternative, tell people who pay to play the game that they weren't being sugar sweet to everyone at all times? Forget that. No matter what you think, KingsIsle is still a business, and you don't run a successful one that way.

My advice? Grow some skin. Or a pair.

Not a bug. Working as intended.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Popman98 wrote:
forgive me for asking, but what is this so called -1 bug?

It mean NEGATIVE 1 bug like people being negative to other people. At least that is what I believe it means...

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
Popman98 wrote:
forgive me for asking, but what is this so called -1 bug?

It mean NEGATIVE 1 bug like people being negative to other people. At least that is what I believe it means...
i think it means your rank say -1

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Posseumman

I noticed you have taken what I said out of context.

First of all I was not complaining.

Second of all if you read what I said you would know I was just making a statement. I have been playing this game for a long time and I know how it works. I have seen some changes that have been made as well since almost the beginning. The -1 bug I believe is not an intended change (unless KingsIsle tells me otherwise), then I will continue to think it is a bug.

I love playing Wizard no matter what changes are made or what bugs there maybe. I just wanted to put this out so that it is known to all who goes to the arena.

Also to let you know I appreciate your comments as well.

:-)